Post-Game Talk: ECSF: Game 1, Playing with house money, Big Game Bob shuts the door

Do you believe?

• Yes

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Let's add some more pucks!

1682990981572.png

1682990953635.png

Last edited:

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Looking forward to the game, as I'm sure all here are too.

Get that first goal and make the Leafs chase. They may have won the regular season against the Panthers but this is a new season!

Guys are healthy, except Lomberg, Bob looks solid, Lyon is waiting if Bob falters, and the team has shown they can adapt to a tight scoring game or a high flying game.

Just as in the Boston series, STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX. Cannot say it loud enough. Toronto has an excellent powerplay and the Panthers PK has not been very good.

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
No rangers no lightning in front of us in sight

They need to make this a cup run

Could you imagine if we had last year’s roster?

Either way, the field in the east is wide open. We can do this. Every team still in it is beatable.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Something I gotta give Maurice props for doing which is something no one even would think of doing, including myself, but has worked out pretty well honestly and that’s putting cousins with Bennett and tkachuk. Also, the Lundell-Reinhart-Luostarinen line has looked really solid, to go along with staal and Dalpe on the 4th (once Lomberg is ready I hope he takes white’s spot rather than dalpe’s), and then keeping the Verhaeghe-Barkov-Duclair line on the top as they’ve obviously had a lot of continuity in the past.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Hey OP A bit more creative on the thread title…ya think.

I guess it's boring, but let me explain.

Back in January when the team was playing awful and playoffs seemed like they were out of reach, I bet $50 on the team to win the Cup, figure it was my way to show some faith in this team. The payout is $2,000. When the team miraculously made the playoffs, I said I'll be donating that money to a local youth hockey org. and an LGBTQ org.

Before round 1, I also bet $50 that the Panthers would win, similar thinking. I've donated $100 of the winnings and bet the remaining $50 on Panthers winning this series. Same deal, I'll donate what we win.

So, playing with house money here. Just like the Panthers for rest of this season. Everything from here on out is just icing, so enjoy the ride.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Throw out the metrics… Panthers a team of destiny. Most teams think they will win Florida knows they will win. stars have aligned themselves perfectly for the Panthers to win every series up to the finals then we will have another look. Enjoy being part of the playoffs Leaf fans I just wouldn’t get too comfortable.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
The question is how well the team has recovered mentally. The biggest difference between NHL and our league in Finland is how quickly the next round starts after the previous round ended. Barkov for example looked both physically and mentally exhausted after the game 7. My own experience as an athlete is that when you give everything you have and succeed, it might take surprisingly long time to recover. First you feel good and then you feel depressed.

Let's hope that the team wasn't too happy when they beat Boston Bruins. At least everyone is more experienced in playoffs than they were last years and Maurice has more experience than what Brunette had. Therefore they probably have more capacity to get ready for the Toronto series.

I don't believe that players are healthy. Some have minor injuries that they don't talk about. Others have niggles here and there. Everybody is still recovering from the previous round. It's a huge advantage that Toronto had those extra days to recover. So I'm a little bit worried. At the same time I think that the team has even higher motivation now to keep winning

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
2000 vs Devils
2012 vs Devils
2016 vs Islanders
2020 play in vs Islanders
2021 vs Lightning
2022 vs Washington
2022 vs Lighting
2023 vs Boston

Sickening. It spans across multiple puberties, presidents, pandemics, cultures, eras, decades
Who cares? If it takes a loss in game 1 for them to get going in the series, so be it. It would bug me more if it was a home game.

In the end, it does not matter if we take the Maple Laughs in 4 or in 5 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad