Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NJD] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson: Mod warning #191

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
bahahahaha.... stopped reading after this

You really love a sheltered dman that much? He's Zidlicky 2.0, who i really liked in his prime. Vatanen is a good player but he can't play the kind of minutes Larsson will. I've never been a massive Vatanen fan.

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
The only thing making me feel better is that it shouldn't be that difficult to replace Hall's offense. Like, it's possible. So maybe it's okay.

If an OEL or Doughty could be gotten for a winger, I think Chia would have done it. But wingers aren't that valuable.

It still doesn't seem like we got full value for that asset. But I guess it could work out. In theory.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wont be surprised if Lucic is planning to sign here, also. Which is probably a reason why we had to pull the trigger so soon....

Lucic a done deal.
There is no way Chia makes the Hall trade without Lucic in his back pocket IMO. Thats partly why I didnt have an issue with acquiring a winger before trading for a dman. Chia did the same thing last year when he traded Gordon and then acquired Letestu the next day.

I just question the risk involved in targeting Larsson as the return for Hall.

North

Jun 25, 2009
NJ fan here.

You guys will love Larsson. I know it's hard to lose Hall and we're happy to have him but Larsson is a stud.

He played tougher minutes than Greene overall. Led the league in defensive zone starts and still managed great advanced stats.

With offense: I think he can put up 30 points as well. He didn't get any PP time in New Jersey because he was already playing 23 minutes a night and a ton on the PK.

Thank you for this info.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
An underrated horrible part of this trade is what we've just done to Draisaitl.

He goes from having support of one of the best wingers in the NHL to having one of Maroon or Pouliot? Good luck with that :shakehead

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Facts are facts and perceptions are perceptions. Regardless of why you think he shouldnt have been sent down he was, and didn't exactly light it up did he? He has 9 goals and 60 assists in almost 300 games. Cherry pick segments of stats lines all you want, he brings almost no offence to the table and ins't a good possession player. Taylor Hall was both of those things and then some. If he struggled on an ok devils team with ****** coaching, just imagine the train wreck he'll be on the light years ******** oilers team with infinitely ******** coaching.

The Reinhardt trade had me worried about Chiarelli's judgement, this confirms him as quite possibly the ********* oilers GM ever. Light years worse than Tambellini. At least we managed to retain our valuable assets with him.

df0ff33f266f32214d219b927452e45fc1dffeaee2a32c2df03cac793d08d36a.jpg

Too many people on this site fall in love with "assets" - how about a team that can make the playoffs.

I am not sold on this trade but let the summer and next season play out. We cant be any worse.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The only thing making me feel better is that it shouldn't be that difficult to replace Hall's offense. Like, it's possible. So maybe it's okay.

If an OEL or Doughty could be gotten for a winger, I think Chia would have done it. But wingers aren't that valuable.

It still doesn't seem like we got full value for that asset. But I guess it could work out. In theory.

NHL forwards, 2012-16, min 1,000 minutes, ranked by 5v5 PTS/60:
1. Sidney Crosby: 2.71
2. Jamie Benn: 2.54
3. Taylor Hall: 2.49

That is going to be VERY hard to replace, especially considering he did that without competent puck moving defensemen.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
bahahahaha.... stopped reading after this
Larsson is much much better overall player. Vatanen is better as PPQB and thats about it. Hope all you super negative guys are not onboard when the team starts winning.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Tough day to be an Oiler fan. I wish Hall nothing but the best. It sucks to see him go and I understand why he is insulted, he toughed out years of losing on this team for pretty much nothing. Larsson could be great. But could be is hard to settle for when you are trading a player like Hall.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Don't forget that the perception that we have all this offensive talent is just garbage, one of the lowest scoring teams in the league year after year. Now we have McDavid and then crickets.

Eberle's ppg over the past 5 years is better than Hossa's and tied with Voracek and Tarasenko. Hopkins has scored at a rate over 50 points (some years much more) per 82 games ever year but one when he was at a 49 point pace with the bum shoulder. Draisaitl is a very good young player but i do think he relied on Hall quite a bit. Pouliot has been scoring at a +50 point pace per 82 games since he's been here. If we sign Lucic same thing +50 point player.

Losing Hall sucks and our offense has been overrated but make no mistake about it the biggest thing that's hurt us offensively, and i've been saying it for years, is that the D hasn't been good enough. We get pinned in our zone and you can't score from there, and we lack the type of D to headman the puck consistently and well not to mention D that can help in the offensive zone. If Puljujarvi comes as advertised and Lucic signs i really don't think we'll be any worse offensively but we will be a whole lot better defensively. Not to mention McDavid will be better and i'd bet Nuge will be too.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Larsson is much much better overall player. Vatanen is better as PPQB and thats about it. Hope all you super negative guys are not onboard when the team starts winning.

Larsson hasn't really had the chance to be a PPQB, we'll find out during the season i'm sure he gets PP time with us

McNutty780

Apr 12, 2011
It's a gamble for sure, but that's the business. Will Hall get over 90 points with NJ? Who knows? It's not like he was playing with offensive scrubs here. He's going to have who on his line Zajac? lol

We may as well start gambling on another table...let's hope this Larsson kid shows why he was considered the number 2 OA behind RNH at one point..

I hope McDavid doesn't have a sophmore slump. That's going to really hurt us

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
An underrated horrible part of this trade is what we've just done to Draisaitl.

He goes from having support of one of the best wingers in the NHL to having one of Maroon or Pouliot? Good luck with that :shakehead

I think they have no choice but to put on the wing with RNH. I don't think Drai has proven himself to be a top 2 center yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad