GDT: ECQF Game 4|Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders|07.May.2013|7:00EST/4:00PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The one positive to take is that typically when a team dominates puck possession like the Isles have in the first and come out with so little to show for it the other team gets a ton of momentum...but we have to kill off 1:35 of penalty time before we can even think about that. Kill that penalty and the Penguins damn well better be jumping.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
looks like im the only one, but i thought that was a good period

I wouldn't call it good, but I'm encouraged by how well we managed the puck. We need to get some more shifts in their end but we made them earn everything they got.

We're more dangerous offensively than they are. I don't care how much they dominate the puck if we take care of it and don't give them free ones they'll have a tough time matching our goals.

Not only that, but with them having three straight pps we're probably gonna get one or more soon and our PP is killing them.

I like our chances of taking this one. I really do.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
The Pens' first period boils down to one scoring chance they converted on. I think the effort is a little better this game, but they're getting dominated in their own zone. Hopefully things look a little different if/when they stop taking penalties.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So off to the main board to ***** and whine about the refs?

Oh yeah that is other fan bases.

As for the good Bylsma FINALLY made an adjustment. Moving a forwatd back to support bringing the puck out of the defensive zone. And it has made a difference. Three power plays are why the zone time discrepancy. For once it is not because of no adjustments. Just keep at it and we win tonight.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Really hope Crosby is ok. He got that puck to the neck area and then basically got tackled to the ice shortly after. He did have some more shifts, but they were very short and he didn't look the same.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Terrible period; reffing completely tilted to one side (to be fair, the calls that weren't made were more legitimate penalties than the ones that were...undisciplined hockey in general, even if the ones that have been called have been ticky-tacky at best)...and it's 1-1 right now.

This game should not be 1-1.

I keep waiting for this team to play with a spark...and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

I'm waiting for the guy behind the bench to stop standing there with his arms crossed and the same blank look on his face. This team is becoming just as emotionless as he is.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Are we losing or something?:)

Playing like we want to.

Hmmmmm, because nothing has been changed or improved from game 3 perhaps? We're doing the exact same garbage and being made to pay for it. Our players don't know how to handle the Isles speed and tenacity. OUr D is still playing scared and giving up the blue line way too easily, our breakout/zone clearance is still horrid, and we're still settling for pointless dump-ins.

Fixed.

fate

Apr 15, 2007
everyone take a second and breathe, think of all the times the pens have looked so good in the 1st period and not had a lead and then fell behind in the 2nd.

that is this game - reversed

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
no excuse for the amount of penalties we're taking.

Though there was a blatant interference on Crosby at our blue line earlier in the 1st preventing him from joining the play.. in the middle of the ice, anyone else see that?

Yeah, it was as blatant as it gets

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
Classless islander fans cheering when Crosby gets hit in the jaw with a puck...there's a reason you had to move to Brooklyn...cause you can't even sell out during the season...please learn to have some ****ing class

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Just kill this penalty....and we take the next period IMO. Then it's all about holding the lead in the 3rd

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Penguins are playing exactly the same as the first 3 games, minus the breakout. Not getting the puck quick enough in the D-zone and not sustaining any pressure in the O-zone. I don't know how anyone can come away from that period thinking different. We are getting dominated in our own end.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Pens refuse to be physical. Just can't understand why this team refuses to play playoff hockey.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Am I the only one who finds it funny that the one line we *****ed about endlessly leading up to this was easily our best one that period?

That's a good sign because you know Sid's line will come around again this game.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Really hope Crosby is ok. He got that puck to the neck area and then basically got tackled to the ice shortly after. He did have some more shifts, but they were very short and he didn't look the same.

I think you're just paranoid, which is reasonable considering everything that has happened with Sid. I wouldn't worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad