Proposal: Edm-Ari

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Okay goaltending is issue #2 having a dcore that can defend both ends of the ice is key you can make a 1b look like a superstar with the right dmen in front of him. Fix the d then worry about goaltending

I don't think so.

I think only Colorado and Tampa and maybe Florida (maybe) make the playoffs with the goaltending the Oilers have right now.

You're not asking to "improve the D", you're asking for a miracle. Trying to get this going without a goalie is like trying to drive on a flat tire by just flooring the gas instead of just changing the damn flat tire.

Reactions: Mosby

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Chychrun is a nice player but very unnecessary at the expected cost. Broberg, the first and a defenseman who outproduces the offense three-fold just seems like an immediately regrettable trade-off.

He comes with a best before date due to the term left on his deal and he's not really the kind of D Edmonton is looking for at the moment.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
I don't think so.

I think only Colorado and Tampa and maybe Florida (maybe) make the playoffs with the goaltending the Oilers have right now.

You're not asking to "improve the D", you're asking for a miracle. Trying to get this going without a goalie is like trying to drive on a flat tire by just flooring the gas instead of just changing the damn flat tire.
You dont obviously dont understand. You fix goaltending after you fix the d. You cant just expect superstar performances from your goalie night in night out. You also have to plan for either skinner or kono to be possibly taking over. Thats why you fix the d first its more important than goaltending in the oilers case.

Reactions: DarthProbert

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Oilers insiders said that holland offered zona 22 1st
Samorukov
Barrie
For
Chychrun

Zona countered with broberg instead of sam. If oilers include broberg do you think its a fair deal or do you think you need something added like crouse and turris or something like a pick?
If Holland passed on that deal just because Broberg was involved, he deserves a swift kick between the legs from every single Oiler fan in the world.

Nurse - Bouchard
Chycrun - Ceci
Keith - Russell

So much better than what we have right now.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Chychrun is a nice player but very unnecessary at the expected cost. Broberg, the first and a defenseman who outproduces the offense three-fold just seems like an immediately regrettable trade-off.

He comes with a best before date due to the term left on his deal and he's not really the kind of D Edmonton is looking for at the moment.
The biggest issue with the deal is making it next to impossible to trade for a goalie. Maybe they could include another piece to get Arizona's goalie too, ha ha.

Reactions: Czechboy

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Don't really see the point. The problem with the Oilers is goaltending.

Doesn't matter. We need an excuse to post new trade proposals regardless of team needs.
Seriously, ignoring the value in most trade proposals, what percent of trade proposals here even make an attempt to address both teams' needs?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Barrie led the league in scoring for dmen last year and is making 4.5, sorry for a team needing a powerplay quarterback he has value. Now Ari may not need one of those.
A few obvious points:

1 - Barrie is 30 years old and signed for a few more years. Not exactly a fit in the scorched earth rebuild happening in the desert.
2 - Gostibehere is the current PP guy on the Coyotes. Younger, cheaper and outscoring Barrie despite not having McDavid and Draistl to pad his stats
3 - If Barrie is so valuable why is he in almost every Oiler proposal?

Reactions: Nowotny

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
A few obvious points:

1 - Barrie is 30 years old and signed for a few more years. Not exactly a fit in the scorched earth rebuild happening in the desert.
2 - Gostibehere is the current PP guy on the Coyotes. Younger, cheaper and outscoring Barrie despite not having McDavid and Draistl to pad his stats
Barrie is in these proposals because we have Bouchard who is currently a superior version of Barrie.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
A few obvious points:

I'm an Oil fan and decidely not a fan of Barrie.

However, he has tonnes of value as he is very good at being a 1 Dimensional Offensive Dman.

We have Bouch and don't need him.

Unfortunatley (for us), you have Ghost and don't need him either.

There are teams that could use a good PP quarterback though. Not that I can name one right now.lol

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
A few obvious points:

Because we feel we have a cheaper and better replacement. But not every team has a great powerplay quarterback. Make sense to you?

Reactions: Ragdoll

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
It does not make sense to include him in deals to the Coyotes.

Thats a different issue entirely. I said he has value to a team in need of a pp quarterback.I didn't say he has value to Arizona

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Vejmelka is having a very good season in goal for the Coyotes. He’s a 25 year old with upside and is starting to kill the Arizona tank. Makes under $1m AAV and his a pending RFA.

What would Edmonton offer? Want prospects or picks. Coyotes might take Koskinen back as a salary dump with additional assets coming to AZ.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Vejmelka is having a very good season in goal for the Coyotes. He’s a 25 year old with upside and is starting to kill the Arizona tank. Makes under $1m AAV and his a pending RFA.

What would Edmonton offer? Want prospects or picks. Coyotes might take Koskinen back as a salary dump with additional assets coming to AZ.
So my question since I'm bias to Czech players. Is he legit? Obviously wins and save percentage will be low due to a tank so it's hard to compare apples to apples.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I don't think I have watched enough of him to know if he is legit. I think for Edmonton to move any really significant pieces like a 1st rounder, which I assume is what Arizona would want, we should be talking about a deal that includes more than just goalies. We would need a player like Crowse involved to send out 1st out. Can't trade a 1st for a goalie that might just be a guy on a hot streak.

To Edmonton- Vejmelka and Lawson Crowse
To Arizona - Koskinen, 1st round pick, Raphael Lavoie (or equivalent prospect).

Reactions: TFHockey

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Hopefully people realize ARI all ready have a poor man's Barrie in Ghost and have zero interest in Barrie.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As is that’s an absolutely brutal deal for Arizona, if you swap Broberg in for Sam it’s marginally better but still bad and not remotely close to what would be a winning bid for a cost controlled 1D.

So Nurse whom is better then Chychrun people call a # 3 or 4 and out of the other side of their face they call Chychrun a number 1 . He no more a number 1 then Nurse is . Maybe he gets there but as of today he a number 3 with potential , maybe number 2 with a stud #1 backing him up .

As for the Oilers the last thing they need is another defence man that can't defend .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad