GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6257.jpeg

IMG_6247.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers
8pm ET - ESPN

IMG_6272.gif

IMG_6267.gif
IMG_6265.jpeg

IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_6237.png
Panthers Projected Line up

Vladimir Tarasenko -- Aleksander Barkov -- Sam Reinhart
Carter Verhaeghe -- Anton Lundell -- Matthew Tkachuk
Eetu Luostarinen -- Sam Bennett -- Evan Rodrigues
Ryan Lomberg -- Kevin Stenlund -- Nick Cousins

Gustav Forsling -- Aaron Ekblad
Niko Mikkola -- Brandon Montour
Oliver Ekman-Larsson -- Dmitry Kulikov

Sergei Bobrovsky
Anthony Stolarz

Scratched:
Steven Lorentz, Kyle Okposo, Tobias Bjornfot, Uvis Balinskis, Josh Mahura, Jonah Gadjovich, Spencer Knight, Rasmus Asplund, Mike Benning, Magnus Hellberg, Matt Kiersted, William Lockwood, Mackie Samoskevich, Justin Sourdif

IMG_5088.png

Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Filip Chytil -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Will Cuylle -- Barclay Goodrow -- Jimmy Vesey

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Erik Gustafsson -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Jonathan Quick

Scratched:
Zac Jones, Chad Ruhwedel, Jonny Brodzinski, Adam Edstrom, Matt Rempe, Blake Wheeler
Injured: None

IMG_6277.jpeg
IMG_6282.jpeg

IMG_6269.gif

IMG_5677.gif

IMG_6268.gif

IMG_5324.gif

IMG_4627.gif

IMG_4158.png

Last edited:

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I’m over the loss. We’ve only lost three games in the postseason I believe in the head coach and the general manager.
And the goaltender

We will be much better tomorrow night.
we've also lost 3 of the last 4 and our only win was a total miracle.

I would like to see them play a GOOD SOLID Game for once.

The wins will follow.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
we've also lost 3 of the last 4 and our only win was a total miracle.

I would like to see them play a GOOD SOLID Game for once.

The wins will follow.

We should have won game 4 against the Canes. We only mention the game we "should have lost" but not the one we should have won. We were easily the better team the majority of that game 4. Seriously should have swept the first two series. Hell we only played one really bad game. We were pretty even albeit offensively inept game 1 against the Panthers.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Nerves up the wazoo. Only exacerbated by the fact that I have so many chips riding on this game. Half on each team +120.

BlaqICE

Apr 10, 2007
N.Y.
Someone mentioned in one of the postgame threads that we actually play better when we take more penalties. I was skeptical, but after doing some research, here are our records when we have 12 or more PIM in a game (league average is around 9 btw):

NYR: 18-3 (1 of the losses was a shootout loss)
FLA: 26-17 (1 of the losses was a shootout loss)

Those numbers include regular season + playoffs. That's the best winning % in the league by quite a bit. I'm not saying we should goon it up like the Charlestown Chiefs or something. But if the refs seem compelled to even up the power play opportunities--and indeed, in those 21 games we played in which we had 12 or more PIM, the opposition also was given 12 or more PIM in 71% of the games--then it wouldn't hurt to get a little nastier. If your special teams are only so-so then it's kind of playing with fire. But when you have a PP and a PK that are both in the top 3 of the league it might be worth a shot.

And even if you don't score at least you get some good looks and build some momentum. Even though we didn't score on the PP last night we started to play better after it ended and the crowd was at least getting into it a bit.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Must win imo, and I think they will. This team always finds a way. Hopefully the game tape showed something they can exploit.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Playing chytil with Wennberg is cutting off your nose despite your face thinking by lavi imo…..
They add chytil, drop Cuylle to 4th line, and with decreased role and minutes, Cuylle still looks the most dangerous out of Kakko/chytil/wennberg.

Wennberg kills the offense on that line no matter who he plays with. How he missed that wide open gapping net is beyond me…. The score would have been tied, the garden would have erupted, and just maybe NYR plays better with the momentum shift….
Kakko looks to pass 98% of the time…. He not a threat to shoot. At least he and chytil have produced in the past.
I absolutely try Cuylle-chytil-Kakko.
Cuylle is also 1 on the only rangers who finishes his check every time.
Dropping Wennberg to 4th lets them become a shutdown line who no one expects to generate any type of offense…
Lavi has absolutely earn my trust so far, but I’m shocked he hasn’t at least had that line practicing together to see how they look.

2. Fox being injured is very bad news for us. His lack of mobility and elusiveness is going to pretty much kill the PP. panthers have game planned well and they know he’s hurt and rush him every time he gets the puck. Normally, a healthy Fox has the ability to make 1 guy miss/fake him out of his shoes and make the other team pay. Right now, he just looking to get the puck off his stick, doesn’t want to get in a foot race on a breakaway going the other way.
If the PP Wants to have any success they are going to have to start holding pucks lower in the zone. If fla then rushes that half boards, it should give Fox a little more time and space to operate from the blue line.
Another problem is every fla dumps the puck in, they look to pound him when he’s on the ice. No matter what line is on, someone is always hitting Fox.

I’m hoping the long lay off just messed with their timing a bit….
But they need to execute better in passing, shots, traffic in front, and hitting the freaking net. Borat gives up juicy rebounds, our guys need to capitalize on that.

3 the passion/intensity level needs to be raised by any means necessary, across the board. I hope they were a bit embarrassed the way wed night went. Didn’t give the garden faithful a whole lot to rise up out of their seats for.
That’s what the panthers want to do, bore you to death, get a 1-2 goal lead and defend defend defend until the clock runs out. That’s their system and they execute it well.

Rangers need to throw more pucks on bob and get men to the rebounds for 2nd/3rd shot opportunities.
I know our shot totals aren’t usually high, and they like to be selective/high danger chances etc…….
But against a team like this, with a goalie like this, throw more at the net… maybe it hits a stick, a skate, a leg, etc and goes in…… bob is not a brick wall, regardless of what some of the talking heads say. He goes from bad to worse just like any other goalie.
Fla just plays a stifling team D that doesn’t give up a ton and it allows him to simmer down after things go south.

zukeisgone

Jan 17, 2019
Panther’s hope for another game like Wednesday. Minimal snarl from us and clog the middle. Need to engage and push and fight. Need Rempe emotion…need desperation……need face massages and scrums…need to clear the crease with authority……need to defend msg against these invaders from the swamps of Florida

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Need Rempe in and I'd hope Wheeler too. The later is as fast as a sloth so his linemates will need to transport/dump the puck for him and let the cycle begin.

In a perfect world Gus who is on fumes and Vesey also come out for Jones and Edstrom, but it's a good ole boys league in some ways still.

DumpnChase12

Apr 26, 2012
Lake Worth, FL
Watching the Oilers - Stars game last night and seeing how fast both teams are. No slow passes, no thinking about 'hmmm what should I do with the puck', nah its set plays, one timers and FTW for them :confused:

Reactions: Kravtsov420
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad