Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
btw for your current gm did you edit anyone?

are you kidding? I edited a lot of players, prospects to be accurate with current play.
Like Getzlaf I edited to 90 ovr cuz he's having a career year. Same with Jonas Hiller.
if you want some help on deciding who to edit, go onto youtube, look up 2BCProductions2BC, and look for his roster update videos. I basically did most of what he did, with my own tweeks here and there.
Like Teuvo Terivainen, a Hawks prospect playing in Finland, is only 2.5 red stars, when he should be around a 72 4 gold star. stuff like that that EA royally screwed up
Emile Poirier, flames prospect, 2.5 red, should be 4 gold and around a 70.

Monny Monahan

Dec 29, 2013
Calgary
ps3gmchfb.chatango.com
are you kidding? I edited a lot of players, prospects to be accurate with current play.
Like Getzlaf I edited to 90 ovr cuz he's having a career year. Same with Jonas Hiller.
if you want some help on deciding who to edit, go onto youtube, look up 2BCProductions2BC, and look for his roster update videos. I basically did most of what he did, with my own tweeks here and there.
Like Teuvo Terivainen, a Hawks prospect playing in Finland, is only 2.5 red stars, when he should be around a 72 4 gold star. stuff like that that EA royally screwed up
Emile Poirier, flames prospect, 2.5 red, should be 4 gold and around a 70.

oh ok thx

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Pens As Cool as Ice

After 2 months of play and a HUGE roster turnover, the Pens are basement dwellers in the NHL once again, but this time I doubt they'll recover.

Record:
5-20-3 13pts
8th in Metropolitan Division
16th in Eastern Conference
30th in NHL
1.86 GFPG - 29th in NHL
3.82 GAPG - 30th in NHL
9.8% PP - 29th in NHL
69.1% PK - 30th in NHL

trades made:
:sens get
D Pouliot, prospect, D Scuderi
:pens get
D Corvo, prospect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:devils get
LW Bennett 2 prospects
D Salvador, RW Brunner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:flames get
D Harrington, D Depres
RW Cammalleri
:coyotes get
RW Cammalleri, prospect
RW Moss, LW Korpikoski
:ducks get
RW Dupuis
LW Winnik, D Lovejoy
:nucks get
LW Jokinen
LW Booth
:bruins get
RW Boyes
RW Caron
:coyotes get
LW Korpikoski
C Gomez

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Let's wait like 5 years and we will be in the playoffs

Yeah, we prob will. If things go according to plan, and we get Ekblad this year, and McJesus next :P rebuild basically over right there. I've done rebuilds with the Flames, and its SOO hard to make them lose on purpose in year 1, its like the sim is too good to them for whatever reason.
I once traded Cammy, Stemps, Stajan, Smid, GlenX and started a 60 something ovr goalie, just missed the playoffs by like 5 points....I was dumbfounded. i had no idea how they were doing so well...when teams like Ana, SJ, Phx, LA all end up never making the playoffs year 1. no idea why, but they never do.

Monny Monahan

Dec 29, 2013
Calgary
ps3gmchfb.chatango.com
Yeah, we prob will. If things go according to plan, and we get Ekblad this year, and McJesus next :P rebuild basically over right there. I've done rebuilds with the Flames, and its SOO hard to make them lose on purpose in year 1, its like the sim is too good to them for whatever reason.
I once traded Cammy, Stemps, Stajan, Smid, GlenX and started a 60 something ovr goalie, just missed the playoffs by like 5 points....I was dumbfounded. i had no idea how they were doing so well...when teams like Ana, SJ, Phx, LA all end up never making the playoffs year 1. no idea why, but they never do.

that happens all the time and it's crazy how it is almost imposible to tank as the flames
and i would be fine if we got eichel too lol

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
that happens all the time and it's crazy how it is almost imposible to tank as the flames
and i would be fine if we got eichel too lol

yeah I Know! it`s really frustrating! i might try something later on where I use only 60 overall players to see how we do then, but damn if thats what it takes to really tank with the Flames...no point is there?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Year End Report

Well, this massacre of a season is over. The Penguins GM did a good job of making this team an unsuccessful team, if I've ever seen one. Let's for ****'s and giggles look at their record.

Record:
14-61-7 35pts
8th in Metropolitan Division
16th in Eastern Conference
30th in NHL
1.87 GFPG - 30th in NHL
3.90 GAPG - 30th in NHL
13.8% PP - 27th in NHL
76.5% PK - 30th in NHL

What a disappointing time to be a Pens fan. I hope the GM has a plan for next year, or else, he'll probably be canned.

Woody19

Oct 31, 2005
Duesseldorf, Germany
This is my Flames lineup in 2016:

Klimchuk - Johansen - Skinner
Baertschi - Backlund - Gallagher
Knight - Monahan - Hertl
Reinhart - Colborne - Clutterbuck

Franson - Staal
Larsen - Ekman-Larsen
Carle - Guard (4,5 gold rookie)

Bernier
Deske

This is my second attempt playing Calgary, as in my first try Monahan dropped to 4,5 red stars and never exceeded 79 OVR (although scoring 68 points and winning the Calder).
So I thought I'd give it a second try and started a new dynasty, and guess what: Monahan scores 59 points, wins the Calder yet again, and drops to red :cry:

Is this somewhat pre-defined? Or has anybody managed to develop Monahan into a star player?

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
This is my Flames lineup in 2016:

Klimchuk - Johansen - Skinner
Baertschi - Backlund - Gallagher
Knight - Monahan - Hertl
Reinhart - Colborne - Clutterbuck

Franson - Staal
Larsen - Ekman-Larsen
Carle - Guard (4,5 gold rookie)

Bernier
Deske

This is my second attempt playing Calgary, as in my first try Monahan dropped to 4,5 red stars and never exceeded 79 OVR (although scoring 68 points and winning the Calder).
So I thought I'd give it a second try and started a new dynasty, and guess what: Monahan scores 59 points, wins the Calder yet again, and drops to red :cry:

Is this somewhat pre-defined? Or has anybody managed to develop Monahan into a star player?

Bolded, thats your problem, you give him 3rd line time. If you pre edit him to an 81 ovr, thats how well he's played, and give him 1st line time, I had him jump to 86 for me. :yo: but yeah, if you give him anything less than 2nd line time, he wont progress it seems.

and to answer your first question, yeah it kinda is. But its dumb because some young players are scripted to get better, while others are barely NHL serviceable. which is why I pre edit all the rosters so that some players don't get as good as they should "in-game" because they probably won't IRL.

Woody19

Oct 31, 2005
Duesseldorf, Germany
Bolded, thats your problem, you give him 3rd line time. If you pre edit him to an 81 ovr, thats how well he's played, and give him 1st line time, I had him jump to 86 for me. :yo: but yeah, if you give him anything less than 2nd line time, he wont progress it seems.

and to answer your first question, yeah it kinda is. But its dumb because some young players are scripted to get better, while others are barely NHL serviceable. which is why I pre edit all the rosters so that some players don't get as good as they should "in-game" because they probably won't IRL.

Thanks. I played him on third line because many users say that you should play players according to their role, and he was listed as 3rd line centre. I did play him on the PP, though.
Anyway, keeping in mind he played 3rd line, winning the Calder should not make his potential regress from yellow to red, but rather improve his ratings. :rant:

Monny Monahan

Dec 29, 2013
Calgary
ps3gmchfb.chatango.com
Thanks. I played him on third line because many users say that you should play players according to their role, and he was listed as 3rd line centre. I did play him on the PP, though.
Anyway, keeping in mind he played 3rd line, winning the Calder should not make his potential regress from yellow to red, but rather improve his ratings. :rant:

What roster are using because early roster caused a lot of players to lose potential.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
What settings cause this. And is it necessary for me to use 2BC's rosters?

No one really knows. It's just random some say, while others think its predetermined.

And honestly, if you want the most realistic outcome from the sim, I would use 2BC's roster fixes. but add your own into it. Like make Fluery and Hiller both 87/88 respectively, because the goalie glitch still seems in effect for some reason. edit the Bruins whole team and add a few speed points to each player, because for whatever reason, their team is slower, but they have some really speedy players, and makes them lose in the sim. edit Cam Ward as well, down to an 86, because he just hasn't been the same goalie for a while now. still good, but not elite. I did all this, and the sim has been much better.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
No one really knows. It's just random some say, while others think its predetermined.

And honestly, if you want the most realistic outcome from the sim, I would use 2BC's roster fixes. but add your own into it. Like make Fluery and Hiller both 87/88 respectively, because the goalie glitch still seems in effect for some reason. edit the Bruins whole team and add a few speed points to each player, because for whatever reason, their team is slower, but they have some really speedy players, and makes them lose in the sim. edit Cam Ward as well, down to an 86, because he just hasn't been the same goalie for a while now. still good, but not elite. I did all this, and the sim has been much better.

But I kinda want to do the rosters, but it would take me so long.

EDIT: I didn't want to make it sound like I was lazy. But editing rosters and watching another guy do it seems boring.

Last edited:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
But I kinda want to do the rosters, but it would take me so long.

EDIT: I didn't want to make it sound like I was lazy. But editing rosters and watching another guy do it seems boring.

I'll admit it'll take you some time, but it's worth it in the end, because I see Ovechkin and Stamkos up in goals, Crosby putting up consistent 90~ point seasons.

The reason he does it, is because some rookies tat haven't been drafted yet get better than some of the current stars, and the current stars don't put up the points they should. It's up to you really, but if it helps make it seem more realistic then why not right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad