Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
ERod looks great on line 2 compared to all other options. ERod or Cousins on Line 2. Never Tank.

I wanna see Luost and Lundell broken up. But.. Cant move Lundell to 2nd line because he's better at faceoffs than Luosto.

Luosto and Lundell together just never produce any offense

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Erod did well with the faceoffs, just needs better decision making. A little too quick to put the puck on net when better options available, but really don't mind him and he always puts a shift in.

Tarasenko been disappointing, I really want him to succeed, thought he'd be more like Verhaeghe with freedom to shoot but just doesn't get in the positions or look as confident with the puck on his stick.
Yeah, you can see that the guy is capable of much more. The key PP snipe against BOS, the perfect give-and-go with Barky, he has those plays, just not frequently enough. If it weren't for his pretty decent shotblocking skills - guy really is not afraid of throwing his body into any shot - he'd have trouble staying in the lineup.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I disagree and think the exact opposite actually. While I initially disagreed with E-Rod on that line, I felt he played one of his best games as a panther last game (despite not being on the stat sheet) and earned another chance there.

Meanwhile, Tank just feels so bland, ineffective, selfish and lazy. He doesn’t skate hard and If he’s not scoring he’s worthless and will just drag Tkachuk/Benny down with him.
I am honestly very disappointed of Tarasenko, he had plenty of time to gel before the playoffs, even then I did not see the speed or skill required to be with Barkov and Reinhart.
I rather see Cousin, Lomberg and Stedlun spread around the lines than Tank, I think he is an anchor to our system, not mobil or agile enough.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I think Lombo is probably injured or something.
I’m wondering that, too. Or else maybe Maurice is worried about the refs zeroing their microscope in on him as the game heats up.

I wanna see Luost and Lundell broken up. But.. Cant move Lundell to 2nd line because he's better at faceoffs than Luosto.

Luosto and Lundell together just never produce any offense
Maybe Tank will do something on their right.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Rangers gonna come out of the gate like a storm again, especially at home. So I expect us to sit back a bit to weather it, let them tire out, and then take it to them in 2nd and 3rd.

Reactions: harv33173

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Tonights game will air in Greece on May 31st, at 3am. I will be up at that time to watch the game. TECHNICALLY, since the game is at 3am on May 31st, the Panthers will be playing on my birthday.

Is it too much to ask for birthday win???
It worked for me in Game 1. Manifesting the power of birthdays!

Stanley Cup Boundd

Sep 17, 2018
I am honestly very disappointed of Tarasenko, he had plenty of time to gel before the playoffs, even then I did not see the speed or skill required to be with Barkov and Reinhart.
I rather see Cousin, Lomberg and Stedlun spread around the lines than Tank, I think he is an anchor to our system, not mobil or agile enough.
But do you remember when Reino & Barkov didn’t gel? It sometimes takes a while!

Zibanejad, Panarin, and Kreider have been under fire heavily so I expect the biggest response from them
OR keep hitting them any time they go near a puck & beat them into submission!

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
It’s telling when every game is tilted in the Panthers favor on the money line. Talent is a prohibitive variable when making the call.
But as we’ve seen that’s not been a complete formula for success. But where things have tilted more is they overcame the OT Curse. I have to look at sheer grit , determination and recent experience in the playoff quandary.

Tampa Bay in recent years provides a similar model. There was that point when they just had that grit and I’m looking at a 4-2 win for the Cats to establish themselves.
Good luck Panthers and Panthers fans….its time.

GOOOOOOOOOO PANTHERS !

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Why? Tallas wants him to throw his trapezii at any pucks near his shoulders.
From my viewpoint Igor saves himself by throwing that glove up and still protecting ground shots. Bob is great with the glove with high shots to the net but more from a distance.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
While I sit here and watch multiple Ranger podcasters or shall I say poor losers, irritating and boring.

Please if they are out post the lines for tonight. I’m hearing different things….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad