Value of: Dylan Larkin to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I'm going to get lit up for this, but if Larkin agreed to that rumored 9 X 8 years with the Avs I'd trade Rantanen for him.

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Nuke
Landeskog - Larkin - Newhook

With MacKinnon making 12+ next year, if I'm paying another guy in the top six 9+ million a year, I'd really want him to be a natural center play behind MacKinnon to carry the second line.

Plus Mikko is due a contract extension in 2.5 years that the Avs are going to have a hard time affording once they pay Byram/Newhook and finally aquire a real 2C. Get out ahead of yourself and lock down your center depth for a long ass time, Larkin is the perfect fit and perfect age for what the Avs need going forward.
Why not just move Rantanen to #2 centre? He’s had great success playing centre in Colorado. RANTANEN >>>>>> LARKIN and it’s not even close.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Trade could happen only if Larkin has demand trade and then Larkin isn't number two , he is captain and first line center

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'm going to get lit up for this, but if Larkin agreed to that rumored 9 X 8 years with the Avs I'd trade Rantanen for him.

With MacKinnon making 12+ next year, if I'm paying another guy in the top six 9+ million a year, I'd really want him to be a natural center play behind MacKinnon to carry the second line.

Plus Mikko is due a contract extension in 2.5 years that the Avs are going to have a hard time affording once they pay Byram/Newhook and finally aquire a real 2C. Get out ahead of yourself and lock down your center depth for a long ass time, Larkin is the perfect fit and perfect age for what the Avs need going forward.

You know what… I can’t hate it, but we would have no center depth at all.

Thank you for being real in that you’d have to surrender someone really good and I’d love Rantanen… but I don’t see how we can justify it

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
Rent him to us and then re-sign him yourselves
Avs should rent him for this run and the Wings can resign him in the summer.

Bonus that Larkin would gain some valuable playoff experience instead of suffering the 4 game sweep that surely awaits whoever makes that final wild card spot.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Avs should rent him for this run and the Wings can resign him in the summer.

Bonus that Larkin would gain some valuable playoff experience instead of suffering the 4 game sweep that surely awaits whoever makes that final wild card spot.

Avs could even trade him back before free agency for future considerations to facilitate an 8 year deal

Pipe dreams are the best dreams

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022

Larkin is a good players but Rantanen is better.
Rantanen are not to trabe because is one of the guy core under 2

In optic Colorado want to trade Rantanen it will be a hockey trade not a deadline trade
Put Rantanen on the market @ the draft and just imagine the return if you see what Dach return.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Why not just move Rantanen to #2 centre? He’s had great success playing centre in Colorado. RANTANEN >>>>>> LARKIN and it’s not even close.

This has been a debate for a while on the Avs board. Personally, I think Rantanen sucks ass at center.

You know what… I can’t hate it, but we would have no center depth at all.

Thank you for being real in that you’d have to surrender someone really good and I’d love Rantanen… but I don’t see how we can justify it

I agree, your center depth is pretty weak even with Larkin. Without him you're starting all over at center. Just trying to think out of the box here on something that might appeal to both teams. I have a hard time believing Detroit would get a single better player than Rantanen if it came down to trading Larkin.

You would have a surplus on really good wingers, maybe trade one of those for a younger center who's age aligns a bit better with your rebuild?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean the only way this would work is if Rantanen is going the other way. I don't think there's anyway to afford Mikko, Mack, Nuke, Landy, Cale, Larkin, etc.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
more than tarasenko. so larkin with full retention and a depth player for a min of 1st, 4th, a prospect like ranta. avs don't have a cap dump.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
sophomore slump. you can see the potential tho. still too good of a prospect to move for larkin or even a rental.
Ehh, a sophomore slump implies he had a great rookie year. He was by no means terrible, but I wouldn't call his first year electric. I don't mind the player but he definitely isn't someone that interests me when it comes to giving up Larkin.

Now the Rantanen discussion on the other hand... of all of the ridiculous proposals for Larkin recently that is the only one that I'd actually consider. Still think it's moot, don't think Larkin is going anywhere. Standard negotiations that take a while to settle on a number where the parties are at most 500k apart. People have read way too much into this situation.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Honestly, though, if Larkin gives you a REAL shot, is there such thing as "too good of a prospect?"
If Newhook can be part of a package bringing back a better now 2C, the Avs should seriously consider it.

When you think about it, Newhook has a very narrow berth. If he’s too good, can the Avs afford him? If he’s not good enough, do they want him? Based on this year, he’s shown enough promise for someone to show belief but they have to be in a position to be patient. That’s not the Avs.

Keep in mind, the Avs have to also juggle LD between Toews, Byram, and Girard. Toews is a significant trade piece as a 1D.

But the Avs need younger guys too.

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
yes. larkin needs to come with term and a good cap hit for that move to work for the avs.
Yeah, sorry.
Not happening.
The Market is pretty set.
Horvat got a first, a good prospect and a player.
Larkin - as a real two-way center - is better and younger than Horvat.
Isles couldn't negotiate with Horvat. They had to trade for him and get him.

Why would the Wings do all that work for Newhook, who has flashed skill, but really,
12-8-20 39 percent on faceoffs.
We have that guy.
His name is Joe Veleno.

So Newhook only starts the conversation.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This has been a debate for a while on the Avs board. Personally, I think Rantanen sucks ass at center.

Then keep Rantanen on wing and put him on the 2nd line and get him a center. Both MacKinnon and Rantanen are good enough superstars that they can carry their own lines.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Ehh, a sophomore slump implies he had a great rookie year. He was by no means terrible, but I wouldn't call his first year electric. I don't mind the player but he definitely isn't someone that interests me when it comes to giving up Larkin.

Now the Rantanen discussion on the other hand... of all of the ridiculous proposals for Larkin recently that is the only one that I'd actually consider. Still think it's moot, don't think Larkin is going anywhere. Standard negotiations that take a while to settle on a number where the parties are at most 500k apart. People have read way too much into this situation.
not what a sophomore means.

Yeah, sorry.
Not happening.
The Market is pretty set.
Horvat got a first, a good prospect and a player.
Larkin - as a real two-way center - is better and younger than Horvat.
Isles couldn't negotiate with Horvat. They had to trade for him and get him.

Why would the Wings do all that work for Newhook, who has flashed skill, but really,
12-8-20 39 percent on faceoffs.
We have that guy.
His name is Joe Veleno.

So Newhook only starts the conversation.
horvat was moved with an extension in mind. avs obviously cant do that. newhook could be moved but that would mean the avs would be keeping the 2023 1st.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
not what a sophomore means.
?

I think we all agree "sophomore" means 2nd season. He was questioning the meaning of "slump". Is it really a slump if you are only a couple of points off the pace from your rookie season?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
?

I think we all agree "sophomore" means 2nd season. He was questioning the meaning of "slump". Is it really a slump if you are only a couple of points off the pace from your rookie season?
i forgot the slump.

yes a drop in production is a slump. it's more than a few points.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Yzerman will find a way to sign him.

Plus Wings are in the playoff picture, it won't happen.

Furthermore, Avs wouldn't be able to sign him, they don't have the cap space.

He'd be a pure (very expensive) rental.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad