ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Good luck to your team Panther fans. Gonna be a fun series I think. I get that it doesn’t have rivalry buzz of a Boston v Toronto or a Florida vs Tampa series, but it’s something new at least. First time facing each other in the playoffs is crazy. I think the style of each team is going to make for some awesome hockey. Cheers.
It will be a fun series: a lot of fun story lines when you look into it
  1. Tkachuk vs Matthew: Who is the best American player in the game today?
  2. Can Samsonov get revenge from the Panthers ending his Caps career?
  3. Is Bobrovsky back as a legitimate goalie or is it only against 60+ win teams?
  4. Which of the two finally break through for their first conference finals in over 20 years?
  5. How distressed will Habs fans be? Do they root against the hated Leafs or for their 17th overall first round draft pick? #Ole
I'm nervous but excited: 3 of the 4 games this season went to OT and I think the teams are well matched when no one is injured or suspended

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Could be a bloodbath tonight. Neither team can physically dominate the other buy they might need to explore the possibility first.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

The NHL really gave the Leafs the Oilers schedule because they're so scared of Florida having no fans in the building with the Heat playing on Saturday's :laugh:

The NHL in general tries not to clash w/the NBA. & I imagine the league’s tv partners had some input into this, as well. There’s also the F1 race around Dolphins Stadium this weekend. They also may have concerns about people even being able to get there on time, the Traffic is going to be a nightmare trying to get anywhere down there this weekend.

Chapter 1? The Leafs are 106 years old and have 13 cups.
I think he means Chap 1 between Leafs and Panthers

Reactions: um

PeE eL DuBoiS

Send ze caviar to mah chambers, peasant
Mar 31, 2022
The Panthers are sort of like a Leafs proxy team due to revenue sharing, so I'll be less heart broken if they win.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
When the Leafs lost to Boston, we lost everything. Until this team was built as it is today and we beat Tampa...a gift from the hockey gods...in that moment we received some semblance of hope...an opportunity of payback and vengeance against the Bruins...and the Panthers took it from us.
STOLE THAT FROM US....KILLED THAT FROM US.
People are asking whether the Leafs are back. But now we are thinking...yeah we're back. So you can either walk away as fans or you can feel the full wrath of Leaf Nation after the Buds kill the Panther playoff dreams.
...your truly
John Wick
Your tears will just be that much sweeter.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

The NHL really gave the Leafs the Oilers schedule because they're so scared of Florida having no fans in the building with the Heat playing on Saturday's :laugh:

Only benefit is more rest for banged up leafs.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
No Saturday night Leafs playoff hockey is an abomination imo

No you are thinking of those old Ottawa teams that always lost to 8th place Leaf teams :D

Wouldn't know anything about OTT other than they're just another crappy canada team and drafted Daigle who was the biggest bust in NHL history. Lol

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Your tears will just be that much sweeter.
Sweeter than this?

proxy-image1.jpg

proxy-image.jpg

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I now have no choice but to wear my signed Sundin jersey
My dad won this for me at a golf thing. I never wore it even once until Game 6 against TB
IMG_1483.jpg

I know Ill prob never sell it, I mean who would pay me what its worth if its even got any value lol. I dunno about you but Id prefer him signing it on the numbers somewhere overe...... HERE!
IMG_1484.jpg

but look at this lol
IMG_1485.jpg

my dad says it a game worn jersey but I dunno

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
One adjustment for Florida compared to Boston will be that our top 3 Cs are all healthy, and all 3 generate goals 5v5. Bergeron and Krecji only has 1 5v5 point in the series. Coyle stepped in an was ok but doesn't really drive play.

Might put Florida's C more on their heels compared to last series.

Reactions: AvroArrow

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

Panthers went head to head with the Heat in the playoffs last year and had no issues selling out. The league is in the business of making money and more viewership and higher ticket prices because they aren’t fighting a losing battle vs the far more popular league is a wise one financially for the NHL. You’d think sunbelt fans wouldn’t have to explain such simple concepts to O6 fans but here we are

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
One adjustment for Florida compared to Boston will be that our top 3 Cs are all healthy, and all 3 generate goals 5v5. Bergeron and Krecji only has 1 5v5 point in the series. Coyle stepped in an was ok but doesn't really drive play.

Might put Florida's C more on their heels compared to last series.
Definitely a healthier team. I think it will be a very different series.

On the flip side, the Bruins were a bit deeper with guys like Bertuzzi, Debrusk, and Hall all stepping up outside the big 4 of Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, and Bergeron.

Will be an amazing series

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad