ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Panthers just played a really strong period.

But you can tell they the leafs are a very dangerous team. They could score 2-3 goals in the next 5 minutes. They’re much faster than Boston.

I think if the Panthers had to play another series against Boston today, they’d win it quit easily.

Toronto is a different beast. They still scare me.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
You might want to check in with the other at least half dozen posters who agreed with me. FLA-12 shots-:49 seconds of PP; TOR-9 shots-4:00 PP
You might want to realize I’m not talking about events that happened on the PP or even shot totals.

I’m talking about controlled zone entries at 5v5

Megan Chayka of Stathletes had the controlled entries 14-10 for the Leafs.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Florida is a fake cinderella team. They underperformed in the regular season.

I’m not a big fan of advanced stats. But after 20 games I they were playing under .500 but advanced stats suggested that they should be something like 15-5 lol.

But they definitely reached a next level from game 5 against Boston.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Tkachuk has winner DNA that Leafs are lacking imo. RoR is a step in right direction but players like Marner and Nylander drag the team down too much.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
could easily see TO coming from behind if Samsonov continues to play well. They have shown a penchant for erasing leads after starting off rough in games

Reactions: Strangle

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The stats tell me at 5v5, the Panthers have more shot attempts and scoring chances along with a higher xGF but okay...

ah 5v5, sure. We can ignore 6 mins of the game then.
xGF, scoring chances, both go Toronto's way.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Yeah, Toronto struggles with good forechecking in general, but Florida turns giveaways into offense really fast. We saw it 4-5 times that period.

It's what killed Boston. They are just on you right away.

I was only able to catch a bit of the period but even in a few highlights they showed there's a turnover everytime.

I think those who handed the series to TOR underestimated this element of it.

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Tkachuk looked like he was about to kill people with hits that smelled of boarding.

No wonder Florida came out strong, I would be very careful if I got the puck.

Maybe someone can give Tkachuk some of his own medicine?

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Tkachuk has winner DNA that Leafs are lacking imo. RoR is a step in right direction but players like Marner and Nylander drag the team down too much.

What exactly has Tkachuk won that Marner and Matthews haven't?

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
You might want to realize I’m not talking about events that happened on the PP or even shot totals.

I’m talking about controlled zone entries at 5v5

Megan Chayka of Stathletes had the controlled entries 14-10 for the Leafs.
What happened right after those controlled entries? Nothing. That's why stat watching is silly. The Cats weren't letting them blow through the neutral zone, and were squashing the attempts that did get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad