GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Kakko will not be a NYR next season, that’s for damn sure.

So ok with this. His skating hasn't improved a fleas dick since the draft. Laf fixed his lack of footage speed. Kaapo won't put in the work I guess

Dont know what he is doing back in Finland in July and August, but mediocre skating, refusing to shoot or drive to the net with the puck is earning him a ticket on a rocket ship to another team this summer.

Never thought he'd round out to be a below average 3rd liner on a team with no RW depth.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Records and streaks mean f*** all.

We're 8-3 and we're in significant trouble if we lose tonight.

To win a series down 2-0 requires winning 4 out of 5. I've seen that done a million on a half times.

A series format completely changes the game. Two of those loses were against a team that's not the Panthers.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
It’s incredible to me that there is so much angst over our announcers when our beat has needed a full rebuild in the worst way.

Reactions: Feel Shame

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
So ok with this. His skating hasn't improved a fleas dick since the draft. Laf fixed his lack of footage speed. Kaapo won't put in the work I guess

Dont know what he is doing back in Finland in July and August, but mediocre skating, refusing to shoot or drive to the net with the puck is earning him a ticket on a rocket ship to another team this summer.

Never thought he'd round out to be a below average 3rd liner on a team with no RW depth.
He's only 23. I'm confident that he'll turn into a solid 2nd/3rd liner in his mid to late 20s. Players who play his type of game often take significantly longer than smaller, skilled types to find their way. Just don't think we should be the ones keeping him around holding on for whenever that day possibly comes.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Records and streaks mean f*** all.

We're 8-3 and we're in significant trouble if we lose tonight.

To win a series down 2-0 requires winning 4 out of 5. I've seen that done a million on a half times.

A series format completely changes the game. Two of those loses were against a team that's not the Panthers.
What kind of mathematical sorcery is this?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
KK being scratched in the playoffs once again is not a good look for him. Different coaches, different lineup options, same outcome for KK. Rempe getting a game doesn’t bother me after the results in game 1. We got bullied a bit, Tkachuk is a pitbull and we could use the life and seeming transfer of energy Rempe provides. Not expecting much from him, but that’s a scenario where he’s proven us wrong before so it’s worth the gamble, IMO. Definitely need to be better - don’t let Florida get in our heads and don’t let them steal home ice by putting us down 2-0. I have a good feeling though… I think we’ll see the response we all are hoping for. LGR.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I have a question for sports gamblers.
If you were to have bet earlier today that Kaapo Kakko would have an anytime goal in tonight’s game and then he becomes scratched, is that a push or do you lose your wager?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kakko being benched does not look good, but like others said i’m sure there is good communication with him and the coaches unlike the last coach. I think he’s back next game, win or lose tonight.

I think Vesey should have been sat before him but I guess PK matters.

Hopefully Cuylle is back on the 3rd line and really plays lights out with his body. 10 hits.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Bummer that I get to watch a game finally and f***ing Kakko is scratched.

Is Rempe in? Maybe game 1 was to one chance to see if it works. Now it may be to late, too much pressure.

nvm: Remper is in! Let's f***ing gooo!

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022

Lafs skating was never bad. This cope needs to die off

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Graves97

Jan 16, 2014
If Rempe does play are the Refs going to allow him the late hits that they allow Florida?

Or give him the free pass on Ovi esque charging like Bennett gets?

I need to know.
Not just Bennett, most of the team throws hits very late/charges on most of their checks.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
It’s wild how Kakko always seems to end up on the absolute bottom of the pecking order, even below other defense-only players who aren’t as good defensively.

i think if he killed penalties he would still be in over Wennberg or Vesey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad