Proposal: Edm - Dal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
To Dallas
R. Nugent-Hopkins

To Edmonton
B. Holtby
R. Faksa

Edit: picks to balance out?
I do think your approach is correct. Edmonton will swing for the fences BUT it might not be till the off season now as they have dug themselves a hole even mcdavid cant get out of

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
RNH has an untradeable contract .. they can't even buy him out if they wanted to

But I'd do that trade

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yeah cause taking offensive depth out of a line up with zero beyond Mcdavid/Draisaitl for a 4th liner and a goalie who has bombed 2 out of his last 3 seasons sounds greeeeeeeeeeat.

The guy has 24 points at 5v5 in his last 82 games playing almost every single minute with McDavid or Draisaitl.

He gives you the offensive depth of a below average third liner.

Last edited:
Reactions: kp61c

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd do it because I think RNH contract has a real shot at aging poorly.

Also Faksa would be a great 3C for us.

Holtby is a decent bandaid.

RNH has NMC so it's not happening though.

Reactions: Mr Positive

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Nice—the responses have been kinda’ all over the place. The original idea was a bit of a “go for it” for Edmonton. But it seems like there are mixed feelings about the value of RNH and his long-term contract. I also wasn’t too sure about the presence of any secondary scoring issues for the Oil.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Have you seen RNHs contract? It’s worth it to get out from under it
So tired of people taking a player and acting like their salary is a 2015 salary. 5.1 mil is the going rate for a player like that. Look around the league... and don't just cherry pick guys over performing. He's getting paid the going rate, if anything a team discount. He signed that in 2021 btw.

Reactions: Seachd and PuckG

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Yeah cause taking offensive depth out of a line up with zero beyond Mcdavid/Draisaitl for a 4th liner and a goalie who has bombed 2 out of his last 3 seasons sounds greeeeeeeeeeat.
But it would put Dallas over the cap, wouldn't it? So Dallas would forfeit games, which would move Edmonton up one place in the standings.

You can always count on the scientists at hfboards to come up with the real solutions.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
So tired of people taking a player and acting like their salary is a 2015 salary. 5.1 mil is the going rate for a player like that. Look around the league... and don't just cherry pick guys over performing. He's getting paid the going rate, if anything a team discount. He signed that in 2021 btw.
Over paid and term is 3-4 years too long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad