Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Yup. If the Panthers end up winning the SC in this season then that'll only be attributed to the refs allowing them pull off all kinds of dirty tricks and shenanigans without repercussions and generally having an incredibly lucky playoff run with e.g. opposing teams' key players sustaining injuries at the worst possible time of the year.

For this reason I want the Panthers to load up on scumbags because only when this becomes an annual phenomenon other ppl will give credit to the Panthers.

Praying this team wins the cup just so that I can change my avatar to OEL hugging the ref, forever.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I think it was @Two4Fighting that mentioned it in the other thread but I totally agree that putting Tkachuk in front of Shesterkin would do wonders for the team's scoring.

I wonder if Chucky is conscious of that sort of play due to last year's injury. Sitting in front of the net involves taking a lot of abuse and maybe he's not quite healed up enough to want to risk it? It seems like the obvious move and if we're seeing it I imagine the coaching staff is so their reasoning has to be good.

Either way, we need to get bodies in front of Igor. If he sees the puck he's going to stop it. The boys are trying to nail the perfect shot but that's hard to do every time you get a chance. Blocking his view and throwing pucks on net creating chaos in front is the recipe to success for the rest of the series.
We literally lived next to the goalie last year's playoff, It bothers me, how have we not tried that? Is Katchuck hurt? We played so closed to the goalie, it was a big deal, I remember.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Rodriguez doesn't seem to be working out on Tkachuk's line. Was hoping Maurice would swap him for Tarasenko.
He was pretty good on faceoffs since Bennett seems not to want to take too many eith his hand issue and he gives them another FO option as a righty. Lundell was not much better there. Offensively ERod contributes more.
I thought they all had some good moments over the last games, so changes are not absolutely needed. PoMo will throw them in the Blender anyway if things are not going well

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
We literally lived next to the goalie last year's playoff, It bothers me, how have we not tried that? Is Katchuck hurt? We played so closed to the goalie, it was a big deal, I remember.
Hasnt been the same since that carolina game where he got sandwiched in a weird spot that prob agitated his sternum injury.

Since january and before that hit was vintage chucky

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Despite chucky not being 100%
Hes still leading us in points, we got barkov in absolute beast mode, verhaeghe still scoring goals, and forsling being a beast defensively.

Bob may not be as good as last years run but hes still solid back there.

Really just need our depth to give us a few here and there

He also took the big check from Marchand last round.
Yeah but that carolina hit got him off the ice and since then he's been hesitant to go in front of the net.

Marchand got him good but i feel like he absorbed it better, carolina he got squished shoulder to shoulder which prob hurt his sternum a lot

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
"NHL doesn't want Rangers in the final."

Brother, the league office is currently creaming its collective pants at the thought of the New York Rangers being in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Ranger fans thinking they are some media underdog is the most diluted thing I've heard. Completely disconnected from reality.

As par the course, however.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
He was pretty good on faceoffs since Bennett seems not to want to take too many eith his hand issue and he gives them another FO option as a righty. Lundell was not much better there. Offensively ERod contributes more.
I thought they all had some good moments over the last games, so changes are not absolutely needed. PoMo will throw them in the Blender anyway if things are not going well
Erod did well with the faceoffs, just needs better decision making. A little too quick to put the puck on net when better options available, but really don't mind him and he always puts a shift in.

Tarasenko been disappointing, I really want him to succeed, thought he'd be more like Verhaeghe with freedom to shoot but just doesn't get in the positions or look as confident with the puck on his stick.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Rodriguez doesn't seem to be working out on Tkachuk's line. Was hoping Maurice would swap him for Tarasenko.
I disagree and think the exact opposite actually. While I initially disagreed with E-Rod on that line, I felt he played one of his best games as a panther last game (despite not being on the stat sheet) and earned another chance there.

Meanwhile, Tank just feels so bland, ineffective, selfish and lazy. He doesn’t skate hard and If he’s not scoring he’s worthless and will just drag Tkachuk/Benny down with him.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I disagree and think the exact opposite actually. While I initially disagreed with E-Rod on that line, I felt he played one of his best games as a panther last game (despite not being on the stat sheet) and earned another chance there.

Meanwhile, Tank just feels so bland, ineffective, selfish and lazy. He doesn’t skate hard and If he’s not scoring he’s worthless and will just drag Tkachuk/Benny down with him.
Glad everyone else is picking up on Tank. I get we got him for nothing - great, but he just is washed.

It feels like he has one small burst of speed per shift before he runs out of gas.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Despite chucky not being 100%
Hes still leading us in points, we got barkov in absolute beast mode, verhaeghe still scoring goals, and forsling being a beast defensively.

Bob may not be as good as last years run but hes still solid back there.

Really just need our depth to give us a few here and there

Yeah but that carolina hit got him off the ice and since then he's been hesitant to go in front of the net.

Marchand got him good but i feel like he absorbed it better, carolina he got squished shoulder to shoulder which prob hurt his sternum a lot
Anything from the bottom 6 this round would make us more dominate.

Reactions: harv33173 and Vilam

ratmanfu

Jun 23, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
Yeah, I didn't think about Erod taking faceoffs with Bennett's injury.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Glad everyone else is picking up on Tank. I get we got him for nothing - great, but he just is washed.

It feels like he has one small burst of speed per shift before he runs out of gas.
I don’t know if it’s running out of gas/deteriorating abilities or just laziness (probably a combo of the 2) but it looks like he’s just coasting out there and also not willing to do the little things necessary.

In a related note, I think it’s crazy to sit Lombo with how well he’s played and don’t think Lorentz or Okposo have done enough to warrant playing over him. But with the way both Lombo and Tank have played, I’d even put Lombo back in over Tank.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I don’t know if it’s running out of gas/deteriorating abilities or just laziness (probably a combo of the 2) but it looks like he’s just coasting out there and also not willing to do the little things necessary.

In a related note, I think it’s crazy to sit Lombo with how well he’s played and don’t think Lorentz or Okposo have done enough to warrant playing over him. But with the way both Lombo and Tank have played, I’d even put Lombo back in over Tank.

I think Lombo is probably injured or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium