Proposal: Eberle to Pitt

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StevenDean

Jun 27, 2016
8 skaters 1 goalie. Plus without Hall (and in this case eberle) they hardly have any forwards worth protecting. Mcdavid and Puljujarvi are exempt. And not sure about draisaitl. But even if he is that would be RNH, Drai, Lucic, Yakupov? And then Klefbom, maatta, Larsson sekera

Stupid to lose Pouliot for nothing when you are already losing the trade. Basically made the deal: Pouliot, Eberle, Nurse for Maatta, Sprong. Huge loss.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Nope not even close

Yeah I figured that wouldn't cut it. Not really good trading partners as Nurse won't be moved. Personally I would do a deal around Nurse for Maataa but Chiarelli already turned down Hamilton for him and I don't see Eberle being moved, especially with Yakupov wanting out.

Avenger*

Why protect three less forwards when you can not lose a trade and protect the usual 7/3/1 and give up a lesser asset come expansion time?

Because the Oilers have been crying for defense for nearly a decade. If they have the opportunity to solidify it, they will. It's a single player and quite frankly it's nothing to write home about if Edmonton were to lose a Pouliot, Letestu or Davidson. Hell, if Las Vegas took Fayne most would consider that to be beneficial.

Obviously, I'm talking adding a defender of higher caliber than what Pittsburg is willing to part with though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Maatta
Sprong

For

Eberle
Nurse

EDM gets an upgrade on D and a great RW prospect to grow with their core.
Pitt gets immediate scoring to play with Sid or Geno and a replacement for Maatta.

Dumoulin-Letang
Nurse-Daley

Klefbom/Maatta-Larsson
Maatta/Klefbom-Sekera

No. How about Maata for Eberle. We arent trading Darnell Nurse.

Avenger*

No. How about Maata for Eberle. We arent trading Darnell Nurse.

And gift a guy that doesn't want to be in Edmonton unearned top line minutes?

There is no d-man that Pittsburg is willing to give up that makes sense for Edmonton to aquire for Eberle. The Oilers have no depth on the right side.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Pens don't need Eberle.

Only way Maatta would go anywhere is for a bonafide LW for Sid.

As a Flames fan I can say, the Pens might not need him, but they should certainly want him. If they have the pieces on D to trade to Edmonton for him that doesn't ruin your future, you pull the trigger.

I don't know the Pens D depth enough to know if a deal could happen, but Eberle would be great in that line up.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Didn't it come out that GM's were offering late 1st's for Eberle? The guy's value has tanked, he's overpaid and a floater as well. At best he returns a guy like Ekholm, not close to Maatta

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Yeah, the days when the Pens can add another 6M+ AAV forward are over and done. Its 87, 71, 81 and the supporting cast from here on out, unless one of them wants to leave.

The Oilers, meanwhile, probably want any deal involving Eberle for a Dman to happen after expansion, so they dont have a conundrum on which blueliners to protect.

It'd be possible if MAF and Kunitz were pieces being moved out. But alas, there's no indication that either one will be leaving this summer.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
As a Flames fan I can say, the Pens might not need him, but they should certainly want him. If they have the pieces on D to trade to Edmonton for him that doesn't ruin your future, you pull the trigger.

I don't know the Pens D depth enough to know if a deal could happen, but Eberle would be great in that line up.

Exactly my thought. Pouliot and in this trade, nurse, would step in Maatta's role. Eberle would light it up with Sid

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I don't think Edmonton is that interested in moving Nurse. I could be wrong but they seem to value him quite a bit. And after trading Hall, Eberle has become more valuable to Edmonton. Less urgency to trade for a dman.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Didn't it come out that GM's were offering late 1st's for Eberle? The guy's value has tanked, he's overpaid and a floater as well. At best he returns a guy like Ekholm, not close to Maatta

If those trades were offered and didn't go through, tell me again... what's his value?

BudBundy

May 16, 2005

Weren't folks saying the same things about Phil Kessel a short time ago?

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
The difference is the Pens don't need Eberle. They need a LW. I would've gladly paid Maatta, 1st 2017, + for Hall instead.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
For me Nurse (and it looks like Chia agrees) is no included in any trade unless we are trying to catch a big fish... neither Sprong or Maatta fits that bill.

Just the fact Maatta is showing up in trade offers by Pens fans recently tells me he has plateaued and WYSIWIG... a few years ago, if you even brought up Maatta's name to a Pens fan, they would have laughed at you and told you he is not available.

I can see tams that are trying to get to the next level dangle their talented players to fill gaps but since the Pens won the Cup, what's the next level?

I would trade Eberle in a package, if the value was decent and it was a RH PMD but, like I said, Nurse has a potential (yes, it's still only potential) to be a rare talent... good skater, can be nasty, sticks up for his teammates and can move the puck... he still needs development though.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

Exactly my thought. Pouliot and in this trade, nurse, would step in Maatta's role. Eberle would light it up with Sid

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
:facepalm:

Maatta is signed for the next six seasons at a 4.083M caphit. the Pens can't afford to trade a player like Maatta.

it would be amazing if the OP stopped to make these ridiculous proposals.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Dude.

1) You say Rust isn't a top 6 forward but then etch Sheary into the top line

2) You put Malkin - Hornqvist as a line when everyone and their mother knows that those two are oil and water together

3) Maatta>>>Nurse & Maatta's ceiling>>Nurse's ceiling

4) Eberle=Sprong's reasonable expectations for production

5) Eberle's worth in cap hit<<<<<<<Sprong's worth in cap hit

6) Maatta's contract is awesome and isn't something you just throw away

knock it off

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Dude.

1) You say Rust isn't a top 6 forward but then etch Sheary into the top line

2) You put Malkin - Hornqvist as a line when everyone and their mother knows that those two are oil and water together

3) Maatta>>>Nurse & Maatta's ceiling>>Nurse's ceiling

4) Eberle=Sprong's reasonable expectations for production

5) Eberle's worth in cap hit<<<<<<<Sprong's worth in cap hit

6) Maatta's contract is awesome and isn't something you just throw away

knock it off

#4 was hilarious. Eberle is worth the expectations of a player with 2 NHL points under his belt in 18 games.

Never change HF.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad