Value of: Dylan Cozens to the Flames

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Does anyone in this thread understand what a NTC/NMC is and that any player of ANY significance has one and would sooner drink a milkshake with rat poison and broken glass before accepting a move to the Sabres?

This is the excuse is Sabreland. No one will come to Buffalo. Amazing how Winnipeg doesn't cry about this. Buffalo is a fine city. It's GM Adams job to sell the town.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Yeah, your picks are too high. I think Coleman is worth a 1st and 2nd, but from a playoff team. Picks around that 20 to 30th mark. Buffalo does need to address the "veteran starch" component, but probably not at that cost. Eventually though they need to turn some of those picks and prospects into players that help you win though.
For sure don't disagree at all. I'm curious what you view your timeline of "rebuilding" if you want to call it that is? Is it a re-tool? In some ways kind of has to be with Hubs, Weegar, Andersson, Kadri, Coleman, Backlund being your key players. If so then a guy like Rosen who likely could step in today and contribute some should hold higher value than a future 1st and second from a late round contender. If it's a rebuild and several years of true development is the priority then maybe shop for that 1st and 2nd from a better team than the Sabres.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Does anyone in this thread understand what a NTC/NMC is and that any player of ANY significance has one and would sooner drink a milkshake with rat poison and broken glass before accepting a move to the Sabres?
Hey! It's an Abbott's milkshake with strychnine washed down with a Genny cream ale for some of us. And we came out stronger and.....no we didn't

• Haha
Reactions: sabremike

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
For sure don't disagree at all. I'm curious what you view your timeline of "rebuilding" if you want to call it that is? Is it a re-tool? In some ways kind of has to be with Hubs, Weegar, Andersson, Kadri, Coleman, Backlund being your key players. If so then a guy like Rosen who likely could step in today and contribute some should hold higher value than a future 1st and second from a late round contender. If it's a rebuild and several years of true development is the priority then maybe shop for that 1st and 2nd from a better team than the Sabres.
What I think should happen is very different than what I think will happen. I'd like a full rebuild. We have one player I think is likely a star in Wolf. We have Zary, Parekh and Brzustewicz who I think will be impact players. We have Pospisil who can be a high end 3rd liner. There's no #1 center here, maybe not even a #2 center. There are no 1st line wingers here. There's no 1st pairing 2 way defenseman here.

I don't think we get those pieces retooling. The guy I drool about is coming in 2027. I think he has potential to be the best player in NHL history and his dad was a Flame and he's from Calgary.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don't think the Sabres are looking to trade Cozens just because he has hit a dry spell recently leads the team in shots with 27....just have to get him going he can't even finish on an empty net lately.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I know many Sabres fans aren't happy with Cozens currently. But he still intrigues me since he's a very skilled and fast player who's also an RHC. I'm curious about his value and whether the Sabres would be willing to move him to the Flames.
Adams wouldn't sell low on Cozens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad