ECQF Game 3: Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Florida Panthers | 6:30PM ET | TBS, CBC, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Sooooo… Panthers have been dominated the last two games, but only Bob outgoalied that Leafs squad allowing us to take a 2-0 lead in the series… That’s how it is, isn’t it ?

And now the narrative is already ready, Wes will screw them this game !

I wonder what excuses will be made/prepared for game #4 ?

So funny… :D
You'd think they would score more than 2 goals playing 6vs1 on the ice all game eh?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Sooooo… Panthers have been dominated the last two games, but only Bob outgoalied that Leafs squad allowing us to take a 2-0 lead in the series… That’s how it is, isn’t it ?

Nope, Panthers are a strong team ,as a whole. I think it's just frustrating as opposing teams fan (You feel you should be able to feast on some of the slower footed Dmen) but nope, strong club.
Hope that changes though, but FLA looks to be peaking at the right time.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada

Numbers and eyes don't lie. Florida was outplayed both games and all the advanced stats back that up.
Any Leafs fans using refs as an excuse should see themselves out though. Florida and one PP in each game. That's not the mole hill.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Will be interesting to see what kind of outrage that clown Omar can stir up tonight with his misleading camera angles and sensational headlines.
Leaf fans, that guy often makes himself and other Leafs fans look foolish. His credibility is close to zero. Make judgements off of what he posts at the risk of your own credibility.

This is still anyone’s series. Panthers have to seize control of this series tonight, Leafs are very capable of turning the series around.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

I mean anyone who actually watched the games could have told you that

Game 1 was like 50/50, neither team wanted it. Leafs made more mistakes than Florida, Florida won.

Game 2 the 5v5 play was not even close. Leafs had a horrible 90 seconds, and dominated for the rest of the game.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Nope, Panthers are a strong team ,as a whole. I think it's just frustrating as opposing teams fan (You feel you should be able to feast on some of the slower footed Dmen) but nope, strong club.
Hope that changes though, but FLA looks to be peaking at the right time.

I also like that story about taking advantage of our dmen...

McCabe was a top-4 D only because he played in Chicago and Buffalo. Okay and physical player, but that's all...

Schenn was struggling to stay in the NHL before his last cup of coffee with the Bolts. Now, I heard he is the second-coming of Scott Stevens...

I'm not saying our defensive-unit is great, but saying the Leafs have the big advantage there. It has me puzzled. Really...

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Lol, remove the huge discrepancy in PP, and look at 5 on 5 stats.

HDCF leafs 22
HDCF Panthers 19

Doesn’t seem like the dominance your referring to is accurate.

And the Panthers haven't even played that great yet. First game was pretty good but the second they were out of gas and still managed to win. You know what they say, good teams find a way to win even when they aren't playing their best etc... and the Leafs obviously didn't.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I mean anyone who actually watched the games could have told you that

Game 1 was like 50/50, neither team wanted it. Leafs made more mistakes than Florida, Florida won.

Game 2 the 5v5 play was not even close. Leafs had a horrible 90 seconds, and dominated for the rest of the game.

So that doesn't equal to "DOMINATING THE FIRST TWO GAMES AND GOT OUTGOALIED", does it ?...

It means we played a great road game in game #1, and then delivered a character-win in game #2...

I've watched all the games since the beginning, and read every cool reactions on the internet.

And it's really really funny.

Can't wait to be done with it though... ;)

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Numbers and eyes don't lie. Florida was outplayed both games and all the advanced stats back that up.
Any Leafs fans using refs as an excuse should see themselves out though. Florida and one PP in each game. That's not the mole hill.

Didn't saw where the Panthers were outplayed in game #1, but if you say so...

Me, I only saw a road-team getting in the head of talented-roster, and pulling the perfect road-win, even though they had to deal with a clear disadvantage in penalties called for... So... Yeah... Don't really now what kind of domination it was, it seemed like a fairly even game IMO.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Didn't saw where the Panthers were outplayed in game #1, but if you say so...

Me, I only saw a road-team getting in the head of talented-roster, and pulling the perfect road-win, even though they had to deal with a clear disadvantage in penalties called for... So... Yeah... Don't really now what kind of domination it was, it seemed like a fairly even game IMO.

Expected goals the first game were 5.8 to 2.78. 4.12 to 2.89 in the second.
But that's hockey. Big save at the right time. As I remember Toronto won a couple vs the Lightning they shouldn't have too so that's just how it goes.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Expected goals the first game were 5.8 to 2.78. 4.12 to 2.89 in the second.
But that's hockey. Big save at the right time. As I remember Toronto won a couple vs the Lightning they shouldn't have too so that's just how it goes.

You sure of your numbers ? I thought this was the difference in penalties called for/against both teams ! ;)

People really need to understand advanced stats better, and never forget to add the eye-test...

Our team wasn't dominated in game #1, and Leafs made more unforced errors BECAUSE of how the Panthers played all night... There was nothing lucky in that first win, nothing. Refs called some penalties (early) for Laughs, we had a terrible second period (like we often do), and came back with a vengeance in the third (got back to our great 5v5 play of the first period)...

People not seeing that on Tuesday were quite delusional IMO !

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
You sure of your numbers ? I thought this was the difference in penalties called for/against both teams ! ;)

People really need to understand advanced stats better, and never forget to add the eye-test...

Our team wasn't dominated in game #1, and Leafs made more unforced errors BECAUSE of how the Panthers played all night... There was nothing lucky in that first win, nothing. Refs called some penalties (early) for Laughs, we had a terrible second period (like we often do), and came back with a vengeance in the third (got back to our great 5v5 play of the first period)...

People not seeing that on Tuesday were quite delusional IMO !

I never said dominated. Just said outplayed.
And it doesn't mean anything if you don't win. Happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad