Proposal: Eberle to Pitt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Maatta
Sprong

For

Eberle
Nurse

EDM gets an upgrade on D and a great RW prospect to grow with their core.
Pitt gets immediate scoring to play with Sid or Geno and a replacement for Maatta.

Dumoulin-Letang
Nurse-Daley

Klefbom/Maatta-Larsson
Maatta/Klefbom-Sekera

tbaypensfan

Jul 6, 2016
this isnt the worst idea except for the cap hit associated with Eberle Pens cant afford that

BeastMode97

Jan 4, 2015
Until Kunitz is gone, we need RW because Rust does not belong in the top 6.

Sheary-Crosby-Eberle
Kunitz-Malkin-Hornqvist
HBK
Kuhnhackl-Fehr-Rust

Eberle is the Oilers only top 6 RW right now. He is good for 60ish points. No chance Edmonton moves him now. Yak and Puljujarvi aren't top 6 RW atm.

Also the Oilers won't trade Nurse. HE is exactly the type of player Chia loves, and even turned down hamilton for him

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No thank you. No one on Edmonton right now interests me unless its a stupid cheap deal.

Pouliot for Kunitz, Yakupov for a late 3rd/4th, etc.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Maatta
Sprong

For

Eberle
Nurse

Pitt gets immediate scoring to play with Sid or Geno and a replacement for Maatta.

Dumoulin-Letang
Nurse-Daley

Klefbom/Maatta-Larsson
Maatta/Klefbom-Sekera

Stop making all your Pens related proposals, please.

Avenger*

If a right wing is moving in Edmonton, it's Yakupov.

The Oilers have no reason to move Eberle unless it's in a deal for a right shot PPQB. There is currently no one in the organization to replace him on the right side currently.

No thank you. No one on Edmonton right now interests me unless its a stupid cheap deal.

Pouliot for Kunitz, Yakupov for a late 3rd/4th, etc.

I guess one can dream.

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
I'm a little surprised the pens fans are so against this. Nurse is an upgrade to Sprong and Eberle is an upgrade to Maatta (depending how much you value defense but still 1RW > 2LHD).

I know the cap would have to be resolved but that isn't hard to do, it is less than $2M.

Personally if I am Edmonton I would demand more. Maybe swap Kunitz for Yakupov and have the pens add a 1st in 2017 to resolve the cap issue and even out the deal more.

Though honestly if I am the Pens I won't want to make a huge change for the sake of change and Edmonton cannot take on a defenseman without exposing him or Klefbom to expansion.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I'm a little surprised the pens fans are so against this. Nurse is an upgrade to Sprong and Eberle is an upgrade to Maatta (depending how much you value defense but still 1RW > 2LHD).

I know the cap would have to be resolved but that isn't hard to do, it is less than $2M.

Personally if I am Edmonton I would demand more. Maybe swap Kunitz for Yakupov and have the pens add a 1st in 2017 to resolve the cap issue and even out the deal more.

Though honestly if I am the Pens I won't want to make a huge change for the sake of change and Edmonton cannot take on a defenseman without exposing him or Klefbom to expansion.
Honestly I just don't like Eberle and I yhink he is one of the most talented floaters in the NHL

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Maatta
Sprong

For

Eberle
Nurse

Dumoulin-Letang
Nurse-Daley

Klefbom/Maatta-Larsson
Maatta/Klefbom-Sekera

I'm not to familiar with Sprong. I'd like to acquire Maatta but I don't know if we could afford to send a replacement back in the deal.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
No way would the Oilers do this. Besides, the Pens could stand to keep Sprong (skilled and cost-controlled) and Maatta (who shouldn't be written off).

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Yeah, the days when the Pens can add another 6M+ AAV forward are over and done. Its 87, 71, 81 and the supporting cast from here on out, unless one of them wants to leave.

The Oilers, meanwhile, probably want any deal involving Eberle for a Dman to happen after expansion, so they dont have a conundrum on which blueliners to protect.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

8 skaters 1 goalie. Plus without Hall (and in this case eberle) they hardly have any forwards worth protecting. Mcdavid and Puljujarvi are exempt. And not sure about draisaitl. But even if he is that would be RNH, Drai, Lucic, Yakupov? And then Klefbom, maatta, Larsson sekera

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
If a right wing is moving in Edmonton, it's Yakupov.

The Oilers have no reason to move Eberle unless it's in a deal for a right shot PPQB. There is currently no one in the organization to replace him on the right side currently.

I guess one can dream.

Once we re sign Schultz and further develop him for half a season, we'd be happy to package him back to you for Eberle...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Once we re sign Schultz and further develop him for half a season, we'd be happy to package him back to you for Eberle...

Har har...

Pass on the deal. If Olli was a right-handed shot I'd think about it, but the last thing we need is another lefty who can't QB a PP.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pass.

People have been telling us to develop our own D. Nurse isn't going anywhere. As he develops and grows, he'll eventually be on our 2nd pairing D with lots of PK time. When Nurse fills into his frame and becomes a 6'4 220-245 alpha dog who can skate like the wind, look out NHL.

Nurse won't be a #1 and that's fine. He doesn't even need to be a first pairing guy for us, Klefbom and Larsson should lock that up. I'm perfectly happy with Nurse playing on our 3rd pair in the near future and eventually being a 2nd pairing guy as he becomes a man and fills out his still fairly skinny frame.

Nurse is also expansion draft protected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad