Speculation: Early Predictions: Who Surprises in Training Camp/Preseason?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Isn't it possible that Hamonic was nursing an injury last year and comes back in relatively good shape (close to 2022)? If so, he'd be a great mentor for Kleven. Sanderson had great things to say about how much he learned from him. Also wouldn't need to play him every game, can switch between him and JBD but let him show Kleven the ropes for a period of time. At worse, he can mentor him off-ice and during practices.
very unlikely that Hamonic is still playable

dude looked cooked

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The poster literally gave a good explanation as to why he potentially struggled. You completely ignored it and said he was cooked haha. Hf boards hates acknowledging injuries
Hamonic is cooked brah

injuries is an excuse. He sucked before them. Vancouver couldn't wait to send this guy away

Reactions: SENStastic

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Hamonic is cooked brah

injuries is an excuse. He sucked before them. Vancouver couldn't wait to send this guy away

What!! Hanmer played a full season with Sandy and developed him well. Hamonic was better than what we had here when we traded for him

Hamonic is a solid pro and a good guy, he’s going to Help Kleven this year big time.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Hamonic didn’t help Sanderson with shit, he may have hurt him more than helped him. Sandy always had to bail his dumbass out of bad situations. Sanderson is/was too good to need anyone’s help, let alone Hamonic’s.

Sanderson could have gotten more help from an inanimate f***ing object with skates on than Hamonic.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Hamonic didn’t help Sanderson with shit, he may have hurt him more than helped him. Sandy always had to bail his dumbass out of bad situations. Sanderson is/was too good to need anyone’s help, let alone Hamonic’s.

Sanderson could have gotten more help from an inanimate f***ing object with skates on than Hamonic.
There is a life outside the 60 minutes played on the ice - you do understand that, right? Mentorship, comradery, etc. Who are you to say anything about their relationship?

Maybe there's a good reason Hammy wasn't bought out

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Hamonic hasn't been good his entire Senators tenure, he wasn't good in Vancouver either. his last good season might have been 6 years ago and he is now 34 years old.

i think its well past blaming injuries, the player just sucks.

middle pairing dfd who relies on physical attributes declines rapidly with age, a common tale.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There is a life outside the 60 minutes played on the ice - you do understand that, right? Mentorship, comradery, etc. Who are you to say anything about their relationship?

He also does things on the ice that some fans dont understand or want to recognize the importance of. He breaks up the cycle and is good at tieing up sticks in front of the net. Last year he wasnt very good thats common knowledge but it appears he had an injury. Will he ever be the same? I dont know but his mobility looked like it took a hit. His previous two seasons he was a solid d man he also has a great shot he gets on net alot. He is a good shot blocker, if they get the Hamonic from two years ago he is a fine 3rd pair option. I am hoping that if he isnt that player he does the right thing and goes on the LTIR.

Hamonic hasn't been good his entire Senators tenure, he wasn't good in Vancouver either. his last good season might have been 6 years ago and he is now 34 years old.

i think its well past blaming injuries, the player just sucks.

middle pairing dfd who relies on physical attributes declines rapidly with age, a common tale.
False. but you love Brannstrom who got destroyed in his own zone and was easy as hell to play against so I dunno. As a bottom pairing D man which is what he is Hamonic was fine before last year when he clearly lost a step.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
He also does things on the ice that some fans dont understand or want to recognize the importance of. He breaks up the cycle and is good at tieing up sticks in front of the net. Last year he wasnt very good thats common knowledge but it appears he had an injury. Will he ever be the same? I dont know but his mobility looked like it took a hit. His previous two seasons he was a solid d man he also has a great shot he gets on net alot. He is a good shot blocker, if they get the Hamonic from two years ago he is a fine 3rd pair option. I am hoping that if he isnt that player he does the right thing and goes on the LTIR.

False. but you love Brannstrom who got destroyed in his own zone and was easy as hell to play against so I dunno. As a bottom pairing D man which is what he is Hamonic was fine before last year when he clearly lost a step.

you think the loss of step came out of nowhere? he was struggling before that season too.

before he clearly lost a step it was clear he was trending down and barely an nhler, it was clear he was hurting the team.

hamonic was even easier to play than brannstrom lol

Reactions: SENStastic

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm not going to go to bat too hard for the guy, but I think people are a little overboard about how bad Hamonic has been. He's played too high up the lineup most of the time and if the surgery does explain the dip last year compared to the year prior, he could still be useful for ~50 games at ~12 minutes.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
you think the loss of step came out of nowhere? he was struggling before that season too.

before he clearly lost a step it was clear he was trending down and barely an nhler, it was clear he was hurting the team.

hamonic was even easier to play than brannstrom lol
I mean sure if its a video game. But in the reality of actual physical hockey not remotely close.

Teams love it when Hamonic is on the ice. Our goalies are in fear, he might cross check a random player into them and bust their knees like he did with Hyman and Forsberg
Nothing forwards loved more than seeing 5'8 d man who isn't fast when you line up. Everyone always says that they're 'tired' of comments about actually playing the sport. But if you actually did play hockey you'd understand the difference. The idea that Hamonic was easier to play against than Brannstrom shows 0 hockey acumen. He leans on forwards down low he clears the crease. How many tap in goals or tip goals did other teams have last year against this soft as butter d core who was either too small or didn't compete. Hamonic atleast always competed.

Reactions: LiseL

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not going to go to bat too hard for the guy, but I think people are a little overboard about how bad Hamonic has been. He's played too high up the lineup most of the time and if the surgery does explain the dip last year compared to the year prior, he could still be useful for ~50 games at ~12 minutes.
He wasn't good last year I don't know if it was the injury or if he lost a step. But he was a solid bottom pair guy the two previous seasons. We will see at training camp.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He wasn't good last year I don't know if it was the injury or if he lost a step. But he was a solid bottom pair guy the two previous seasons. We will see at training camp.
Ya I have some cautious optimism there's some juice to be squeezed there with Hamonic IF slotted correctly and they aren't ravaged by injuries. If JBD and Kleven weren't such question marks in themselves, it'd be a non factor, but I think the 3 as a group does make me a bit nervous and hard to fault others for the same. The all out bashing as if he's a turd nugget though I don't agree with.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I mean sure if its a video game. But in the reality of actual physical hockey not remotely close.

Nothing forwards loved more than seeing 5'8 d man who isn't fast when you line up. Everyone always says that they're 'tired' of comments about actually playing the sport. But if you actually did play hockey you'd understand the difference. The idea that Hamonic was easier to play against than Brannstrom shows 0 hockey acumen. He leans on forwards down low he clears the crease. How many tap in goals or tip goals did other teams have last year against this soft as butter d core who was either too small or didn't compete. Hamonic atleast always competed.

that's the thing though, if hamonic was actually physically intimidating maybe him being bad at everything else would be forgivable.

but he wasn't even a physical threat.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
that's the thing though, if hamonic was actually physically intimidating maybe him being bad at everything else would be forgivable.

He was surprisingly easy to knock off the puck last year, but for most of his career he has brought a good physical edge to his game.

Last year the mind was willing but the body wasn't. Hopefully that's down to injury but he might just be done. There are a lot of hard miles on those treads.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Might have to buy a ticket in the 100 level this year if you actually believe this.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Maybe Nik Kool-Aid Man will impress in camp
oh-yeah-oh-yeah-gif.gif

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It would be a surprise to a lot of posters here to see Josh Norris tear it up in the preseason. No pun intended I swear.

Norris has a lot to prove. He needs to show he is healthy and productive enough to be still considered a top-6 C on this team. Having a 1-2-3 punch of Stutzle, Norris, and Pinto is the type of depth this franchise has never experienced before. I am rooting for him, his deployment and real trade potential are predicated on him having a full season that sees him close to the player prior to his injury (with age still on his side to improve the other aspects of his game).

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
It would be a surprise to a lot of posters here to see Josh Norris tear it up in the preseason. No pun intended I swear.

Norris has a lot to prove. He needs to show he is healthy and productive enough to be still considered a top-6 C on this team. Having a 1-2-3 punch of Stutzle, Norris, and Pinto is the type of depth this franchise has never experienced before. I am rooting for him, his deployment and real trade potential are predicated on him having a full season that sees him close to the player prior to his injury (with age still on his side to improve the other aspects of his game).
It would be a surprise to a lot of posters here to see Josh Norris tear it up in the preseason.
1725650468913.png

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
He was surprisingly easy to knock off the puck last year, but for most of his career he has brought a good physical edge to his game.

Last year the mind was willing but the body wasn't. Hopefully that's down to injury but he might just be done. There are a lot of hard miles on those treads.

yea in his prime he was good. a prime hamonic would be a great fit for us.

unfortunate the part of his career where everything dropped off was with us.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I'll be encouraged if he's not in a yellow sweater in TC

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023

Sanderson himself said that that he learned a lot from Hamonic, make of that what you will. There was no need for him to volunteer that information so he must believe it to have said it.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Jan Jenik could make some noise in training camp. He has some feistiness and skill to him.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

sure off the ice....but on the ice Hamonic is cooked and thats where we need it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad