GDT: ECF Game 2 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens 5/19/14 8:00pm EST Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
The first one was a deflection/own goal. Not even Roy would've saved that.

Roy and a number of others would have saved that just by virtue of existing in space. Just being objective. He was deep in the crease (no reason to be) and it whizzed past his arm. Price, even Budaj and, yes, Patrick Roy, would have that angle closed off. The shot CAME from that angle actually. Weird.

Really hoping the team plays as well as it did in the first. Rangers prolly gonna go into a shell of some sort. Need a snipe Vanek/Chucky.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Are you drunk??

Fucale has been home for 3 weeks and looked weak against VD in the semi final. We need Budaj in nets right now.

I stand by my gut feeling.

Another dumb penalty. the habs are beating themselves out there, look undisciplined and defeated.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
That period shows the difference between havingan eli te goaltender & an ordinary one. Neither goal against was really bad, but Price would've had one if not both.

We'll have to get used to this. It's probably how the rest of the series is going to go :-(

The scary part is I just want to win ONE game in the series and have the losses be at least close and hard fought. Don't go down with a whimper just cause Carey is out. I guess we do have a defense against the claims we were a fluke or sucked but then again people will claim we would've lost to the Bolts with Bishop lol.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Game ain't over guys. It's 2-1 and we own them in the first. We need to keep pushing the pace. All that big NYR speed wasn't really present today. We know we can hang with them. So we need to keep doing it.

You're right. Habs have been the better team by far. But it's demoralizing for the skaters to see your hard work wasted by a cheap New York goal.

Can we keep up the pace? Can Tokarski get angry and focused? This is where the leaders in the room step up. Gionta, Gorges, Prust, Subban, even Weise. We'll see what kind of character this team really has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad