ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Uhhh.....no. The Leafs probably have more controlled entries and pure rush chances this period than any game against TB.

Matthews had literally one tracked controlled entry in G6. He has a partial breakaway on the first shift of this game.
You might want to check in with the other at least half dozen posters who agreed with me. FLA-12 shots-:49 seconds of PP; TOR-9 shots-4:00 PP

Reactions: dhfa

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Panthers just won a game 7 in OT 2 days ago. I was expecting a little let down tonight, but they came out flying.

This team is really impressive.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Toronto has forgotten how to play hockey over the course of 1 period

Oh the Leafs never play a full game. That’s normal

They like to try to win playing only about 5 mins a period on average, or 15 mins a game. Whatever works

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Yeah, Toronto struggles with good forechecking in general, but Florida turns giveaways into offense really fast. We saw it 4-5 times that period.
Yup. TBL lost a ton of their download puck retrieval. It was why TBL top line was trash imo. Stamkos on that line is coaching decision I will never support. He sucks on the wall as a winger and he isn't going to go get you the puck like Palat or Gourde or Hagel or Colton...In game 7 they moved Stamkos to be with Cirelli and Killorn and they are defensively sound puck hounds. Result, he scores because he can float to space and wait for scoring chances.

Stamkos was a boat anchor on that top line with an injured Point and Kucherov.

Reactions: Vinh

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I could see the Panthers making it to the Finals with the way they’re flying and Bob going.

Send Bobs and vagen

Reactions: JackTColton
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad