Proposal: EDM/TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Right now Koskinen is playing well. His contract is up at the end of the season making him a relatively easy guy to move for an upgrade in goal. Mrazek isn't that and signed for three years.

Oh, and he's hurt.

Other than that well thought out trade.
An upgrade? Who's going to give you a better goalie for a bad goalie who's currently on a bit of a heater and an expiring contract?

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Campbell Games played 18, wins 12
Koskinen games played 13, wins 11

why would Oilers entertain Mrazek

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Why? Mrazek kind of hinders Dubas from signing Campbell
You asked the question. If you had an answer, why ask the question? They had Campbell when they signed Mrazek knowing full well they had to sign Campbell.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
He’s better and healthier than Mrazek

if Koskinen isn’t that good than why make a trade offer for him typical hf make offer offer gets denied op says player they want isn’t that good anyway
Campbell is the guy going forward and that 3.8m cap space could be used elsewhere next season

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You believe he signed Mrazek just to turn around and dump him because he knew all along he had to sign Campbell?
Was Mrazek a mistake he now needs to correct since he didn't realize he'd have to sign Campbell?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I’ll let him know. I’m sure he’s unaware of his contract next year. Should I let him know that he should make signing Campbell a priority as well? Or should we assume he and Pridham have had this discussion already?
I know people can be down on Dubas but you have to believe he has a little awareness of what needs to happen.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
You believe he signed Mrazek just to turn around and dump him because he knew all along he had to sign Campbell?
Was Mrazek a mistake he now needs to correct since he didn't realize he'd have to sign Campbell?
Where in any of my post did I say he knew all along he had to sign Campbell? I'm not Dubas so I can't tell you his motives, I can only speculate. Regardless, yes, I think Mrazek was a mistake, he's taking up Campbell money for next year, he should never have been signed for 3 years

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Where in any of my post did I say he knew all along he had to sign Campbell? I'm not Dubas so I can't tell you his motives, I can only speculate. Regardless, yes, I think Mrazek was a mistake, he's taking up Campbell money for next year, he should never have been signed for 3 years
I'm sure most fans assume their Teams GM's are aware of which players they need to sign.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Neither of these two is all that great. The more attractive asset is therefore the one whose contract expires earlier. The Oilers are free of Koskinen at season's end, when they can seek an upgrade. The Leafs are wedded to Mrazek for three years. The Oilers say no, easily.
Not only are they free of him, he's currently having the better season as well. Why downgrade and saddle yourself with another iffy goalie for another three years? I think it's an easy no from Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad