ECSF Game 2: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers | 7pm EST | TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
But… I don’t understand. According to the esteemed PHWA, the Leafs not only have the best player in the game but, as of this season, a top three defensive forward. How on earth could they be down 0-2 to a team that had almost 20 fewer points? Surely the Toronto media didn’t and doesn’t overrate their own…

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
They blew their load after celebrating like they won a cup after winning in the first round.
Oh you don't think Leaf fans who hadn't seen round 2 for nearly 20 years and are constantly the butt end of the 2004 jokes were not allowed to be ecstatic about seeing the second round? The Leafs themselves didn't celebrate like they won a cup. Just the fans. The fans are not playing. Your point is nonsense.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
AHL level goalie, lets be real. It’s statistically impossible for him to keep this up. Also not sure what you mean by “carry this Florida team to the finals” when we all know they won’t even make it out of this round
To be fair, there's been plenty of excellent goalie performances that came from absolutely nowhere. At least Bobrovsky has a Vezina record. Also, he was actually pretty good last postseason too.

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
I’d be shocked if the Leafs came back. They outplayed Florida and lost both. They will have a stinker at some point. They put themselves in a bad spot.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Copium.png

"Leefs in 4!", "Okay, in 5...", "ummh, in 6?"

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Underestimated Bobrovsky*

Florida was pinned in their own zone for almost the entire game, they were the better team for the first 90 seconds of the 2nd period. Apart from that they were completely dominated.
Bob didn't score timely goals now did he?
Leafs let in more goals and are down 2-0 in the series
The Leafs lost the game. Florida found a way to win it. The score ore is all that matters.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
100%. There is no chance. I said it before this series even started that the leafs we’re going to get Goalied by Bobrovsky.

Well that’s been hapoening

I bet if Florida moves in bob gets pulled in the second game and posts a .765 on the first two days.

Would be very leafy

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
As a neutral fan, that was still a stress-inducing game.

The Panthers physicality will wear you down. They had some close-calls, but Bob came to play. They gave the Leafs the zone far too easily with the aggressive forecheck. It worked, but you’ll chew your nails down.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You’d love to have both tho
Tkachuk yes, Bennett no. He's an average player that plays an extremely dirty game, he's made 3 suspendable plays already in this series. No doubt Parros would have thrown the book at him after the elbow in game 1, he'd be out for the series.

Tkachuk is actually an elite level player, probably the best power forward in the game. Dirty but skilled. Bennett is just a little bitch.

Reactions: Strangle

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Absolutely not over, Bobrovsky will have to play like that for the entire series. That was utter domination for 58 minutes. Obviously going down 0-2 into Florida is f***ing horrendous, but the 5 on 5 play has not even been close. The difference so far has been Bobrovsky playing like a vezina goalie. If he can maintain that over the course of the series, they'll take it easily but I don't know if he can.
Doesn't need to maintainover the "whole series"...you make it sound like he needs to do this for 7 more games. He just needs to do it 2 more times against the Leaves lol

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
But… I don’t understand. According to the esteemed PHWA, the Leafs not only have the best player in the game but, as of this season, a top three defensive forward. How on earth could they be down 0-2 to a team that had almost 20 fewer points? Surely the Toronto media didn’t and doesn’t overrate their own…
Probably not, but anything can happen in the playoffs.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Why couldn''t Tampa beat the Leafs. Would have been much nicer.

Leafs could have then fired the jackasses and moronic management and start afresh

I am gonna be sick to my stomach if the pukes in dubas and keefe are extended after just one series win

Leafs are truly cursed
Vasilevskiy didn't show up for TB... blame him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad