2024 Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Parekh
Brewsky
Mews

Are all very offensive Right Handed D.

We need to find a couple of Left Handed top 2 Pairing guys to go with them....

But we've covered off the offensive Right Shot D man.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I really think we'll get atleast 2 Top 9 players out the below... and we're not done yet

Matvei Gridin
Andrew Basha
Luke Misa
Jacob Battaglia
Trevor Hoskin

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Galvas and fibigr are a couple of highly ranked Czech D still available. Wouldnt be surprised by fibigr selection given that they mustve had some viewings watching misa

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Jamieson is probably a top 5 most physical player in the WHL. He won't be a puck mover at the next level and isn't a plus skater, but if he hits his ceiling he's a Sarich/Warrener type.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
What is Bader referring to there?
Conroy likes his skilled players and perhaps has a good eye for talent.

Jamieson is probably a top 5 most physical player in the WHL. He won't be a puck mover at the next level and isn't a plus skater, but if he hits his ceiling he's a Sarich/Warrener type.
So if he pans out, he'd be the perfect complement to Parekh or Brzustewicz. Ditto for Grushnikov.

Conroy seems to really be going for a defensive left side and an offensive right side.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Conroy likes his skilled players and perhaps has a good eye for talent.

So if he pans out, he'd be the perfect complement to Parekh or Brzustewicz. Ditto for Grushnikov.

Conroy seems to really be going for a defensive left side and an offensive right side.
Yeah, if he pans out. These guys rarely do, but if you have 5-10 of them you should get a couple of physical bottom 4 guys. For a 6th round it's fine. It's not the Misa or Mews pick, but it's decent.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
What is Bader referring to there?
The rumour (or myth, lore, whatever) is that the Flames had Kucherov & Gaudreau high on their to-draft list but felt they'd last, so waited. Some guys in the org. wanted to take them (both) much sooner than they were. The intimation is that one of those guys was Conny.

Most likely bs until someone actually speaks to it.

Reactions: Fig

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The rumour (or myth, lore, whatever) is that the Flames had Kucherov & Gaudreau high on their to-draft list but felt they'd last, so waited. Some guys in the org. wanted to take them (both) much sooner than they were. The intimation is that one of those guys was Conny.

Ah I see. Bader does actually know some people, but it's like everyone probably had guys higher than they went at points. I had Point as a 2C in his draft year. I had Stankoven as a top sixer too. I've also had guys I was wrong about like Shinkaruk and Steenbergen.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Further to that lore, isn't also said that Burkie told Button he could take one or the other but not both

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Really can’t complain about the results overall here. Not getting a C with actual top 6 upside, let alone 1C, feels like a failure. But I guess you can’t control how the board aligns with your list. I don’t hate any of the Parekh, Gridin, Basha, Battaglia, Mews, or Misa picks - based on my list roughly where they should have gone (or later). I can’t profess to know anything about the players selected after the Misa pick, though.

Of course I get the benefit of hindsight here, but this is what I would have done given what we know about where players ended up now. Ignoring possible signing issues that maybe put us off Buium. You get three F’s who have top 6 upside (one C, one LW, one RW), a D with high end 1 potential, a complete D with probably 3/4 potential, another D that is a wildcard after injuries but was thought to be an elite prospect just a few years ago, and a Russian F who is also a complete wildcard.

9 - Zeev Buium
28 - Igor Chernyshov
41 - Ryder Ritchie
62 - John Mustard
74 - Tarin Smith
84 - Melvin Fernstrom
106 - Aron Kiviharju
150 - Ilya Pautov (or Misa)

Will be interesting to look back on this and the actual haul in a few years, but they did fairly well finding value.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Do we think Conny tried to trade up to get Eiserman or Hage? Kind of disappointing we couldn't snatch any of these 2 guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad