GDT: EDM Oilers @ STL Blues 6pm CST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Kind of rich coming from him, but he is also not wrong.

Still sort of strange to out a teammate publicly.

This is like if I went to work and ripped on my team in front of others. Not sure that will have anything positive come from it.
Well I mean, Bortuzzo also fought a teammate in practice and everything was fine after that. So, you can’t really compare hockey to normal jobs because it’s very different.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Thomas really seems like he has taken 1c role this week. I’m not sure he’s gonna give it back for a decade.
Thomas is truly on a roll right now. But, we need him to keep it up for a full season. Last season he was banged up and injured so I'm not too upset about last season. But, he needs consistency.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Kind of rich coming from him, but he is also not wrong.

Still sort of strange to out a teammate publicly.

This is like if I went to work and ripped on my team in front of others. Not sure that will have anything positive come from it.

It was a typo. It came from Berube not Bortuzzo.

Reactions: Mike Liut

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
At this point, there is no excuse not to get another shut down D. We have plenty of pieces even if it means we have to trade some combination of a first rounder, Perunovich, Kostin, Barbashev, etc. You have to give to get in the league. Our D core needs major restructering and I'm glad we spotted this earlier in the season than closer to the trade deadline.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So dumbass JR made a mistake.

Berube said the quote about Scandella and Parayko, it wasn’t Bortuzzo. So that makes more sense.

Reactions: BlueOil

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The trickle down effect a Hampus Lindholm trade would have on our D-core would be nuts.

Lindholm-Colt Top shutdown pair
Krug-Faulk top 2nd pair
Perunovich- Bortz Physical intensity with high IQ puck moving ability…..

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
So dumbass JR made a mistake.

Berube said the quote about Scandella and Parayko, it wasn’t Bortuzzo. So that makes more sense.
That makes so much more sense. Lol. I was starting to wonder when we were going to see "Bortuzzo had been traded for future considerations"

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you guys don't want Parayko, we'll take him. :sarcasm:

Good game tonight. I thought you guys outplayed us for a good portion of the game, but Binnington helped us out with some soft goals. Definitely not giving me confidence as a Team Canada supporter.

Please beat Calgary (and every other Pacific team) when you face them. ;)

Reactions: BlueSeal

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If you guys don't want Parayko, we'll take him. :sarcasm:

Good game tonight. I thought you guys outplayed us for a good portion of the game, but Binnington helped us out with some soft goals. Definitely not giving me confidence as a Team Canada supporter.

Please beat Calgary (and every other Pacific team) when you face them. ;)
We don’t want to deal Parayko. Just need him to bring it and he has been struggling lately.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
At this point, there is no excuse not to get another shut down D. We have plenty of pieces even if it means we have to trade some combination of a first rounder, Perunovich, Kostin, Barbashev, etc. You have to give to get in the league. Our D core needs major restructering and I'm glad we spotted this earlier in the season than closer to the trade deadline.
Even if we wanted to do that, where you getting cap space? We can’t even activate Sunny until our covid guys are back.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
This team needs work, but a healthy Krug and Schenn make this one of the better teams and I would wager we win the last two if that were the case.

I still don’t see Krug as a fit, but he would have helped. You can’t have Rosen and Walman out there and expect great things to happen.

I am still not in love with the defense from a defensive standpoint, but everything else looks pretty good with a full roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad