Confirmed with Link: [EDM/BUF] McLeod + Tullio for Matt Savoie

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I wonder if a Ceci move is still coming, they still have to cut some salary no? Could see them moving him and replacing him with one of the remaining RD on the market at a lower salary. Even Barrie would make sense, though I would like Boqvist.
Maybe. The FAs still left are not great, and would be a lateral move in most cases (if you aren't overpaying, and the Oilers are not in the privileged position to do so). I'd still like to see Stecher with Nurse to see.

Then again, I didn't see us prying a prospect like Savoie for Mcleod and Tullio. They have a few 20 year olds that might be in BAK to start, so it was a numbers game down there too. Freaking Jackson looking like a bandit here.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Sabres fan who comes in peace.
How are the guys we got back from you guys.
Savoie was a top A+ prospect for the Sabres . Unfortunately he was injured early last season and couldn't crack the roster.
Clouder is a really great skater away from traffic. He’s 6’3” but plays like he’s going to break is he initiates any contact. has been the knock on him since before he was drafted. Nice kid, great hockey smile.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I like the optimism but as Oiler fans we've been here many times before, lol.

I mean it’s quite a bit different. Savoie was drafted 9 OA in 2022, this isn’t a second or third round pick that’s had a few promising years. He’s got pedigree.

Unless he has an unreal camp and preseason he’s gonna start in Bakersfield.

I imagine either the Oilers pick up one more depth centre and start the year like:

Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrqiue-Brown
Holloway-Hamblin/Ryan/4C-Perry

Line 4 will get more 5 on 5 ice while Line 3 will get a full compliment of PK usage.

You can easily also shift Nuge to C too

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean it’s quite a bit different. Savoie was drafted 9 OA in 2022, this isn’t a second or third round pick that’s had a few promising years. He’s got pedigree.

Unless he has an unreal camp and preseason he’s gonna start in Bakersfield.

I imagine either the Oilers pick up one more depth centre and start the year like:

Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrqiue-Brown
Holloway-Hamblin/Ryan/4C-Perry

Line 4 will get more 5 on 5 ice while Line 3 will get a full compliment of PK usage.

You can easily also shift Nuge to C too

I think Holloway starts in the 4C spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad