GDT: ECQF Game 4 | Hurricanes @ Islanders, 1PM | Playoff Road Victory???

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Man that Isles gdt was a trip.

One power play goal 4 minutes in cost them the game. Not a single person said "It's a single goal with 55 minutes to play. If the game can be lost that easily, our team is trash." Just one goal, can't win now. Refs beat us.
I have discovered that the schadenfreude of reading through those GDTs just isn't worth the ick it makes me feel. I do appreciate the updates from the front, though :)

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC

One power play goal 4 minutes in cost them the game. Not a single person said "It's a single goal with 55 minutes to play. If the game can be lost that easily, our team is trash." Just one goal, can't win now. Refs beat us.
And the truth of the matter is for how hard often they have been resorting to goonery the Canes are still going to the box 3-4 times a game... But their PP is what Canes fans thought ours was.... a truly horrific crap show. ours is converting at a 26.7% the same as the Rangers.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
And the truth of the matter is for how hard often they have been resorting to goonery the Canes are still going to the box 3-4 times a game... But their PP is what Canes fans thought ours was.... a truly horrific crap show. ours is converting at a 26.7% the same as the Rangers.
Seriously, we loathe our Powerplay as much as they do theirs, and we each I think have a SHGA. For whatever black-magic reason ours is converting way more than usual, but for the most part I think we'd rather decline the PP given how much momentum it usually kills for us...yet THAT'S what they think has been the difference maker. The refs are handing our awful PP more opportunities than their awful PP. Maybe they should focus on why they're like 1 for 15 instead of 1 for 25? And hearing how they're getting shafted by the refs despite breaking TTs hand unpenalized (and we got a 1-hand tap-slash called yesterday), and 3+ plays that should have resulted in 5+game (+ potentially suspension) instead being a mere 6 min of total PP. Couldn't possibly be running players from behind and/or well after the puck is gone DESERVES more penalties called? Yea, there's been a few questionable ones against them, but we've had some questionable ones against us too, and their list of uncalled penalties drastically exceeds ours in length and severity. Hell we're even ignoring the GI goal they scored bc we knew it wouldn't get overturned no matter what. It's not like they've had goals rescinded for BS reasons or we've gotten one that shouldn't have counted...simply our generally anemic PP has out-produced their putrid PP

Reactions: StorminSnvechnAho

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Seriously, we loathe our Powerplay as much as they do theirs, and we each I think have a SHGA. For whatever black-magic reason ours is converting way more than usual, but for the most part I think we'd rather decline the PP given how much momentum it usually kills for us...yet THAT'S what they think has been the difference maker. The refs are handing our awful PP more opportunities than their awful PP. Maybe they should focus on why they're like 1 for 15 instead of 1 for 25? And hearing how they're getting shafted by the refs despite breaking TTs hand unpenalized (and we got a 1-hand tap-slash called yesterday), and 3+ plays that should have resulted in 5+game (+ potentially suspension) instead being a mere 6 min of total PP. Couldn't possibly be running players from behind and/or well after the puck is gone DESERVES more penalties called? Yea, there's been a few questionable ones against them, but we've had some questionable ones against us too, and their list of uncalled penalties drastically exceeds ours in length and severity. Hell we're even ignoring the GI goal they scored bc we knew it wouldn't get overturned no matter what. It's not like they've had goals rescinded for BS reasons or we've gotten one that shouldn't have counted...simply our generally anemic PP has out-produced their putrid PP
They are mad they don't have free reign to play ambulance squad *hockey*

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Their PP is like ours but worse. They lack more natural scorers than us and then have to face the 2nd best PK unit. Their PK is good too but we have better PP folks.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

This seems like a very strange analysis and odd "flex" by RB-Caniac. Looking at natural stat trick for the playoffs:

Of the top 3 forward lines, Kotkaniemi and his line mates have the worst CA/60, CF%, GA/60, GF%, xGA/60, xGF%, SCA/60, SCF%, and HDCA/60.

It's small sample size, so it's not meaningful, but that tweet seemingly ignores even the small amount of data that does exist.

Last edited:

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

To be fair, one Isles fan did post pretty much what you said about their team being outplayed rather than the series being decided by the refs and a single goal at the start of the game not being a legitimate excuse. And it's mostly just a couple Isles fans whining, but their takes are so irrational and they repeat them so much it does make it seem like the entire fan base is off the wall.

Another observation: the Isles goonery seems to be concentrated in one line, but the way the announcers celebrate the "identity line" it makes it easy to apply that charge to the entire team.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Don't forget the extra salty take of we're posers and will lose to the Rangers.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
To be fair, one Isles fan did post pretty much what you said about their team being outplayed rather than the series being decided by the refs and a single goal at the start of the game not being a legitimate excuse. And it's mostly just a couple Isles fans whining, but their takes are so irrational and they repeat them so much it does make it seem like the entire fan base is off the wall.

Another observation: the Isles goonery seems to be concentrated in one line, but the way the announcers celebrate the "identity line" it makes it easy to apply that charge to the entire team.
One of their posters also pointed out we were beating them with a severely depleted roster.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Speaking of KK, maybe I should be critical of him like I was before of Jarvis in the last GDT before he scored 2 goals. Let me begin *ahem*.

KK should be traded for another centerman. I'm thinking maybe PLD even if we have him for just 1 year and he doesn't re-sign with us. KK, while good defensively, just hasn't produced points in the playoffs. Where is the offense?

:sarcasm:

Also, thanks Jarvis for your good game. Please keep it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad