GDT: ECF: Game 2 - New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers, 8pm ET, ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
To be fair, Hughes was not the mega prospect people make him out to be and Kakko was seen as a bull with great skills who dominated the world championships or whatever. Lafreniere was considered a better prospect than Hughes. Kakko there was some debate too.
Hughes isn't quite at Chytil level, but he's already had durability issues especially with his shoulders. He might have a Barry Beck like career in the next few years.

Kakko had the pass to Schneider but he hasn't done enough these playoffs. He's not fast enough to break Florida's coverage.

It's not some shocker he's out of here this summer. Other players in the organization are better skaters and passing him by. Roslovic has his silly moments and Chytil is diet Chytil right now, but both have one attribute over Kakko, they are fast.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Feel Shame

May 8, 2024
Let’s go Rangers!!! Need to bounce back here. I’m expecting to see us do so. We played poorly Game 1 and were only down one until Laf’s tip in. Let’s get pumped!!

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Lavi doubling down on Chytil to give him more opportunity with the Wonder Twins and giving the team more beef with Rempe is the right message imo. I made the case for scratching Fil but maybe he gets more open ice with those two. It's where I wanted him playing before the playoffs started.

Reactions: AirGut

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I truly think, if Kakko is actually getting scratched, that he's simply a victim of a trickle down effect. Chytil appears to be taking a spin up on the Mika line at RW. That bumps Roslovic down to 3RW which in turns leaves no where for Kakko to go.

Would you prefer Kakko on the 4th line? Is he a 4th line player? And maybe that's where he'll be tonight. We don't know.

You know if it was Kreider getting bumped down to 3LW then I think Cuylle would sit instead of moving him to 3RW and scratching Kakko.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
hope to god we play with an edge tonight, better be pissed off and play with real pace, we gotta shoot more too. I don't care if it's fluff shots get Bob moving and crash the net hard because he flops around in his crease a whole hell of a lot when there's chaos and we need to work hard to get these goals. This is the ultimate test for this Rangers club

Reactions: McRanger92

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
At least Lavy seems to be dealing with scratches in the proper way, unlike our previous coach who had zero communication. If it's Kakko who is sitting, Lavy making sure it's not all on him either:

Agreed

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Kakko deserves to be scratched, but so do Vesey/Wennberg. PK ability my ass. They stink. I'd rather see do nothing Brod, Edstrom, and literally Jake Leshshshshshs in over them.

Anyways, just win.
LGR!

Reactions: tiggles

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
If Wennberg scored on half his grade A's, Kakko's stat line would look good. But he doesn't. Whatever Lavy wants to do i'll trust in. I don't think benching Kakko for Rempe/Wheeler helps us win, but gotta trust the coach.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

GoAwayPanarin

May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hughes isn't quite at Chytil level, but he's already had durability issues especially with his shoulders. He might have a Barry Beck like career in the next few years.

Kakko had the pass to Schneider but he hasn't done enough these playoffs. He's not fast enough to break Florida's coverage.

It's not some shocker he's out of here this summer. Other players in the organization are better skaters and passing him by. Roslovic has his silly moments and Chytil is diet Chytil right now, but both have one attribute over Kakko, they are fast.

3 in the last 3 years.

He's also ended each of the last 3 years hurt (He finished the playoffs last year but was almost at the point that he couldn't go - had the lowest amount of TOI in an elimination game which tracks.)

Going to be the story with him. Some guys just don't have the body to hold up in contact spots.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Kreider - Zibanejad - Chytil
Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere
Cuylle - Wennberg - Roslovic
Vesey/Rempe? - Goodrow - Kakko?

I’m at a loss with this bottom 6. Very curious to see what Lavi does tonight

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Yes not great. No offense but at least kakko and wennberg possess the puck and dont make too many mistakes. Wheeler does none of the above and is slow as hell to boot. What exactly do you think Wheeler can provide? Especially coming off injury.
The ability to score in the NHL.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
To go a bit deeper on the number of penalties called narrative, here's what it looks like for the Rangers so far these playoffs...

Wins...
Game 1 vs Wash - 11 penalties called. 4 Wash PP opportunities. 2 Rangers PP opportunities.
Game 2 vs Wash - 11 penalties called. 5 Wash PP opportunities. 6 Rangers PP opportunities.
Game 3 vs. Wash - 12 Penalties called. 6 Wash PP opportunities. 4 Rangers PP opportunities.
Game 4 vs. Wash - 6 Penalties called. 2 Wash PP opportunities. 4 Rangers PP opportunities.
Game 1 vs Car - 10 penalties called. 5 Car PP opportunities. 2 Rangers PP opportunities.
Game 2 vs. Car - 14 penalties called. 5 Car PP opportunities. 7 Rangers PP opportunities.
Game 3 vs. Car - 15 penalties called. 5 Car PP opportunities. 4 Rangers PP opportunities
Game 6 vs Car - 3 penalties called. 2 Car PP opportunities. 1 Ranger PP opportunity

Losses...
Game 4 vs Car - 5 penalties called. Car 2 PP opportunities. 1 Ranger PP opportunity
Game 5 vs Car - 6 penalties called. 3 Car PP opportunities. 3 Rangers PP opportunities
Game 1 vs Fla - 5 penalties called. 3 Fla PP opportunities. 2 Rangers PP opportunities

Immediate takeaways...
- Refs are *absolutely* swallowing their whistles in elimination games
- The Rangers 6-0 in the playoffs when more than 6 penalties are called

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad