Value of: Dylan Larkin to Colorado

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
reports say yzerman isnt shopping bertuzzi as the wings are in the playoff hunt, id say that means the chances of a larkin trade are basically 0%

Those reports are wonky.
I listened to the Podcast.
Friedman never actually said that "Bertuzzi is off the market."
In fact, he speculated to opposite.
First he said Bertuzzi was getting healthy and playing well and driving interest.
Then he said the Wings are closer to a playoff spot and Yzerman might want to keep him since they were near the playoffs and out of respect for that great arena.
And then they said, maybe Bert wants to go try to win somewhere.
So... they played both sides of the fence.

Some Red Wings fans heard what they wanted to hear.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Those reports are wonky.
I listened to the Podcast.
Friedman never actually said that "Bertuzzi is off the market."
In fact, he speculated to opposite.
First he said Bertuzzi was getting healthy and playing well and driving interest.
Then he said the Wings are closer to a playoff spot and Yzerman might want to keep him since they were near the playoffs and out of respect for that great arena.
And then they said, maybe Bert wants to go try to win somewhere.
So... they played both sides of the fence.

Some Red Wings fans heard what they wanted to hear.
Or just maybe this is something that came out the following day, after his podcast speculation. Seems maybe someone listened to his podcast and whispered in his ear. During the HNIC broadcast he states the below. (Only clip I can find without going through the bother of uploading myself).

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You could probably get Kevin Hayes real cheap...
But that's sort of a move to make to signal you're doing something - but not really.

Avs need to do something. If they can get a player like Larkin for Newhook as a rental they need to do it. They have no recovered from the loss of Kadri.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs need to do something. If they can get a player like Larkin for Newhook as a rental they need to do it. They have no recovered from the loss of Kadri.
They haven’t recovered from the loss of their captain, Landy.

He’ll be back soon.

There is no way Larkin is on the market or in play for the Avs. Especially at any kind of realistic value they could pay. This thread is a waste of time. A nonsense thesis.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Yzerman will find a way to sign him.

Plus Wings are in the playoff picture, it won't happen.

Furthermore, Avs wouldn't be able to sign him, they don't have the cap space.

He'd be a pure (very expensive) rental.

Colorado could re-sign him it would just take some moving parts in the off-season (trading one of Girard or Toews, plus minor moves.

All hypothetical, but I would easily offer 2023 first + Newhook + if Larkin came with an extension.

Reactions: Linds

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Colorado could re-sign him it would just take some moving parts in the off-season (trading one of Girard or Toews, plus minor moves.

All hypothetical, but I would easily offer 2023 first + Newhook + if Larkin came with an extension.
I would as well but there is no way he’s on the market. Detroit is in a playoff push and he’s their captain.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I would as well but there is no way he’s on the market. Detroit is in a playoff push and he’s their captain.
Detroit wins tonight vs Washington.
It will be the high-water mark of playoff hopes.
And then the team sinks.
They'll be 6-8 points out with no real hope by the deadline.
Wings 5-game streak was powered by some pretty awful opposition goaltending.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
But does Steve Y have the balls to let him go to UFA as they push for the wild card spot in the east just to get bounced in 4 to 5 games?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010
Detroit wins tonight vs Washington.
It will be the high-water mark of playoff hopes.
And then the team sinks.
They'll be 6-8 points out with no real hope by the deadline.
Wings 5-game streak was powered by some pretty awful opposition goaltending.
If this goes as well as your prediction that we'd win three between Thanksgiving and the end of the year, the sign me up.

Reactions: wings95

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
If this goes as well as your prediction that we'd win three between Thanksgiving and the end of the year, the sign me up.
How'd that go anyway?
I had them at 3-8-5 - 11 points.
What did they do?
Oh, they went 5-7-3 - 13 points
LOL.
What a bad prediction. Off by two points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Latexiz

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
not what a sophomore means.

horvat was moved with an extension in mind. avs obviously cant do that. newhook could be moved but that would mean the avs would be keeping the 2023 1st.
Newhook would be the + in a trade for Larkin, not the centre piece.

Regardless it sounds like the Wings are going for it this year and Larkin won't be moved.

Its too bad because I was really hoping he would come to the Bruins

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Yes they have Compher is playing well. They have just had a ridiculous amount of injuries

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
But does Steve Y have the balls to let him go to UFA as they push for the wild card spot in the east just to get bounced in 4 to 5 games?
I mean he had the balls for stamkos to go UFA and I love Larkin, but he hasn't scrathed Stamkos level yet.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
A lesson I think everyone should learn... If you'd "easily do" a trade of a certain value for a high value asset... the offer isn't enough. Basically, if you're trying to acquire a team's top line C and there isn't some massive falling out (a la Roy in Montreal), you're not going to like the price it will take. Because while you would easily part with a 1st, Newhook, and I'm gonna assume the third plus there is something like a third or fourth round pick or similar prospect... Detroit has no interest in that. Think what you'd take for healthy Landeskog and assume for a second that you don't have Rantanen or Nichuskhin. That's where Detroit would be left. Our #1 C would become Andrew Copp.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
A lesson I think everyone should learn... If you'd "easily do" a trade of a certain value for a high value asset... the offer isn't enough. Basically, if you're trying to acquire a team's top line C and there isn't some massive falling out (a la Roy in Montreal), you're not going to like the price it will take. Because while you would easily part with a 1st, Newhook, and I'm gonna assume the third plus there is something like a third or fourth round pick or similar prospect... Detroit has no interest in that. Think what you'd take for healthy Landeskog and assume for a second that you don't have Rantanen or Nichuskhin. That's where Detroit would be left. Our #1 C would become Andrew Copp.

Benter than losing him for nothing

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Not really. You can color me incredibly shocked if they don’t agree to a contract with time to spare. They’re too close to a deal and mutually want the player here to not agree.

And if they can’t… I don’t want an end of the first round pick, Alex Newhook and something else immaterial for him.

All this tells me is 95% of you guys are scared of your own shadow and will just give up on doing your job because you might fail.

One of the last picks of the first and Alex Newhook isn’t a good return for Dylan Larkin. Hell, if I’m Yzerman, I talk to other teams and say “I’ll sign him to 8x9 for you.” If im unwilling to go that high.

Under no circumstances should Dylan Larkin be dealt as a rental.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Does he have the balls to tell his players "I know you've put yourself in a position to make the playoffs, but you guys suck and have no chance - I'm sending the best player and captain away"

Doesn't sound like something a former player would do.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Does he have the balls to tell his players "I know you've put yourself in a position to make the playoffs, but you guys suck and have no chance - I'm sending the best player and captain away"

Doesn't sound like something a former player would do.

This is just like the John Tav situation. Plus he'll lose the 8th year if they wait too long

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Newhook would be the + in a trade for Larkin, not the centre piece.

Regardless it sounds like the Wings are going for it this year and Larkin won't be moved.

Its too bad because I was really hoping he would come to the Bruins
newhook or a the 2023 1st would be the centerpiece. obviously not both for a rental.

Yea, I'm sure he's fine with 7 mil for 8 years or something just to have the honor of being on the Avs.
some guys just want to play playoff hockey

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
@Linds your text goes outside of the quote.

It's a little different than the Tavares situation, as Larkin is already playing and living where he grew up. I know you were talking about as in letting him leave - but every indication is that he wants to stay. Although, he grew up in Leafs pajamas as well.

Hell, why even pay him?

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
newhook or a the 2023 1st would be the centerpiece. obviously not both for a rental.

Horvat, who was a worse player, was just traded for more.

Newhook + 1st and likely even a smaller add as well

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Yzerman should decide to extend or not. Having a player get close to UFA after missing the playoffs is almost never good for the team. How many teams resign their stars last minute after missing the playoffs for a long number of years?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Horvat, who was a worse player, was just traded for more.

Newhook + 1st and likely even a smaller add as well
horvat was traded with the intention to re-sign. larkin is not getting a long term contract from colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad