Proposal: EDM - CHI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
After attaching assets to get rid of Ghost last summer, I could definitely see Fletcher turning around and trading something valuable for Barrie. It would be the ultimate Flyers thing to do.
Ghost is the reason Arizona isn't on this list, ha ha. He's had a nice re-emergence in the desert. I think the change of scenery was needed for him to re-emerge as what he truly is, as he really struggled for that last year and a half in Philly.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This may work. Better option than Phoenix, Chicago or Jersey.

that pick is your 2022 1st btw and probably someone like Savoie.
So you think a 1st and Carter Savoie would both need to be attached to Barrie to trade him? You realize that the only recent defenseman to have assets attached to him in a trade was Ghost from Philly, and despite him playing sub-NHL level for much of the year and a half before the trade, he only had a 2nd and 7th round pick attached to him, right? And that was a reclamation deal, not an actual hockey trade, which is what the Oilers would be after.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
So you think a 1st and Carter Savoie would both need to be attached to Barrie to trade him? You realize that the only recent defenseman to have assets attached to him in a trade was Ghost from Philly, and despite him playing sub-NHL level for much of the year and a half before the trade, he only had a 2nd and 7th round pick attached to him, right? And that was a reclamation deal, not an actual hockey trade, which is what the Oilers would be after.
No dude. I don’t think Barrie is negative value like that. That’s crazy.

Didn’t you see the part of the trade that landed you Bostons current starting goalie as well (Ullmark).

it’s the 1st and savoie for the goalie you just landed (which may not be enough). Barrie makes the cap math work. His value is zero.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This may work. Better option than Phoenix, Chicago or Jersey.

that pick is your 2022 1st btw and probably someone like Savoie.

I know your not a fan of either club but let’s put any bias aside. Edmonton first is around the middle of the first round and Savoie stock has risen since his draft. Ullmark was already being outplayed by Swayman who’s their goalie of the future who was only sent down as he was waiver ineligible.

Rumours have been around Boston looking for another D and they could use another powerplay option. The difference between Ullmarks value and Barrie isn’t a mid 1st and a decent prospect.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
No dude. I don’t think Barrie is negative value like that. That’s crazy.

Didn’t you see the part of the trade that landed you Bostons current starting goalie as well (Ullmark).

it’s the 1st and savoie for the goalie you just landed (which may not be enough). Barrie makes the cap math work. His value is zero.
My apologies, I missed that.

I don't think Boston is going to trade Ullmark at all, so I won't comment on the rest other than saying that I disagree that his value is zero.

Reactions: McJedi

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I know your not a fan of either club but let’s put any bias aside. Edmonton first is around the middle of the first round and Savoie stock has risen since his draft. Ullmark was already being outplayed by Swayman who’s their goalie of the future who was only sent down as he was waiver ineligible.

Rumours have been around Boston looking for another D and they could use another powerplay option. The difference between Ullmarks value and Barrie isn’t a mid 1st and a decent prospect.
Ullmark is a good goalie on a long term deal. He’ll cost at least the first. Level of prospect is debatable. Other teams would be interested in Ullmark. Plus Boston needs him. Rask is temporary and their Swayman guy remains AHL grounded for now. I really doubt Boston wants to trade this guy.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Koskinen, Benson, second rounder for Fleury (@ 5 mill) is the best I'd do. Benson is the kicker for taking on Koski rest of the year the 2nd is the asset (better than what CHI traded for Fleury).
Haha. Benson. A run of the mill try hard AHL level player is the sweetener? His o goals and 1 assist in 19 games is something about 250 AHL players could duplicate. Benson has zero trade value and the Koskinen has negative value.

Chicago doesn’t hit that offer. MAF is playing well and he’s their goalie. They’d just let him play out the season vs taking that deal.

Reactions: Crow

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Koskinen, Benson, second rounder for Fleury (@ 5 mill) is the best I'd do. Benson is the kicker for taking on Koski rest of the year the 2nd is the asset (better than what CHI traded for Fleury).

Awful.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022

Good, I accept. Enjoy your "assets"

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Why is it that so many trades has Barrie going back in the trade to be followed up by oiler fans saying he is not a cap dump? No one wants to pay the guy that kind of money for what he offers.

Nonsense

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'd rather just pay a team off to eat Barrie's cap hit at this point.
On a balanced team Barrie will look very good.
We REALLY needed him last year, but I feel like Bouchard has made him redundant. Bouchard doesn't quite move the puck around as quick as Barrie and Barrie sure as hell is more disciplined.

We need the cap space to address goaltending.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Benson was scratched last night dude.

So he still looks like an AHL player to everyone. Zero trade value.
I think he was referring to Koskinen.

Benson is frustrating. Or cosching is. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he has value but he has not been put in a position to succeed. He looks like he is changing his game from being a playmaker in the AHL to a grinder in the NHL as he's really only gotten 4th line minutes. He's becoming a pretty good agitator but I wish they would try him in a larger role so he can actually show what he can do. Playing with Sceviour, Shore and Ryan isn't exactly the best way to put up points.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I think he was referring to Koskinen.

Benson is frustrating. Or cosching is. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he has value but he has not been put in a position to succeed. He looks like he is changing his game from being a playmaker in the AHL to a grinder in the NHL as he's really only gotten 4th line minutes. He's becoming a pretty good agitator but I wish they would try him in a larger role so he can actually show what he can do. Playing with Sceviour, Shore and Ryan isn't exactly the best way to put up points.
His point was Benson was his add to make the deal good/put it over the top for Chicago. And that’s nonsense. Benson has no trade value. He’s maybe worth a 5th to someone. Maybe.

MAF has been playing really well of late. Dude is a great goalie when he’s locked in and getting some intelligent play in front of him.

koskinen made a nice save on Josi’s shootout attempt. I watched that OT last night.

The Preds have an incredible goalie.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
His point was Benson was his add to make the deal good/put it over the top for Chicago. And that’s nonsense. Benson has no trade value. He’s maybe worth a 5th to someone. Maybe.

MAF has been playing really well of late. Dude is a great goalie when he’s locked in and getting some intelligent play in front of him.

koskinen made a nice save on Josi’s shootout attempt. I watched that OT last night.

Koskinen has been on fire the past three games. The issue is that he is incredibly hot and cold. It's nice to see him have a few games where he plays hot once again.

Reactions: TFHockey

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
What do you think the term “chief” refers to? Seriously after how anti-racism has exploded the past few years, there is exactly zero reason you don’t know this unless it is willful ignorance.

Could have been referring to each other as Fire Chiefs.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Ghost is the reason Arizona isn't on this list, ha ha. He's had a nice re-emergence in the desert. I think the change of scenery was needed for him to re-emerge as what he truly is, as he really struggled for that last year and a half in Philly.

Because he was used like a scrub. He’s much better than 4 of our current defenders. And always has been.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Koskinen had a good game. I'd say the Preds had more grade A scoring chances than Edmonton in that one, but the Oilers outshot them handily.

Saros is awesome.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Koskinen had a good game. I'd say the Preds had more grade A scoring chances than Edmonton in that one, but the Oilers outshot them handily.

Saros is awesome.
He’s buying your GM some time right now. Good on your goalie to hold it down for a week. A nice reprieve. And now with Peg falling to pieces, the Canadian press can relocate their attention as well.

Reactions: TFHockey

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Koskien was the one said to have negative value. He does not have much value, but its not negative.
Koskinen has absolutely no value. But he’s also a rental pending UFA so hard to have negative value either in that scenario. He’s what you call “Salary cap filler”. That’s it. Zero value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad