Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Kailer Yamamoto re-signs with Edmonton (1 year, $1.175M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
They are extremely screwed for cap next season, 7 million with only 16 players signed. If Pulu or Sweet Potato have a good year... ooph
Add 4.1 million for Klefbom on LTIR, plus if Puljujarvi or Yamamoto have good years it won't be hard to move them

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Add 4.1 million for Klefbom on LTIR, plus if Puljujarvi or Yamamoto have good years it won't be hard to move them
I wouldn't rule Klefbom out yet, he may pull a Ferland and try to return. Puljujarvi could probably be moved, I don't see a viable market for Yamamoto, I think more than likely Holland would just walk away from him. We still have to deal with a flat cap

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I wouldn't rule Klefbom out yet, he may pull a Ferland and try to return. Puljujarvi could probably be moved, I don't see a viable market for Yamamoto, I think more than likely Holland would just walk away from him. We still have to deal with a flat cap
I don't think Yamamoto has arbitration rights next season all the Oilers have to do is qualify him.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Yammo got very hot when he came in prior to last year.

Last year, he was very snakebit and inconsistent. He is playing with Draisaitl as well. If he can't put up good #'s this year with the chance he is getting, then he isn't worth a ton more.

I think he will do well. He is betting on himself. Still has to prove himself.

I think thus far he is like 0.6p/g and a +26...

He is somewhere in the middle of his two seasons. He has to be a top 6 player though IMO. He is a workhorse, but he can't be in the bottom 6.

Last edited:

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
Seems like a decent deal. Holland has always been great with RFA's so not really surprised. The oilers if I'm remembering correctly really don't have much more cap space to give anyways.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I don't think Yamamoto has arbitration rights next season all the Oilers have to do is qualify him.

Yamamoto will have arbitration rights next summer, as long as he plays in at least 1 NHL or AHL game.

Most players gain arbitration rights one season after their ELC expires, though there are exceptions like burning ELC years or signing at an older age.

Reactions: Mr Positive

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Foegele has apparently had some chemistry with Draisaitl as they’ve been playing together in the captains skates.

Yamo might actually be on the third line if Foegele can play on his off wing.

Hyman-McDavid-Pulju
RNH-Draisaitl-Foegele

That’s a pretty big and fast top 6 with some skill.

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Outside of one 20 game stretch when he first was called up he really hasn't been that good.

Good cheap deal but Holland just kicks that can a little further down the road.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I would have personally signed Yamamoto to a longer contract right now. Got a feeling this will backfire somewhat on Holland.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who will bust his ass to improve after a bit of a sophomore slump, and will put up far more points this year, while also being the tenacious little bugger he already is.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
That’s an insanely cheap contract. He’s banking on himself having a 40-50 point season (majority at even strength) on Draisaitl’s wing which would line himself up for a nice longterm contact

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I would have personally signed Yamamoto to a longer contract right now. Got a feeling this will backfire somewhat on Holland.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who will bust his ass to improve after a bit of a sophomore slump, and will put up far more points this year, while also being the tenacious little bugger he already is.
100% I think this is a dumb move by the Oilers.
He strikes me as someone who will work out long term. Going short term will be a loss in the long run

knifer

Sep 4, 2006
yk
100% I think this is a dumb move by the Oilers.
He strikes me as someone who will work out long term. Going short term will be a loss in the long run

Dumb move? Signing a top 9 guy to a million bucks? I imagine Holland tried to get him for a bit more money for much longer term but Honey Badger dont give a shit and said no thanks. The guy weights a buck sixty, I would be extremely surprised if hes ever a 6 million dollar player, he has his work cut out to get to 4 million a year ever if you ask me.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
He was underwhelming playing with one of the best centres in the NHL all year.

If he wants to be paid he's gotta hit it out of the park this season. Otherwise he won't be staying in Edmonton. They have other players coming up through the ranks that will be pushing for jobs. (e.g Lavoie, Halloway, ect.)

He is a 3rd liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad