Proposal: Edm-Col-Ana

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So a cap dump and futures with protection for a number 2 defenseman? No thanks from Anaheim.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Pouliot's a 3rd liner. lol. Is Fowler a 3rd pairing dman then? Pouliot is a quality second liner his production suggests nothing less.

you know fowler scores pretty much the same points and even out scores him in the playoffs while playing the hardest matchups.hes even 5 years younger

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'll propose another three way in this thread that might be somewhat more palatable to Ducks fans...

Colorado - Cam Fowler
Toronto - Tyson Barrie
Anaheim - JVR

I would want a pretty decent addition as an Avs fan from Toronto, but if Barrie won't sign long term, he'll need to be dealt at some point within the next two or so years before his value plummets. I'm not particularly sure of what Toronto needs, I imagine they would rather have a more defense minded high end right handed defender, but at the same time, I could see Babcock really liking Barrie / I'm not too sure how picky teams can be with defense considering how valuable they seem to be.

this is not bad. I'd imagine the avs would want another piece because barrie probably has a slightly higher value than fowler.

TOR: Barrie
COL: Fowler, Bracco
ANA: JVR

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Trading Pouliot (25% retained), G. Reinhart(traded 1st rnd 16th and 2nd rnd 33rd), and a first overall pick for Barrie is pretty steep.

Wouldn't doubt Chiarelli would do something like that.

But I wouldn't give up that much for Tyson Barrie. With the expansion draft coming up next year, you have to be 100% sure you want to expose those extra forwards for that 4th defenseman.

Tough decisions for Chairelli and Co.

reinhart is a bust, and the pick is top 5 protected. thats a terrible deal any way you slice it and edmonton would absolutely take it and run

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
No thanks. I don't think EDM will suck enough next year to make it worth it.

mytduxfan*

He was 52 in the league last season p60 :laugh: Do you even hockey?

Comparing a guy who played 55 games to players that played 82 are we? Do you even know how to use statistics? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Try comparing Pouliot when he was playing 3rd line minutes to when he's been given 2nd line minutes. His best P/60s in full seasons were when he played less minutes as a 3rd liner in MTL, BOS and TB. His number is inflated this year and last year because he didn't play the whole season. Sample size is important.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Comparing a guy who played 55 games to players that played 82 are we? Do you even know how to use statistics? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Try comparing Pouliot when he was playing 3rd line minutes to when he's been given 2nd line minutes. His best P/60s in full seasons were when he played less minutes as a 3rd liner in MTL, BOS and TB. His number is inflated this year and last year because he didn't play the whole season. Sample size is important.
55 games is a very large sample size but keep trying to backtrack on a laughable comment. he was 19th for all wingers in the league being injured does not take away a very steady track record but carry on with your strawman:help: and who are we comparing to 82 game guy you're just making up more bs to cover such a bad comment

crosscheck2

Mar 4, 2016
I think Pouliot much better than Fowler, Ducks need to add. He scored 10 goals in 55 games. It is a great player. Hall of Fame player.

mytduxfan*

55 games is a very large sample size but keep trying to backtrack on a laughable comment. he was 19th for all wingers in the league being injured does not take away a very steady track record but carry on with your strawman:help: and who are we comparing to 82 game guy you're just making up more bs to cover such a bad comment

Playing 55 games boasts a players P/60. And that's especially true for Pouliot this passed season because nearly all of his missed games were at the end of the season, when it's been well established that scoring drops as players start to slack off either because their team isn't playoff bound i.e. doesn't matter, or they are playoff bound and want to be 100% for the playoffs.

I haven't backtracked once. Pouliot is better suited on the 3rd line, has never had more then 36 pts (not 2nd line scoring numbers) and is overpaid. We don't want him. Get over it kid.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Pouliot's a 3rd liner. lol. Is Fowler a 3rd pairing dman then? Pouliot is a quality second liner his production suggests nothing less.

His P60 does not.

Playing 55 games boasts a players P/60. And that's especially true for Pouliot this passed season because nearly all of his missed games were at the end of the season, when it's been well established that scoring drops as players start to slack off either because their team isn't playoff bound i.e. doesn't matter, or they are playoff bound and want to be 100% for the playoffs.

I haven't backtracked once. Pouliot is better suited on the 3rd line, has never had more then 36 pts (not 2nd line scoring numbers) and is overpaid. We don't want him. Get over it kid.
Here is how the posts went down lol where is this 82 game player you were referencing :popcorn: And as far as kid I am old enough to be your grandfather as I am already one there young man:laugh: you got called out on a bad post get over it.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
So Avs trade a great Dman for 2 high risk bad ones?!?!

You guys have realized Fowler isn't any good by now right?

This is false or you have exceptionally high standards for what qualifies as a "good" defenseman, which then in turn should mean calling Barrie "great" is an over statement.

mytduxfan*

Here is how the posts went down lol where is this 82 game player you were referencing :popcorn: And as far as kid I am old enough to be your grandfather as I am already one there young man:laugh: you got called out on a bad post get over it.

Go and look it up. I'm not doing all the work for you. Pouliot's best years in terms of P/60 were in 2010-11 (2.10), 2011-12 (2.08), and 2012-13 (2.51). He was playing for MTL, BOS and TB respectively in a 3rd liner role getting ~11 mins EV TOI. Note, his 2.51 year is inflated because he only played in 34 games. SAMPLE SIZE IS IMPORTANT!!! Every time he's been given 2nd line minutes i.e 13+ mins of EV TOI, his P/60 has been <2.

If you're struggling to understand this basic concept, forget P/60. His production is awful. The guy has never had more then 36 pts? How does that indicate in anyway that he's a top 6er? Fowler has a higher career high in pts then Pouliot as a D-man and it's not exactly like Pouliot is some sensational defensive talent to make up for his lack of production.

I love how you guys have been ranting and raving about how good he is and yet he's in every single proposal for a D-man I have seen on here. If he's so good, you keep him. We're not interested in helping EDM solve their D issues and by the looks of that Hall for Larsson trade, neither is anyone else. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
EDM: T. Barrie
COL: C. Fowler + G. Reinhart
ANA: EDM 2017 1st (top 5 protected, '18 1st if top 5) + B. Pouliot (25% retained, 3M cap)

Yeah i seriously doubt that either Anaheim or Colorado do this deal, Pretty sure both pass easily Edmonton is the clear winner here. Why would BM want Pouliot he can do better in a Fowler deal and Fowler and Reinhart who the AVs don't need isn't going to get you Barrie. Sakic will want far better to move Barrie. This is pretty bad all around bad for both Anaheim and Colorado.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Lol really?:laugh: Benoit Pouliot is a quality 2nd liner and his production suggests nothing less. Yeah maybe in Edmonton since when is his 2 best years where he scored only 36 points. Suggest that he's a quality 2nd liner hate to break it to you but 36 point production is 3rd line material not 2nd line. If you're on the 2nd line you had better be able to put up around at least 45-50 points per season and Pouliot isn't even any where close to that.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Go and look it up. I'm not doing all the work for you. Pouliot's best years in terms of P/60 were in 2010-11 (2.10), 2011-12 (2.08), and 2012-13 (2.51). He was playing for MTL, BOS and TB respectively in a 3rd liner role getting ~11 mins EV TOI. Note, his 2.51 year is inflated because he only played in 34 games. SAMPLE SIZE IS IMPORTANT!!! Every time he's been given 2nd line minutes i.e 13+ mins of EV TOI, his P/60 has been <2.

If you're struggling to understand this basic concept, forget P/60. His production is awful. The guy has never had more then 36 pts? How does that indicate in anyway that he's a top 6er? Fowler has a higher career high in pts then Pouliot as a D-man and it's not exactly like Pouliot is some sensational defensive talent to make up for his lack of production.

I love how you guys have been ranting and raving about how good he is and yet he's in every single proposal for a D-man I have seen on here. If he's so good, you keep him. We're not interested in helping EDM solve their D issues and by the looks of that Hall for Larsson trade, neither is anyone else. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

What is funny is now you're going back 5 years give it up man quit embarrasing yourself it's quite obvious now his p60 are 2nd line none of your goalpost moving changes this. :shakehead Never seen a poster try so hard to cover up a incorrect post so bad.And also funny you seem to count his orther lower pp60 yers even though those years he had injuries but his top production years don't count because injury. His last 2 seasons he has been trending up with his best years so why you going back 5 years lol. Go Argue Sedins production and go back 10 years to make your case.

Last edited:

btlaffin

Deathbat
Jun 30, 2013
Cam Fowler, a 24 year old defenseman, has a higher career high in points than 29 year old winger Benoit Pouliot.
Despite their age difference, Pouliot has played just 70 more games than Cam Fowler and has amassed 52 more career points.
Fowler has a career ATOI of 22:25 playing against the other team's toughest offensive opponents. Pouliot's is 13:34. Let's also add in the fact that they have the same cap hit.

So imagine you are Bob Murray... This offseason, you move your top defenseman who still has not hit his prime, leads the team in ice time, and still continues to improve while currently being your best overall defenseman (until Lindholm takes that step). Do you honestly think that you are icing a better team next year by moving Cam Fowler and replacing his contract with Benoit Pouliot? You are delusional if you say yes.

Stop trying to sugarcoat Benoit Pouliot for us. He is an above average depth winger. Nothing more. And he's not getting any better. This is an offseason where Adam Larsson was traded for Taylor Hall. The Ducks, who are still trying to win by the way, are a significantly worse team next year after making that trade. We are very much better off keeping Fowler in this case. We are absolutely not trading him for someone who is going to play 60 games for us and give us 35 points.

mytduxfan*

What is funny is now you're going back 5 years give it up man quit embarrasing yourself it's quite obvious now his p60 are 2nd line none of your goalpost moving changes this. :shakehead Never seen a poster try so hard to cover up a incorrect post so bad.And also funny you seem to count his orther lower pp60 yers even though those years he had injuries but his top production years don't count because injury.

36 points = 2nd liner production. You heard it first ladies an gentlemen. :facepalm:

Cogliano > Pouliot. Cogs out produces Pouliot, is a better PKer and costs less. As a Ducks homer, Cogs = 3rd liner.

Last edited by a moderator:

mytduxfan*

What is funny is now you're going back 5 years give it up man quit embarrasing yourself it's quite obvious now his p60 are 2nd line none of your goalpost moving changes this. :shakehead Never seen a poster try so hard to cover up a incorrect post so bad.And also funny you seem to count his orther lower pp60 yers even though those years he had injuries but his top production years don't count because injury. His last 2 seasons he has been trending up with his best years so why you going back 5 years lol. Go Argue Sedins production and go back 10 years to make your case.

He's trending up because he's playing less games. SAMPLE SIZE IMPORTANT!!!

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
36 points = 2nd liner production. You heard it first ladies an gentlemen. :facepalm:

Cogliano > Pouliot. Cogs out produces Pouliot, is a better PKer and costs less. As a Ducks homer, Cogs = 3rd liner.

Oh come on, stop fighting, you're both pretty.

Seriously though. Benoit Pouliot has been producing as a 2nd line winger since we got him. mytduxfan, you can't really argue that at all. You are trying to and failing.

Now, where I do see the concern is with Pouliot's injury record of recent. He has missed too many games, we know that, its hurt us tremendously when he hasn't been healthy, and to put it bluntly, a guy who is on the IR has no value to the team. So I get that concern, as I think most Oilers fans would, including VainGretzky. But your claim that when healthy, Benoit Pouliot is not a 2nd line winger has been shown false.

Let me ask you this, when Crosby was injured with his concussion/neck issues, did that make him not a top line player? Of course not. It made him a top line player that had injury issues. Pouliot is no Crosby, but him being on the shelf doesn't make him less than a 2nd line player when healthy any more than Sid's issues made him less than the superstar that he is. It just makes him less palatable to have because recently he has been a 2nd liner while healthy (55 and 58 games respectively the last 2 seasons) and like all guys sitting in the press box, worthless for the games missed (27 and 24 games). If you want to argue injury history, by all means do so. But his production is that of a 2nd liner, and has been since we first gave him that opportunity.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Leaves out games played another stellar post :help:

mytduxfan*

Oh come on, stop fighting, you're both pretty.

Seriously though. Benoit Pouliot has been producing as a 2nd line winger since we got him. mytduxfan, you can't really argue that at all. You are trying to and failing.

Now, where I do see the concern is with Pouliot's injury record of recent. He has missed too many games, we know that, its hurt us tremendously when he hasn't been healthy, and to put it bluntly, a guy who is on the IR has no value to the team. So I get that concern, as I think most Oilers fans would, including VainGretzky. But your claim that when healthy, Benoit Pouliot is not a 2nd line winger has been shown false.

Let me ask you this, when Crosby was injured with his concussion/neck issues, did that make him not a top line player? Of course not. It made him a top line player that had injury issues. Pouliot is no Crosby, but him being on the shelf doesn't make him less than a 2nd line player when healthy any more than Sid's issues made him less than the superstar that he is. It just makes him less palatable to have because recently he has been a 2nd liner while healthy (55 and 58 games respectively the last 2 seasons) and like all guys sitting in the press box, worthless for the games missed (27 and 24 games). If you want to argue injury history, by all means do so. But his production is that of a 2nd liner, and has been since we first gave him that opportunity.

I know it wasn't a direct comparison, but that is awful. Crosby's production is one of the highest in the league. He's won the Hart and Art Ross award twice. Even if you just judge Crosby on his scoring, he is without question a 1st line C and an elite talent. Suggesting that Pouliot should be considered as 2nd line winger the same way that Crosby is considered a 1st line C is ridiculous. Pouliot has never had more then 36 points. That's awful production for a 2nd line W. Just because he plays on your 2nd line does not make him a 2nd line winger.

The only people disputing my belief that Pouliot isn't a 2nd line player are EDM fans. It's fine. You have a vested interest in him being a 2nd liner. He's not, but whatever. He's like Dale Weise territory. You know, Dale Weise, that well known 2nd line winger. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm done. I really don't give a **** about Pouliot. We don't want him. Stop mentioning him trades with ANA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad