Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Forfeit the win Rangers fans!

I'm "told" that the Cats had way more " attempted" shots and Corsi Fsx78+tax and therefore are the obvious clear winners.
I bet the Ranger lockeroom was a morgue after the Wenn goal.

How on earth did the NHL allow the Rangers to move on after the Canes dominance in shots generated and on goal, zone time and TOP?

Shame Gary. Shame.

Ps. Ranger fan who has the Panthers in 7.

But rooting like hell I'm wrong.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Goodrow delivered what they paid him for and made us love him in Tampa. He shows up when it counts and brings the body every night. Sucks we couldn't afford to keep him and many of the secondary players during our cup runs. Go Goodrow! I still want the Stars and Panthers final to keep the cup from original 6 markets and out of Canada.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Agreed. If you watch the replay, trainer asks rodrigues if hes okay while face down holding his head while on the ice, e-rod nods yes and then trainer just stops doing any medical related stuff and just keeps a hand on his back.

Embellishment should be reviewable. E-rod laid on the ice for 3 minutes only to not miss a shift
I wonder if it could be possible that sometimes a trainer may tell a player that took a hit to the head (initial point of contact or otherwise), “no, no, don’t get up, yet.” while they are initially checking on them.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I wonder if it could be possible that sometimes a trainer may tell a player that took a hit to the head (initial point of contact or otherwise), “no, no, don’t get up, yet.” while they are initially checking on them.
Uh, they don’t. ERod knew what he was doing and you are foolish if you think otherwise. Its embarassing for the game.

Reactions: UnSandvich

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Forfeit the win Rangers fans!

I'm "told" that the Cats had way more " attempted" shots and Corsi Fsx78+tax and therefore are the obvious clear winners.
I bet the Ranger lockeroom was a morgue after the Wenn goal.

How on earth did the NHL allow the Rangers to move on after the Canes dominance in shots generated and on goal, zone time and TOP?

Shame Gary. Shame.

Ps. Ranger fan who has the Panthers in 7.

But rooting like hell I'm wrong.
Goals are a really bad metric for determining a winner we should actually have a team of Yale grads to look at the analytics after the game and then come out with a decision like boxing judges.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Uh, they don’t. ERod knew what he was doing and you are foolish if you think otherwise. Its embarassing for the game.
Ever been hit in the head / knocked down playing sports? I’ve been hit in the helmet/head by a wild pitch in high school, and that’s what the umpire said to me when I went to get right back up. The umpire and my coach (a fireman/emt by day) asked me some questions, and being satisfied with my replies told me to go ahead and stand up now.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Florida DOMINATED the 3rd. 1st and 2nd were very even. But eventually the nerds in nhl front offices will realize goals/quality >> quantity that their models favor.

This has been the Rangers all year. They get outshot all the time, but they look better in the advanced stats because they have a higher danger chances. And when they do give up a good look they have Igor.

Florida throws every puck at the net. They were better in Game 3, but the Rangers had the better xGF in both Games 1 and 2.

Reactions: clmetsfan

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Particularly if it's a neck injury as opposed to head.

I feel like there's some rangers fans here who have never played a contact sport. I've had to crawl off the field in rugby before after a bad hit. I understand Erod wasn't hurt but a hit can knock the wind out of you or stun you. Even a clean one can do that.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Actually, what happened is that the Rangers moved six wins away from you having to spend a summer posting about how good the Devils were 25 years ago.
That’s very funny and all, but when do I post how good the Devils were 25 years ago? You must be talking about other people.

And that post you’re replying to was me taking a gigantic dump on Bob (who played like an old washed up bum) while praising Igor.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Ever been hit in the head / knocked down playing sports? I’ve been hit in the helmet/head by a wild pitch in high school, and that’s what the umpire said to me when I went to get right back up. The umpire and my coach (a fireman/emt by day) asked me some questions, and being satisfied with my replies told me to go ahead and stand up now.
I played ncaa and have many good buddies who play/played pro. I can promise you the trainer was not telling him to stay down and milk it.

Regardless, ERod acted like he got shot before the trainer got to him. Full out embarassing for the sport.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
That’s very funny and all, but when do I post how good the Devils were 25 years ago? You must be talking about other people.

And that post you’re replying to was me taking a gigantic dump on Bob (who played like an old washed up bum) while praising Igor.

Just seen a chance to post something funny. I don't come on the mains much, so don't even recognize your username, much less know what your post history would look like.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know some of my Rangers folks were not happy with that game yesterday. Felt like Game 5 against Carolina , but the results were favorable to the Rangers.

I see it as a lot of opportunity and potential for the rest of this series. Rangers have not played well, but are still getting it done and are getting production from their bottom 6 which is critical for a deep playoff run.

Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad, and Fox all were held off the scoresheet yesterday in a 5-4 win. If these guys can get going I like the Rangers odds.

But I still am expecting a long series 6 or even 7 games.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Have you watched the NHL recently? Igor got pulled from a game earlier this year because he got hot in the head and he was still playing. Concussion protocol is real and if you act like you died on the ice you should of been forced to go through it. This is what modern day sports has become due to the health consequences that we have witnessed. High school is not in any way the same thing as professional sports and to compare it as so is ridiculous.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Unironically a good idea
No, it's really not

Particularly if it's a neck injury as opposed to head.

I feel like there's some rangers fans here who have never played a contact sport. I've had to crawl off the field in rugby before after a bad hit. I understand Erod wasn't hurt but a hit can knock the wind out of you or stun you. Even a clean one can do that.
Yeah, I mean you can say this for every individual incident, but given that the Panthers are doing it with regularity, they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I played ncaa and have many good buddies who play/played pro. I can promise you the trainer was not telling him to stay down and milk it.

Regardless, ERod acted like he got shot before the trainer got to him. Full out embarassing for the sport.
Lmao of course they’re not telling them to stay down so they can milk it, holy shit dude. :facepalm:
They tell them to stay down until they (the trainer) can evaluate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad