GDT: ECQF Game 4|Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders|07.May.2013|7:00EST/4:00PST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cspeirs4

Jan 26, 2011
looks like im the only one, but i thought that was a good period

Minus the penalties and all the pressure they got because of them I completely agree. Limited turnovers, smart plays with the puck, physical, a lot to like in my opinion. Islanders are always going to get chances no matter how good we play, just have to keep moving our feet and making smart plays.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Isles are fast but we're standing around too much.

That said, we're very much in it. Keep some faith guys. We're up 2-1 and it doesn't matter too much if we lose this one. If we can pull it out that will be huge, though.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Pens refuse to be physical. Just can't understand why this team refuses to play playoff hockey.

What's worse is that we brought in guys like Morrow, Murray, and even Iginla in order to add a bit more "grit". The only reason Tanner ****ing Glass is in the lineup is because of his supposed "grit". Needless to say for all the "grit" we have we're playing like a bunch of scared little deer.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Am I the only one who finds it funny that the one line we *****ed about endlessly leading up to this was easily our best one that period?

That's a good sign because you know Sid's line will come around again this game.

Not counting the goal, I don't think that they've looked too good. They have some serious problems sustaining zone time of any length.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I'm really tired of Letang and Niskanen trying to pass through forecheckers.

LGP6687

Apr 3, 2013
Penguins need to adjust, not sure why they seem so rigid. They should know full well that the refs are going to hound their ass and adjust their games accordingly, and play smart.

Stray hands, sticks, shoulders, elbows, the Pens have to keep them all well under control. The refs are giving no quarter to the Pens.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Say whaaaa? These penalties are real penalties. The Pens need to shape up.

The Cooke one looked really similar to what happen to Crosby at the blueline. A little consistency would be nice but let's face it, everyone afraid of calling penalties for the Pens now.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Penguins are playing exactly the same as the first 3 games, minus the breakout. Not getting the puck quick enough in the D-zone and not sustaining any pressure in the O-zone. I don't know how anyone can come away from that period thinking different. We are getting dominated in our own end.

It's hard to establish momentum when you have to kill off 3 penalties in a period. Negating neutral zone turnovers is a step in the right direction.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I thought Geno did well breaking through the neutral zone with the puck. They are still dumping it a tad too quick but the Isles are just outskating us again and we have to dump it quick.

Have to find another gear here or we're going to get owned 5on5 again and have to rely on Fleury to win us this one.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Where would this D be without Murray. He generated two very good shots and one goal the last game. Where is everyone else? Way to much hesitation in getting the puck out. Even when you see a short pass to a Pens forward he is standing still. The Iles D just doesn't fear the Pens speed since they can't generate enough speed on the breakouts. Fortunately the Pens have enough sharp shooters to win.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Wow, the refs are letting Hamonic get away with murder. The call on Orpik was weak too. The Pens still need to cut out the sloppy play, but seriously these refs are so 1 sided, and this coming from someone who hates to call out the officiating!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Not counting the goal, I don't think that they've looked too good. They have some serious problems sustaining zone time of any length.

They were just about the only line that generated any o zone time at all, though.

Based on the first period. Unless we adjust we ain't winning this.

It's looking tough but I could see us out special teamsing them again. You know we're getting a few PPs eventually given the call disparity so far. It's a question of can we kill off theirs and convert one or two of ours.

I'd love to see us turn it around 5-5 though. We can't play much worse 5-5 than we are right now.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Cooke one looked really similar to what happen to Crosby at the blueline. A little consistency would be nice but let's face it, everyone afraid of calling penalties for the Pens now.

Let's kill this one and then the PP's will start coming to us.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Islander fans mad there not on a 5 on 3 while we can't even get a powerplay :shakehead

They think the refs owe them everything because of the way Game 3 ended and the way everyone is crying about it. The same people that say the Pens cry about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad