GDT: ECQF 4 | FLYERS (A) vs. Canadiens (H) | Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | Flyers lead series 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
YES BROTHER

13iiF5KX8sG4fu.gif

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I counted four entries in that period where Hayes stopped skating at the blue line. I mean, absolutely stopped and glided in, no skate movement, straight legs, no bend in the knees. One was on a 2-on-1, one was on a 3-on-2.

Spritz him with the water bottle until he learns.

That's his game though, he knows he doesn't have the ability to beat people wide with his speed, he might be able to make a power move to the outside, but rarely tries and I'm not sure if he could successfully pull it off consistently. He loves to stutter step and slow things down when he has possession, he has very good head fakes and seems to be good as causing deception with his eyes, he uses his long reach and large body and good hands to shield pucks and hang onto possession while allowing others to find open space. When it works it looks great, but against teams like the Habs that are very good at their off puck coverage he over handles and eventually skates himself out of time and space, then has to force a low percentage pass, stick handling move or force it into the corners without support.

Couts is great, I see no holes in the lineup. The cup should be a lock.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Based on a single period albeit, it's looking like they made the 1 major adjustment that I was hoping for.

We have to go with light chips around their Dmen on the forecheck and force their Dmen to pivot instantly into a battle, as opposed to swinging the puck deep and allowing Price to easily redistribute as their 3rd dman.

This is the key to the series for us imo.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Still can't believe that Raffl goal. That's not how he usually scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad