Post-Game Talk: 1 Down, 3 To Go

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Bobrovsky stole Game 1. High danger scoring chances were significantly in the Oilers favor That's why the series isn't 2-2 right now.

You can argue about how much score effects impacted Game 3 numbers, but the Oilers out-chanced Florida that game too and a win would have been deserved. I would argue that the Oilers beat themselves gifting the Panthers numerous goals through horrible turnovers.

It doesn't matter though because they are down 1-3 in the series. One game at a time is all they can focus on.
Agreed. This is what makes it even more heartbreaking. We are the better team yet face a such an uphill battle.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
It’s kinda wild to think how hopeless it felt before last nights game, only to now feel like 3 wins in a row is definitely something this team is capable of.

Either way, I’m happy we didn’t get swept and put up one hell of a potential last game at home. Win or lose I’m proud of this group for making it this far despite the clear flaws.

That said, if there was ever a team to bet on being down 3-1 in the finals, it’s the one with Mcdavid and Drai on it.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
It’s kinda wild to think how hopeless it felt before last nights game, only to now feel like 3 wins in a row is definitely something this team is capable of.

Either way, I’m happy we didn’t get swept and put up one hell of a potential last game at home. Win or lose I’m proud of this group for making it this far despite the clear flaws.

That said, if there was ever a team to bet on being down 3-1 in the finals, it’s the one with Mcdavid and Drai on it.
We have some of the longest winstreaks strung together this season. 4 in a row is nothing.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
We have some of the longest winstreaks strung together this season. 4 in a row is nothing.
Agreed. Florida is easily the best team we’ve played this season, but after last nights performance, they seem a lot more human. Hopefully the guys can all rally around it. Getting Bob pulled is huge considering he was imo the biggest reason we were down 3-0

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm telling you boys, they made a huge mistake letting the Oilers get 1.

I have a feeling it will be seventh heaven for the OIL!!!
If the Oil can win game 5...Florida is in trouble IMO.
Coming back home with all that momentum and the opportunity to tie the series...Florida will be like....

1718558015274.png

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Game 1 loss: Edmonton can’t hang with Florida!
Game 2 loss: Edmonton can’t hang with Florida! SWEEP! CATS IN 4
Game 3 loss: Edmonton can’t hang with Florida! Sweep! SWEEEEEP
Game 4 Oilers blowout win: ……. Florida lost on purpose so they can win at home.

cope-cope-harder.gif
Bob looked like he was going to cry on the bench. If that was the plan nobody told him.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
I
It's funny how Edmonton has become this hated rival that consumes and obsesses them... when literally (despite the insane amount of time I've wasted on social media and podcasts during this playoff run), I've never seen anyone in Edmonton even mention them after game seven ended.
Imagine spending your life a fan of that loser franchise. 54 years and zero to show for it. Sad. You’d become pitiful and bitter and vindictive too. And spend more time obsessing about a team that has actually something rather than live with the reality that there is no joy in being a fan of your own.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Win aside, it’s absolutely massive that we broke Bob. He’s stolen them at least one game already, and we had him fighting back tears. If we come out strong next game, he’s going to be shaken
Lol, I don't think so, Tim.:laugh: Bobo has a very expressive face at times. But yes, very important to not only beat him, but to pump him good.

Reactions: McDoused

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Just a heads up, nothing you do or say affects the outcome of Oiler games.

Enjoy!

Like the players, a lot of us are creatures of superstition. I’ve lost count of the various combinations of Oiler clothing that I’ve worn to watch the games, some of it clearly the good luck charm after a three game winning streak, some put back in the closet in shame after a painful loss. Last night was the first game where I said ‘this may not be working’ and didn’t wear any Oiler related clothing. So that is clearly the new good luck charm going forward. :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
Game 1 loss: Edmonton can’t hang with Florida!
Game 2 loss: Edmonton can’t hang with Florida! SWEEP! CATS IN 4
Game 3 loss: Edmonton can’t hang with Florida! Sweep! SWEEEEEP
Game 4 Oilers blowout win: ……. Florida lost on purpose so they can win at home.

cope-cope-harder.gif
Oilers were the better team in games 1 and 3 and so that story line was odd. Still think we ought to have had game 3. Would feel a lot better with series being tied. Margin for error is slim now.

Game 5 will be hardest game yet.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Cup hunting
This series should be tied or 3 to 1 oil. If skinner doesn’t have that oopsie in game 3… frustrating. Oilers outplayed them by a lot in game 1 but couldn’t finish. That’s the difference in the series. Florida are lucky to be up 3 to 1
Yeah. Unfortunately last night doesn't erase that, it amplifies it. If only he made one more save or didn't make that colossal blunder giving Florida a goal. The series was ready to change right at that moment with the Oilers tied 1-1 and dominating the game. Skinner altered outcome of game 3. Game 4 doesn't change that.

Logic and common sense isn't a strongsuit in lower mainland. Hey lets spend 1.5M to buy a house located on an epic Cascadia subduction zone thats overdue to unleash at anytime.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Really liked the addition of Henrique. Could be he's getting healthier as well as playoffs progress. What a play by him. Really like Janmark and Browns game tonight too. that line was huge for us.

Love Holloway. What a coming out party for the kid.
And Skinner was tremendous as well. His save on Verhaeghe was crucial. Still can't stand his moustache, the way he tosses his hair back, his pathetic post game demeaner, his whiny demands to be played no matter what, the way he tried to impersonate Grant Fuhr by wearing white pads in the Heritage Classic game, etc, etc. But I can live with it I guess.;):D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad