GDT: ECSF: Game 1 - New York Rangers vs Carolina Hurricanes, 4pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
This will be a tough series requiring all hands on deck. We need Zibs and Kreider putting forth Trocheck levels. Shesty being Shesty. And Miller limiting huge mistakes and we can take this in 6. Maybe 5.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This will be a tough series requiring all hands on deck. We need Zibs and Kreider putting forth Trocheck levels. Shesty being Shesty. And Miller limiting huge mistakes and we can take this in 6. Maybe 5.
If Miller is good, I actually could see us taking this in short order. He's on the ice for almost every goal we give up.

Reactions: NYRangers16

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Same, except I'll likely watch the first and then hit the bed. So hopefully some fireworks early on.

If Rempe could kill TDA with a big hit, that would be nice.
I'd rather Rempe take out one of their good d-men. TDA sucks at defending and I'd like to see him out there as much as possible.

Lavi sticking with the tried and true "If it ain't broke" approach. It's hard to argue with that, but the Chytil situation is intriguing. It's a conundrum. He can't be in game shape after being out this long, and the only way to get into game shape is to play games. But at this level of competition that's a tall ask of any player.

Reactions: LOFIN

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
If Miller is good, I actually could see us taking this in short order. He's on the ice for almost every goal we give up.
Agreed. I joke with my gf. On 80% of the highlight reel saves they show Shesterkin or Quick make, you see Miller coming into the frame afterwards (missing his check).

He has been awful defensively his entire career (and slightly above avg offensively). He may be our most overrated player by far.

That said. He had a SOLID game 1 and played pretty well last series.

Overall, he is a liability in most game situations and I find myself worried everytime the opponent enters our sone and I see him back there.

He and Schneider play wayyyyy better together than he and Troubs.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Agreed. I joke with my gf. On 80% of the highlight reel saves they show Shesterkin or Quick make, you see Miller coming into the frame afterwards (missing his check).

He has been awful defensively his entire career (and slightly above avg offensively). He may be our most overrated player by far.

That said. He had a SOLID game 1 and played pretty well last series.

Overall, he is a liability in most game situations and I find myself worried everytime the opponent enters our sone and I see him back there.

He and Schneider play wayyyyy better together than he and Troubs.

Miller needs to be less of a roller coaster. He can be absolutely dominant with his size/reach, skating, and is actually strong when he gets physical.

But holy smokes when he's bad he is awful. The horrible pinches that leave his partner high and dry or when he stops skating and overly relies on his reach. This is what holds him back from being Good or even elite. Instead I feel like he's a grenade while holding onto the pin while driving on the Turnpike near linden.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Prediction: Rangers will come out with high energy, banging bodies get some early chances but not score on them.

Then around the 5 minute mark they start Rongoing and Canes take the momentum for the rest of the game .

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

This reminds me that Joe went fully to his national gig with NBC beginning with the second round and if I'm not crazy did the MSG post game when he did the Rangers game or when he wasn't working another game. But he's free now, without a national gig.

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I get why people favor the Canes. The one thing we have in our favor is that we make our chances count a lot of times.

So while the Canes will most likely dominate the 5v5, we don’t need much to make the opponent pay. And playing perfect is pretty hard to do for anyone.

Our D and Shesty will need to rise to the occasion here.

hoping for a good series from the boys. There is no shame potentially losing to the Canes, they’re a great team

First of all, f*** Vince for running into Sam. He’s an old man.

Last edited:

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
Starting to get Nervous! We can do this LGR!

1000015621.gif
1000015622.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Quiet in here today.

Feeling a goal for either team in the first minute of this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad