Jack Campbell enters player assistance program

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Can someone tell me a player who entered the PAP and actually have a long productive career after? Cause I feel like every player I think of that was the beginning of the end, bobby ryan, carey price, Kuznetsov…
Sam Girard was in the program last year I believe. There’s also Laine who is only 26/27.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I heard these rumours from a guy connected to the team in Toronto. They had to send a guy out with him at night to look after him. Having said that. Everyone loved that guy. Wish him well conquering his demons

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
All the best to Soup, we knew he had some struggles for awhile now. Unfortunate they they got the better of him, but he’s getting the help he needs.

Reactions: Coffees

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I think and hope that after not completing two consecutive contracts his nhl days are over

He’s better off away from the game

I think that's premature. Just because he's entering the player assistance program doesn't mean he won't play this year.

And you don't know what's best for him, we don't even know why he's in the program. Connor Ingram went in for OCD. We have no clue.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Hope you recover quickly Jack, I can't even imagine how tough it's been the past few years, it's not your fault you got paid market value.

the fans that give him a hard time on his personal pages over the years should feel ashamed of their selves.

only sad thing is, I dunno if we ever get to see him in the NHL again

Reactions: Coffees

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Likeable guy. I hope he gets the help he needs and if that means stepping away from hockey I hope he can find peace with it

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
It's nice to see that entering this program is becoming more common.
Not in the wishing these problems on them, but in them using this and getting help when they have them.

Get better Jack, I'm cheering for you again.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I do wish him the best. His situation couldn’t have been easy on the psyche
Probably up there with the toughest journeys in the NHL recently. His hype was IMMENSE around draft time. He was hailed as a future star after the WJC. And then he struggled. For a long time.

It's 8 years between his coming out party in the WJC and his looking like he might be starter quality for the Kings. Then he made it as a starter for like a cumulative year, before injuries and his confidence shattered, and his contract immediately became an anchor.

Hopefully he gets back on his feet.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Proud of you Jack takes a lot of courage but look forward to the day a player going into the assistance program isn’t a thread or a news story that makes them look/feel like damaged goods

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What exactly is he hoping to fix by entering the Players Assistance Program? Excuse my ignorance. I haven't been following the Soup saga very closely for the past couple of years.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
What exactly is he hoping to fix by entering the Players Assistance Program? Excuse my ignorance. I haven't been following the Soup saga very closely for the past couple of years.
How would we know? I don't think we should know unless he wants people to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad