Confirmed with Link: [EDM/BUF] McLeod + Tullio for Matt Savoie

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
McLeod plays soft ??
It's the biggest knock on him.

One of the fastest guys in the league, but he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to actually do anything beyond waving his stick on the forecheck and you'll never see him cut inside and drive to the net.

Very frustrating player to watch. Everyone else on the team got dragged into the fight in the playoffs and he was still afraid of his own shadow.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
McLeod plays soft ??
1720224706406.jpeg

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Yes he's just about developed and ready to go...He was maybe my favorite prospect as a Sabres fan...He had a great training camp/pre season last year till he got hurt...I was thinking he make the team this year out of camp and do well....I still don't understand this from our side...Our GM is completely desperate at this point.
Man.. as an Oilers fan who went through the decade+ of darkness, I completely get it. Your team is stocked with great young talent and should be making the playoffs even against stiff competition.

Admittedly this is coming from the other side of a trade, but believe me when I say I sympathize greatly. A bit of a head scratcher but Mcleod, by the numbers, is solid defensively and a speed merchant. I doubt his offensive watermark gets much higher than this and he definitely shies away from the physical side, but he is a good defender.

Savoie looks to be in BAK for us and he had a cup of coffee for you guys in Rochester. Maybe a bit more development time in minors but he definitely seems perched on the cusp of breaking in. I'm rooting for you guys as aforementioned. We know what it's like going through absolute shite front office and long droughts, being a place that doesn't attract top flight players. Definitely pulling for you guys in BUF to prove all the haters wrong.

Reactions: Biltmore

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
It's the biggest knock on him.

One of the fastest guys in the league, but he doesn't have the testicular fortitude to actually do anything beyond waving his stick on the forecheck and you'll never see him cut inside and drive to the net.

Very frustrating player to watch. Everyone else on the team got dragged into the fight in the playoffs and he was still afraid of his own shadow.
It’s one thing to avoid contact in some regular season game, but McLeod doesn’t ratchet it up at any point even in the playoffs. He can do it, we’ve seen him in small sample sizes get to the net and get rewarded, we’ve seen him hit.

There’s a good chance it clicks for him after getting traded. He’s really good on the dot and on the PK, good size and amazing speed. It’s mental with him, he just has to decide to do what coaches have been telling him to do since he was a teenager.

Anyway I love this trade because we absolutely had to open up some cap space. McLeod likely being on the 4th line makes him more expendable than even Ceci.

We got a guy with 3 years ELC, hometown kid, whether he becomes a top 6 forward any time soon doesn’t even matter that much. Although would it be shocking if a kid with his pedigree, at 19/20 years old, excelling at every level he’s played at, would it be so shocking if he took a job this season?

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
We were literally being forced to trade one of McLeod, Ceci or maybe Kane to become cap compliant and we squeezed a team's top 3? prospect out for him.

This fanbase would have been happy with a 3rd coming back.
If the fan base would have been good with a 3rd the fan base is clueless.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Laughing at TheNumber4 selling Buffalo fans a false bill of goods about McLeod.

That's just cruel man, they gave up a 9th overall for a cap dump.

I gotta respect his hustle. Now he needs to work on Ceci’s reputation

I have been consistent that he’s worth more than a 1st rd pick. So yes, I’ll take credit for this trade all day long lol :D

Damn. Some scouts were saying Savoie has first overall level talent if not for his size? Is Savoie that good?

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
So we traded from a position of strength to shore up an area of weakness (ELC winger with top 6 potential). It’s been so long since it felt like we made a trade from a position of strength.

Also, I can’t think of a better time to be a right handed point producing Oilers prospect. Savoie couldn’t have picked a better team to be traded to imo as that RW spot is wide open, especially going into next year.

Holloway Mcdavid Hyman
Ardvidsson Drai Skinner
Nuge Henrique Lavoie/Savoie
_____ Janmark Brown
Ryan/Perry

I can’t wait to see what this forward group can do.

I give you -- FULL LTIR

Ceci, Kane and Perry LTIR this crap into a post december lineup.

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-RNH-Perry

RNH obviously shuffling and playing PP and PK.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Kulak
Broberg-Ceci

roll f***in tiiiiiiiiiiide

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Even better, his 3 year ELC slides because he didn't play enough AHL / NHL games. I just watched his 2024 highlights.. kid has slick hands and skates well, as touted. Smaller is about the only knock I see. High motor too apparently (which is of course harder to see when the highlights package is when he has the puck and not his play off it).

**edit** I'll just leave the link here for you guys to check it yourselves:

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I have been consistent that he’s worth more than a 1st rd pick. So yes, I’ll take credit for this trade all day long lol :D

Damn. Some scouts were saying Savoie has first overall level talent if not for his size? Is Savoie that good?
By all accounts, he is an incredibly skilled player. His production backs it up. His NHL comparable is Brayden Point.

I hope they give him a full year in Bakersfield to polish his game and then he can come in to fill Jeff Skinner’s spot when we can no longer afford him lol

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
By all accounts, he is an incredibly skilled player. His production backs it up. His NHL comparable is Brayden Point.

I hope they give him a full year in Bakersfield to polish his game and then he can come in to fill Jeff Skinner’s spot when we can no longer afford him lol
Yeah plan should be full year in the AHL with the potential for a call up later in the year if he's dominating the AHL. 5 points in 6 games at the start of last year in the AHL is a good sign.

Could be a "TDL" addition like Holloway was this year, and if not he seems like a logical Skinner replacement next year as you said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad