ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I think Florida either wins or comes really close (OT) to winning game #1. I'm sure leafs will underestimate just how deep the panthers are.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Yeah, I think it could go either way, but the panthers team looks grittier, tougher. and has more heart from what I have seen. The Panthers didn't need as many lucky bounces to get here. Tampa was down a lot of players from their cup teams and they were really banged up. Not as solid as a win this year as beating the Bruins was. I will pick panthers to win it, but wouldn't be surprised if the leafs won as long as the bounces keep going their way.

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah, I think it could go either way, but the panthers team looks grittier, tougher. and has more heart from what I have seen. The Panthers didn't need as many lucky bounces to get here. Tampa was down a lot of players from their cup teams and they were really banged up. Not as solid as a win this year as beating the Bruins was. I will pick panthers to win it, but wouldn't be surprised if the leafs won as long as the bounces keep going their way.

So you say not impressive to beat a banged up Tampa team and then ignore Bergeron and Krejci missing multiple games and playing with debilitating injuries when in, nevermind their starting goalie.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I hope it could be close but I just don't have any faith in Bobrovsky and the defence of the Panthers.
They will have to score like hell in the other end to make up for it.

Dangle said something about Barkov being injured which I hope is a false rumor and that he can finally show up in a big time this series.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
So you say not impressive to beat a banged up Tampa team and then ignore Bergeron and Krejci missing multiple games and playing with debilitating injuries when in, nevermind their starting goalie.
Tampa was not just injured, they had a totally different line up from their cup years even if healthy. Their defense was already gone, and then they had injuries on the players that were left. Palat looks good for the devils and gourde is doing well with the Kraken. It just wasn't as good of a Tampa team this season as years past even if they were healthy.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Tampa was not just injured, they had a totally different line up from their cup years even if healthy. Their defense was already gone, and then they had injuries on the players that were left. Palat looks good for the devils and gourde is doing well with the Kraken. It just wasn't as good of a Tampa team this season as years past even if they were healthy.

Sounds like the Panthers should win convincingly then

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Sounds like the Panthers should win convincingly then
If the leafs keep getting the bounces then they can take it, I just wasn't impressed with the leafs. They looked disinterested for a lot of the time I watched the series. They got some nice bounces and stole some wins from the jaws of defeat. It happens.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If the leafs keep getting the bounces then they can take it, I just wasn't impressed with the leafs. They looked disinterested for a lot of the time I watched the series. They got some nice bounces and stole some wins from the jaws of defeat. It happens.

No team has ever won a playoff series being disinterested. What you saw was a damn good team giving the Leafs everything they had

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I think Florida either wins or comes really close (OT) to winning game #1. I'm sure leafs will underestimate just how deep the panthers are.
Why do people keep saying that lol

You guys do realize we played a healthy version of them this year? And played many of these players last year.

Y'all are trying so hard to spin this "ooooh Toronto underestimates the Panthers!" thing and it's just not a reality.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
No team has ever won a playoff series being disinterested. What you saw was a damn good team giving the Leafs everything they had
We will see soon enough. No matter how you look at it, it takes some luck to win playoff hockey games.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
If the Leafs get the same favorable calls Boston did during their series vs. Florida, I see Toronto taking it in 6.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Wasn't Cousins banged up(shoulder maybe) in game 7. He looked pretty sore or am I thinking of the wrong guy?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
No idea what to expect tonight. Probably a heavy forecheck from both teams, fast, hitting, power plays. What’s not to love except my team losing. Arena will be wild.

Reactions: Kelly

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
There's a difference between being an underdog and it being a "warmup" series for the Leafs. I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening this series, mostly people that didn't watch Boston-Florida.
Most of the “neutrals” are saying that to create unreasonable expectations for the leafs, so they can continue to hate.

If the series goes 6-7, like I and most fans think it will, then they can say it was so difficult for us to dispatch the 8 seed, no way we win against a “real” team like devils/canes

If we lose, then they beat their drums saying leafs fans and “neutral” fans were so cocky.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Florida will beat them.

They were a team that struggled this year but the President's Trophy core from last year is still there. They made their adjustment

Toronto got through based on the weakening of Tampa, and not just losing Cernak, but what McDonaugh brought. They also whiffed on that addition of Jeannot

Reactions: ShelbyZ

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
No idea what to expect tonight. Probably a heavy forecheck from both teams, fast, hitting, power plays. What’s not to love except my team losing. Arena will be wild.

You stole my line.

I've no idea what to expect from this series. Florida just slayed a dragon and the Leafs exercised their demons - It's really hard to predict where these teams are mentally right now for game 1.

I do expect the Leafs to carry the play but you never know.

Reactions: Felidae and Kelly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad