GDT: ECF Game 2 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens 5/19/14 8:00pm EST Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
mmmm, common dude. I love the kid, he's a real brave one, but Budaj would have had one if not both. Bad positioning on both goals. It's like there's timbit in net.

People really forget that Budaj can steal games for us and has.

We really don't know. Budaj could have had a shutout right now or could be 4-0 Rangers. Who really knows? Tokarski hasn't looked that great. Made a couple good saves and that's about it. If we had a vet backup in there, we're probably tied or up 1. Rangers had like 6 shots.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Game ain't over guys. It's 2-1 and we own them in the first. We need to keep pushing the pace. All that big NYR speed wasn't really present today. We know we can hang with them. So we need to keep doing it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We really don't know. Budaj could have had a shutout right now or could be 4-0 Rangers. Who really knows? Tokarski hasn't looked that great. Made a couple good saves and that's about it. If we had a vet backup in there, we're probably tied or up 1. Rangers had like 6 shots.
Were you calling for Budaj before the game?

'Cause I gotta be honest here, I don't see how it was anything but lose/lose for MT on this decision.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
I just for the love of.... cannot stand or smell Gionta anymore.. just can't.

He can't score, has no skills, no vision, creates turnovers, can't pass, always shoots on the chest/logo or stick, always icing the puck, can't clear his zone for ****. He's the worst "Captain" to ever wear the Habs jersey and I hope as hell we don't re-sign him for the love off..

I cannot stand him anymore aaaahhhhh

He's been finished for 2 years but keeps getting PP time and rispeck from Therrien. Meanwhile Briere buried on the 4th line most of the year. Both are washed up but the former can't score worth a **** anymore and the latter is a clutch playoff performer. I'll never buy this "Therrien is a great coach to have gotten the Habs to the 3rd round" thing. Please, he held off forever on putting in Beaulieu when it was obvious he deserved it long before and is obsessed with Prust and Gio's "character" when we need offense against a finesse team that can also play hard defensive hockey. Subby and Price got us here mainly. This could be the high point of the 2nd Therrien era sadly.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
He deserves some of the blame for the second one. It hit in the middle of the net, lateral move was slow on a cross ice pass.

It's a saveable puck, absolutely. It's also an incredibly difficult puck to save, elite goalies let those shots in. He's been decent, us being down is not on his back.

People get spoiled watching Price for 70 games a year.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Pleks doesn't even look to make plays anymore regardless of who he is paired with. We just need to accept that he's not a number centre man anymore.

It's hard though because he's put in a checking role for so long....then is supposed to switch seemlessly to a top 2 line centerman? Not really fair to him IMO. There is no 1st line C on this team. Pleks is the best one, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad