OT: Bears & NFL Talk 100

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
This is not hyperbole. Flus and Poles really need to think about replacing Waldron asap. They are risking their jobs if they don’t

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Maybe Chicago does not need a pro football team.

We should trade the Bears for Cards

Right a wrong for South Siders/South Suburbanites who had our beloved team stolen

This is not hyperbole. Flus and Poles really need to think about replacing Waldron asap. They are risking their jobs if they don’t

They hired him

They should be out if he is out

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
babyhorsecantstand-cute.gif

this team really needs to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time
I actually do think there were some good things to take from this game. The coaching was not one of them. Waldron needs to stop with these pitches and screens. You have Moore, Rome, and Kmet, throws near the markers are actually working.

Liked Sweat again, he's been a great pickup. Swift tho, other than that one drive woof ugly

Last edited:

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Caleb was pretty good today. Threw some absolute darts into tight windows on those 4th quarter TD drives. The strip sack was a killer but that's really tough to pin on the QB. The second INT was putting the ball in harm's way needlessly but the first was a very understandable rookie mistake. Plenty to build on

Cubs2024wildcard

Caleb Williams is a bust
Apr 29, 2015
I just want to point out- Man's man Justin Fields is 3-0 and doesn't have the weapons Bustleb Williams has.

The "super bowl contender " the Bears got throttled by last week got slapped around by the Vikings.

I was right about Justin Fields. They never should have drafted a bust when they already had a real QB.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Caleb was pretty good today. Threw some absolute darts into tight windows on those 4th quarter TD drives. The strip sack was a killer but that's really tough to pin on the QB. The second INT was putting the ball in harm's way needlessly but the first was a very understandable rookie mistake. Plenty to build on
Not really. Lot of stat padding. The two picks were real bad. I feel a little better about him than I did after the first half, but he was miles away from pretty good.

Overall, very frustrating to lose to a worse team.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Not really. Lot of stat padding. The two picks were real bad. I feel a little better about him than I did after the first half, but he was miles away from pretty good.

Overall, very frustrating to lose to a worse team.
I know we aren't used to a Bears QB throwing for 300+ yards but what we saw today isn't stat padding, that's just what the NFL is and has been for the last 15 years.

Reactions: TLEH

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I know we aren't used to a Bears QB throwing for 300+ yards but what we saw today isn't stat padding, that's just what the NFL is and has been for the last 15 years.
Hail Mary before the half was stat padding. Colts weren’t playing serious d on his second td, which was his best drive of the day. He wasn’t terrible, but far from pretty good. Still a ton of overthrows, picks, miscommunications, and often a general lack of awareness when plays break down.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Especially considering Fields only had 1 300+ yard passing game in his career and it came his 3rd year lol. Caleb did it in week 3 and the game wasn't a blow out.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Swift dropped a screen. We ran option on 4th and 1 after a good drive. Rome stopped his route on an inside breaking one that looked like they miscommunicated.. The throw into double coverage was a good throw (eh decision) and it was dropped and unlucky for the guy to pick. The first pick was bad. The fumble I’d like to not see but also don’t like our very good blocking TE getting blown past or being asked to block 1 on 1.

The Hail Mary was like 40 something yards. The colts playing soft zone doesn’t mean they’re just allowing a free TD. I feel like play calling and coaching were 1 and 2 of the problems and yeah he made mistakes, but I thought he also improved again from week 2-week 3.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Hail Mary before the half was stat padding. Colts weren’t playing serious d on his second td, which was his best drive of the day. He wasn’t terrible, but far from pretty good. Still a ton of overthrows, picks, miscommunications, and often a general lack of awareness when plays break down.
Yeah he's far from the only thing wrong, but he hasn't been good - 3 turnovers isn't good and the offense has regressed from last year it seems.

All summer we heard how the Bears offense would be terrific, would do this, do that - every throw he made in the preseason was oohed and ahhed over.

But the results so far speak for themselves. And this is the easy part of the schedule too.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Keys to this loss

- terrible playcalling on 4 downs on the goal line
- terrible TO management
- terrible personnel usage
- a terrible ST penalty

3 of those on the coaches.
I do agree with you here. Especially at RB. I think it’s pressure from above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad