Post-Game Talk: ECSF: Game 1, Playing with house money, Big Game Bob shuts the door

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Toronto had the 2nd best PP heading into the playoffs. Boston scored 11 PP goals on us - that's over 1.5 PP goals per game. With our shit PK, we absolutely can't afford to take all those penalties again. Our PP is shit as well - we scored just 4 goals while conceding 2.

If we can stay out of the box and keep the game 5-on-5, we have a shot. Otherwise, I just don't see it.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Maybe we finally see Eckblad rise up higher he is do for sure. We need guys like Lusto and Verhege to continue their new roles as differencemakers and Sam Rhienhart you need to own up to expectations. Barky should be better must be better.

GOOOOOOOOOO PANTHERS !

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Toronto had the 2nd best PP heading into the playoffs. Boston scored 11 PP goals on us - that's over 1.5 PP goals per game. With our shit PK, we absolutely can't afford to take all those penalties again. Our PP is shit as well - we scored just 4 goals while conceding 2.

If we can stay out of the box and keep the game 5-on-5, we have a shot. Otherwise, I just don't see it.
But our 5 on 5 is growing more lethal by the day so certain things have evened out. Toronto is faster more aggressive than Boston but our Forechecking should neutralize some of that.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

100%, it's just not possible. And I don't think they can fix the PK till the off-season. Florida was outscored 13-5 by Boston on special teams, outscored them 21-13 at 5 v 5. It wasn't even close. That's why I have no idea why Leafs fans are saying they were dominated, they controlled play at even strength.

Reactions: CanePanther

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
I dont like Tavares, just beat this clown for us please.

Calling it ahead, Bennett will be tripped on a crucial moment, aka the Trocheck v2.

Reactions: PSLguy

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I still have little hope for Barkov since he seemed to play a little better as the series against Boston went on.

As for Ekblad, I don't think he's 100%. He can't have regressed that much. He's probably playing injuried so I doubt he can be better. What a shame, because having him top shape would be huge for the team.

Reactions: pantherbot

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Barky needs to have a big game.
All the talk on Canadian media here by Toronto is how to stop Chucky. Whether on the rush, down low, in front; they're spending a lot of time thinking about how they can stop him.
Great time for Barky to surprise them and take over.

Agree. And I don't even need him to score, but if he can shut down the opposing top line, that's fine too. He needs to bring his A+ shut-down game and on the PK.T his sounds crazy but I'd even consider reducing his PP1 time so he can have more energy for 5v5 and PK.

If our special teams even out, we can beat them 5v5.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Interesting tidbit from the 32 thoughts podcast I didn't know about. They were talking about embellishment getting out of hand, and part of it is on the coaches that reward that kind of behavior.

Some coaches hate it, Maurice being one and the other mentioned was Dineen. Maurice has been known to bench guys if they dive or embellish. I can definitely appreciate that mentality and it does feel like we don't see nearly as much questionable behavior from our guys.

Not sure about the Leafs though. They seem to encourage some embellishment (see Bunting, Knies, even Gio), so something Panthers will have to watch out for given how bad our PK is vs. their pretty lethal PP.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
The question is how well the team has recovered mentally. The biggest difference between NHL and our league in Finland is how quickly the next round starts after the previous round ended. Barkov for example looked both physically and mentally exhausted after the game 7. My own experience as an athlete is that when you give everything you have and succeed, it might take surprisingly long time to recover. First you feel good and then you feel depressed.

Let's hope that the team wasn't too happy when they beat Boston Bruins. At least everyone is more experienced in playoffs than they were last years and Maurice has more experience than what Brunette had. Therefore they probably have more capacity to get ready for the Toronto series.

I don't believe that players are healthy. Some have minor injuries that they don't talk about. Others have niggles here and there. Everybody is still recovering from the previous round. It's a huge advantage that Toronto had those extra days to recover. So I'm a little bit worried. At the same time I think that the team has even higher motivation now to keep winning

How many excuses does this guy get!

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Funny how their fans are critical of our new ticket policy which admittedly is a little silly but they should be thoroughly embarrassed by their fans openly rooting to play Florida instead of Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad