Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Domi and Knies don’t have much of a playoff track record. Reilly isn’t bad but I wouldn’t refer to him as clutch.
Domi had some big games with both Carolina and Dallas, even DeBoer raved about him and says he's missed. Knies yes is a newer guy but seems to love playing under pressure. Rielly always elevates in playoffs despite playing with bottom pairing partners, he led our team in 5v5 scoring last playoffs as well as in points against Florida and was our only positive +/- player in the Florida series.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I agree with Marc Methot.
Great.

So, Leafs won games 5 and 6 without Matthews, where as Tavares and Marner played well in both games, interesting.
Leafs fans crying how Tavares is the worst captain ever and how Marner always sucks at playoffs..

Well, maybe Leafs shoul keep both Marner, and Tavares, but trade Matthews
(and maybe Nylander as well, sure, he scored both goals, but he was super lucky)
I haven't said anything close to claiming that Tavares is the worst captain ever or how Marner always sucks at playoffs.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
From sound bites from Montgomery and Marchand and others,
Almost sounds like the Bs expected the Leafs to just fold up after game 4

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
The fact that this series is going to 7 for Toronto is insane

- Nylander missed the first 3 games
- Matthews misses the last 2 games
- The powerplay is 1/20
- The penalty kill has been 60% for the series
- Samsonov played 4/6 games and had a .883
- Swayman has not allowed more than 2 goals in a game
Keefe and Boucher were coaches for all 6 games
Don’t forget McCann who was an excellent depth scoring option missing all 6 games

It’s an absolute Christmas miracle how Toronto has pushed this to 7

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
wow the leafs forced game 7. willy nylander came alive. woll was good. another chokejob by bruins two years in a row saturday?

Reactions: Mike C

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
wow the leafs forced game 7. willy nylander came alive. woll was good. another chokejob by bruins two years in a row saturday?
I hope so. Nothing against the Bruins, but I want the Leafs to advance : "I want Florida!"

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Don’t forget McCann who was an excellent depth scoring option missing all 6 games

Not at all based on their play. Bruins had 1 shot in the first 26 minutes of the game tonight. Bruins have looked terrible in the last 2 games.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I've already written them off as a loss at this point. I'd fire Monty and definitely get rid of Gryz to start. There needs to be some major changes this offseason. Riding a good goalie with no real offense behind him isn't a good plan for the coming years

I'm more interested in who will take over for Edwards in the booth next season than game 7 lol
It's no secret I was cheering for the bruins

Switching from Sway in game 2 was an all-time coaching blunder.

His recent record in elimination games is an indictment that he isn't able to handle the pressure.

I'd move on.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Domi had some big games with both Carolina and Dallas, even DeBoer raved about him and says he's missed. Knies yes is a newer guy but seems to love playing under pressure. Rielly always elevates in playoffs despite playing with bottom pairing partners, he led our team in 5v5 scoring last playoffs as well as in points against Florida and was our only positive +/- player in the Florida series.
Domi took some dumb penalties in this series that hurt his team. I don't think he has enough of a track record to say he's a great playoff player. And 26 points in 48 games isn’t great. 7 goals in 48 is flat out bad. I like the guy, but he's not Claude Lemieux. Knies is a rookie. Again, I like him but he's also got no track record.

I couldn't care less about +- stats. They really don't really don't tell you anything.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Comment from a prominent former NHLer btw. I think we're all on the same page here. Hard to watch what is happening to our once great game

Methot is a freakin joke and a known leaf hater. he is catering to his ottawa base from whom he earns money on radio and what not...

its too bad crosby didn't take the stupid out of him with the slash and only top of his pinky was missin

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Domi took some dumb penalties in this series that hurt his team. I don't think he has enough of a track record to say he's a great playoff player. And 26 points in 48 games isn’t great. 7 goals in 48 is flat out bad. I like the guy, but he's not Claude Lemieux. Knies is a rookie. Again, I like him but he's also got no track record.

I couldn't care less about +- stats. They really don't really don't tell you anything.
Only Claude Lemieux is Claude Lemieux.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
He hates the Leafs by the way.
What did this degenerate gambler say when Heinen grabbed Brodie's stick which led to a critical goal by JVR in game 4?
Tonight Lohrei grabbing Holmberg's stick in a board battle.. what do you expect a player to do? ask politely to let go of my stick?

The Bruins are masters of the dark arts.. Not interested in hearing another syllable from Marc Meth... ot.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

At first I thought you meant Jared McCann and wondered why you were still complaining about losing him to Seattle in the ED. But then I realized you meant McMann and it made more sense.

Reactions: centipede2233

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
People should name the Maple Leaf fans instead of blaming me for everything.
*checks username*

1714715762825.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad