Proposal: Edm - Dal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
I don't know what you guys are talking about. RNH's contract is fine, maybe slightly long, and it is not buyout proof. Buyout proof means that the contract is full of large signing bonuses with a small base salary, his contract is front loaded with small signing bonuses on 3 of the years. If he waived his NMC he could easily be traded, he just signed a discount contract so he probably doesn't want to waive but that doesn't make him untradeable. I despise the Oilers but there is some crazy talk going on here.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Is RNH's production somewhat lacklustre? Sure.

Is he one of the few Oiler forwards that doesn't get absolutely caved in from a two-way stand point? Yes.

At 5.1 million, I am more than happy running him as a 2 way top 6 winger who can step into the #2c position when injury (inevitably) occurs.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Totally cool with Hopkins contract. Yes a little long but I suppose they ll deal with that when the time comes. It likely kept his average salary down a bit in these vital years of McDrai

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The term is long, but definitely not overpaid in comparison to other players around the league with the same output. Look at Isles own Josh Bailey. Same with Jordan Eberle. They are all getting around that much. You can't just go around stomping your feet and saying the whole league is overpaid.
You’re right the whole league isn’t, but RNH is

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Nuge has a full no movement clause throughout his whole contract. He took a sizable discount just for that to be part of the contract. He's mentioned almost too many times that he wants to play for Edmonton his entire career. He'll never waive his NMC, especially in the first few years of his new contract. If/when McDavid and Draisaitl leave (2025 and 2026), and if Edmonton sinks as a result, he'd likely consider waiving it, but he'd be well into his 30s by then, and his value will be a fraction of what it is today. Him and Darnell made it clear in the summer, they want to play for Edmonton their whole career, with both signing max term deals that will run into their mid 30s. As an Oiler fan, that's so heart warming to see, as the vast majority of players, usually want out of here by the time their contract expires, or just simply would never sign here as a free agent.

If you're looking for a center, as a Stars fan I'd be taking a look at Lafreniere in New York. He's not nearly living up to the hype thus far, but he's full of potential that may get realized with a different team/system. Could be a Seguin 2.0, or better

Reactions: TFHockey

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Getting back to the OP, would Dallas have interest in moving a package that included Holtby and Faksa if it was based more on futures than on an unrealistic target like Nuge? Holtby and Faksa for Koskinen (cap reasons, expiring contract) and what futures?

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
I had zero idea RNH's contract was so divisive amongst Oilers fans, nevermind his production somehow.

Why is $5.1million/season for the next several years "overpaid"?

Forwards making a similar salary include the following: Josh Bailey, Kyle Palmieri, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Tom Wilson, Yani Gourde, Evgeni Dadonov, Mikael Granlund

There is 1 player on that list most would take over RNH. Not sure why this contract is so bad for what RNH brings in an effective 2-way role and verstaility between RW and C when needed.

That's not even touching on the "argument" that only 10 of his 26 points in 30 games (!!!) are even strength so that somehow makes him even worse? Despite being almost a PPG player?

Sorry he's effective on special teams? What an awkward take on his contract and production unless I'm missing something?

Team should've signed him for $2million x 7 years. Another nail in Ken Hollands coffin #fireholland amirite

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Getting back to the OP, would Dallas have interest in moving a package that included Holtby and Faksa if it was based more on futures than on an unrealistic target like Nuge? Holtby and Faksa for Koskinen (cap reasons, expiring contract) and what futures?
What are the future’s? I think oiler fans won’t part with what is needed. IMO I would gladly move faska. Great defensive forward. Terrible offensively. Bowness is in love with him too much. Holtby would cost as Dallas wants to make the playoffs and he is a key part of that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What are the future’s? I think oiler fans won’t part with what is needed. IMO I would gladly move faska. Great defensive forward. Terrible offensively. Bowness is in love with him too much. Holtby would cost as Dallas wants to make the playoffs and he is a key part of that.
It wouldn't be our top tier prospects or picks I don't think. If you guys need Holtby then I think we would back off. If we are going to have to try to pry a guy away from the opposition I would rather do it with someone better.

How much for just Faksa? Bad offensively fits in with the rest of our bottom six forwards but we could use the great defensive play, ha ha.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So powerplay points don't count now? Okay then.
To quote an Oilers fan…

The guy has 24 points at 5v5 in his last 82 games playing almost every single minute with McDavid or Draisaitl.

He gives you the offensive depth of a below average third liner.

Milan Lucic has triple Nuges goal production this year

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
To quote an Oilers fan…

The guy has 24 points at 5v5 in his last 82 games playing almost every single minute with McDavid or Draisaitl.

He gives you the offensive depth of a below average third liner.

Milan Lucic has triple Nuges goal production this year

Glad powerplay points aren't worth as much. Good to know.

Lucic has half the points of Nuge, for what its worth.

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad