2024 Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SportsdudeRy

Jun 28, 2024
Not a great first round by the Flames. Hope these players prove me wrong. I wouldve drafted Eiserman, Silayev or Dickinson at 9

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Chernyshov, Artamanov, Ritchie, Miettinen, Basha
Freij, Wallenius, Elick, Pulkinen, Kivi

All still waiting

Flames still with 6 more picks inside the top 108. Hope we can get two NHL players out of that and one top 6 fwd.

Someone explain what I’m missing with this Oilers trade…

They just wanted to feel included

Reactions: Mobiandi

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Two shots on skill and upside, but two smaller players with what I see as questionable work ethics in game. Don’t mind it. Don’t like who was passed on though - that may haunt us.

Luckily the Leafs went buzzard with their pick so that pushes another guy down (potentially) to our early 2nd

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Dumb question, but has a prospect standing straight up been an indicator of something? I noticed that Parekh and Gridin both kinda have that in some draft profiles.

What happens when they develop to standing straight up? Even stronger on skates? More skating power?

I mean both are also positional need albeit I feel like I see Gridin on the left side of the ice a lot more than expected in his highlights for a RW.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I hate that other teams do fun stuff.

We just run up and f*** up picks.
I do find it funny you lectured me all those years back on being pessimistic about the Pelletier pick and the need to show patience. You need to go back to what you posted before since past you had a point 😂

In fact, good god this board needs to be a little more positive. So many ppl expressing disappointment; you’d almost think the whole affair was a foregone conclusion lol. Maybe my mentality has changed because that assclown BP owner’s son isn’t running things anymore, but I’m hopeful with Connie at the helm. Definitely a better start to this draft than the last one too imo.

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I think Conroy loves players who have sneaky fast releases and passing. If he creates a new style where we have the talent to blur the puck all over the ozone on a PP, I think it'll freak out some teams knowing the puck could be thrown on net dangerously from everywhere in the ozone within a fraction of a second.

Reactions: flames23

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
What time does the secound round start today? Thunderstorm woke me up last night something like 5 minutes before the Flames pick, I checked from my phone where the draft was going and then quickly turned on my laptop to see the pick made :D
Hopefully that's a good sign

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad