2024 Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I kinda understand what Conroy is doing. Defensemen take longer to develop, so draft those first and then next year or two focus on forwards.

Reactions: Fig

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It’s funny how pretty much this whole board shut my plan to aggressively target a top 6 C by moving up(outside of Ace). Catton is great but I still think he’s an winger. And yet here we are, another draft. No top 6 Cs. A tale as old as time. This team is so risk adverse it makes me sick
So you don't think the second best center in the draft was the guy to move up for? Catton is absolutely a C at the next level. His two way game is very strong. Much better than Lindstrom's. You've usually been a good poster, but you're all over the place on this draft.

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Sorry who is Trevor Hoskin?

Seems like big upside, but he is an overager.

Maybe they just hope he's a great player whose a late bloomer

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sorry who is Trevor Hoskin?

Seems like big upside, but he is an overager.

Maybe they just hope he's a great player whose a late bloomer
I don't follow junior A outside of Alberta. No idea on this guy, but the stats and jump look ok. Just not sure if the Ontario junior A league is any good. I think it's definitely worse than the BC league.

Our area guys have been very good at getting guys with a shot late. Here is where the draft turns over to them. This is probably our only real organizational strength besides the fitness/strength/medical guys.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
It’s funny how pretty much this whole board shut my plan to aggressively target a top 6 C by moving up(outside of Ace). Catton is great but I still think he’s an winger. And yet here we are, another draft. No top 6 Cs. A tale as old as time. This team is so risk adverse it makes me sick
From the sounds of it, Conny tried to move up (at least to get Montreal's pick so probably tried to move up generally)

I think I can appreciate the strategy of picking guys that could have a high ceiling and disregarding where their "floor" might be. Swing for the fences each time, the role players can be acquired via other means.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Much bigger fan of our drafting philosophy this year. Yes we are going high risk, but I can respect that since this team needs high end skill. Connie has dispelled my fears we were returning to the size = good motto of drafting.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Weegar, Andersson, Miromanov, Parekh, Brzustewicz, Pachal, Mews

Yeah, I can see why Mews might not be happy. But at the same time, feels like given that at one of the first three names are going to be moved by next summer. Not a bad strategy from Conroy to load up on RS defencemen; they're always in demand and worth a ton.

But enough defense; time for centres.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Really exciting getting the offensive numbers/talent added to our prospect pool, still need to get a top centre prospect in 25 or 26 but really happy with this team's work.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
XepI7kP.png

99THfmD.png

DFbem9X.png

eKsNbv0.png

Finally

• Haha
Reactions: Bounces R Way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad