Dylan Guenther scores the first goal for the Utah HC!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The franchise has been sniffing at being good for a few years so they certainly could break through this year, but I think some of you are putting a lot of stock in a win over Chicago who I think will not be a very good team this year.

It’s never too early for hot takes!

In all seriousness, you are correct of course - I’m not sure that the franchise is even a playoff team yet, given the competition in the West…but they are gonna be fun and they are going to score a lot of goals this year. Keller-Schmaltz and Cooley-Guenther are both dynamic duos and they’ve got a lot of interesting pieces to fit around them and Sergachev joining Durzi in providing offense from the back end.

Reactions: Derailed75

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
It’s never too early for hot takes!

In all seriousness, you are correct of course - I’m not sure that the franchise is even a playoff team yet, given the competition in the West…but they are gonna be fun and they are going to score a lot of goals this year. Keller-Schmaltz and Cooley-Guenther are both dynamic duos and they’ve got a lot of interesting pieces to fit around them and Sergachev joining Durzi in providing offense from the back end.
They are getting close you are correct, should be a lot of fun to be one of their fans.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Good shot, especially getting it off in that position, but I have no idea how the goalie didn't stop that....it was close to the middle of the net, he wasn't screened.....it simply went right through him

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Lots of good things to celebrate for Utah. :)

First goal, no one wanted to be the one. Shared by whole crew.

When they play Chicago, it's Hawk - uTAH.
When they play Florida, it's flute time. (FLA-UTA)

So much fun :) And the fans are good sports.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Yes, I get that, but does it make sense? How does Hawk uTAH tie in?

... the name of both clubs coincidentally sounds kinda like Hawk Tuah via Hawks and uTAH (Hockey club)?

Don't look for a deep meaning it's just childish stuff. It's just a dumb coincidence where we have hawks/hawk and tuah is an anagram of Utah and uTAH sounds sorta like tuah.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
... the name of both clubs coincidentally sounds kinda like Hawk Tuah via Hawks and uTAH (Hockey club)?

Don't look for a deep meaning it's just childish stuff. It's just a dumb coincidence where we have hawks/hawk and tuah is an anagram of Utah and uTAH sounds sorta like tuah.
I don't think anybody thinks its as funny as you, Bro. Good on you for giving it a go though, Champ.

Reactions: Figgy44

Artemis Clyde Frog

Feb 1, 2019
We still doing this? The generic feel is absolutely on purpose until they launch their full identity. They felt internally they needed around 18 months to fully vet, get fan input, design, brand, license and complete a full identity rollout. They had 6 months. So instead of a half-baked concept that would be hard to move on from, the decision to be as generic as possibles (aside from the introduction of a sky blue and black color palette which would preserve a certain fan aesthetic in the stands in the future) was an absolute choice.

None of the fans in Utah care right now - initial season momentum is a thing. And it’s a pretty smart marketing move because if gives the club an another huge media opportunity next summer and a chance to double dip on retail merch. This Utah HC stuff is a one-off and will essentially be inaugural season kitsch collectibles a couple decades from now despite its inherently boring nature. Meanwhile, everybody will re-buy more stuff next summer when the official brand is rolled out.

Anyways…all that hand-wringing about “Guenther who?” in his contract extension thread is going to look so ridiculous by the end of this season. Kid is a goal machine.
Sorry, I didn't know many others had been saying the same! And since my post I've seen that the jerseys are just temporary. Had I known that I wouldn't had made that post (yet).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad