Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CGY] James Neal <--> Milan Lucic ($750K Ret.) + Cond. 3rd '20 (Goals Scored Related vs. Looch)

Would You Have Pulled The Trigger On This Deal? (Neal for Lucic, 750k ret., cond 3rd)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
0ejjTKt.png

That... that's promising

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Shit, the Oilers are retaining some salary and including a pick. That makes me nervous.
Straight up was too good to be true.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Francis in Cgy is saying pick to Cgy and possible retention

Lots of different takes out there right now - could be a lot of different things - but the core seems to be Lucic and Neal.

Credit to old man Holland, didn’t know if he had the chops to get a deal done. Looks like he does. Don’t know how much better we’ll be with Neal instead of Lucic, but he meets our needs a lot better than Milan does.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
1 for 1 never made any sense. Neal is much more likely to rebound offensively, makes less money, has no trade clauses and has a much easier buyout.

If it's 500k retained and a conditional mid-to-late round pick, that's not significant.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
If Neal screws the pooch this season, his contract could actually be bought out. Suck it treliving! Suck it long Calgary, and suck it hard Lucic

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
if Holland can pull this off I'm buying a retro Oilers jersey to wear and pimp out for this up and coming season
... the only question is what player I have on the back... leaning towards Grant Fuhr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad