Value of: Dylan Cozens to the Flames

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If I did then I am unaware. Show me where I twisted what you said and I will happily apologize for misunderstanding you. That is, if I am not too stupid to read it.

EDIT: based off my short review of the comments it seems to have gone like this:

You: something around cozens for kadri?
me: No thanks on kadri, that contract is ick
you: Both contracts are ick, but cozens is even worse
me: then why offer him for cozens? you can keep him
You: You are stupid and can't read

Where did I misunderstand?
I made the both contracts are ick statement. I never offered him for Cozens. He made the rest of the comments. I actually think Kadri is really fantastic value for what he is right now. I just understand there are still 4 years left after this one. The last 2 years likely won't be fantastic value. The Cozens contract could be bad all the way through, but he could also figure it out. Right now it's pretty bad value.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Yes, Cozens is frustrating right now. I still don't believe he's a center... But I can't imagine a reasonable trade ask that the Flames would be willing to offer.

He leads the entire team in shots, pucks will go in.

Would a Brock Nelson ++ for Cozens interest and Buff fans?
Nelson is a UFA. Better be some serious pluses

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I made the both contracts are ick statement. I never offered him for Cozens. He made the rest of the comments. I actually think Kadri is really fantastic value for what he is right now. I just understand there are still 4 years left after this one. The last 2 years likely won't be fantastic value. The Cozens contract could be bad all the way through, but he could also figure it out. Right now it's pretty bad value.

Ya market value for Kadri this year is like 9M. I'm sure he'll fall off but looks good so far. He's the wildly inconsistent player he's always been

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Highest add id probably go is like a 3rd. Rosen was a 1st round pick and hasn't really lost that value imo. We did the leg work the past few years developing him.
I've felt Buffalo needs some Coleman/Backlund type vets for a few years. I'd move Coleman, but it would need to be more than Rosen. Not sure exactly what, but something.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Does anyone in this thread understand what a NTC/NMC is and that any player of ANY significance has one and would sooner drink a milkshake with rat poison and broken glass before accepting a move to the Sabres?

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
A point per game player who makes 7 million dollars while is defensively responsible?

show me a better value contract. please.
Kadri hasn't been a ppg player in a season since the 2022 season concluded. Sure he might be doing that currently, but sample size, so I can understand hesitation from others.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Kadri hasn't been a ppg player in a season since the 2022 season concluded. Sure he might be doing that currently, but sample size, so I can understand hesitation from others.

He would have led the Sabres in scoring last season. Not by a little either.
Cozens might be as good at some point but really no guarantee of that. Buffalo at some point needs some vets that know how to win, and can help impart that knowledge on their young core.

If I were them I'd definitely be looking at someone like Naz and Coleman, and I don't think I'd have a big list of untouchables when in danger of missing the playoffs for a 14th straight season.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Highest add id probably go is like a 3rd. Rosen was a 1st round pick and hasn't really lost that value imo. We did the leg work the past few years developing him.
He's lost the lotto element though. I'd rather have the 1st because there's that chance of hitting it big with a Pastrnak type pick. I wouldn't do a 3rd and Rosen for Coleman. I'd rather have a 1st and 2nd, but I get that Buffalo's is likely going to be too high.

Helenius straight up would work, but I'm guessing that's out of bounds.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He's lost the lotto element though. I'd rather have the 1st because there's that chance of hitting it big with a Pastrnak type pick. I wouldn't do a 3rd and Rosen for Coleman. I'd rather have a 1st and 2nd, but I get that Buffalo's is likely going to be too high.

Helenius straight up would work, but I'm guessing that's out of bounds.
Very much out of bounds and a first and second from Buffalo has the equivalent value of a possible lottery pick and almost a 1st (because our 2nd will be that low lol). In no world is Coleman worth that risk and even if he is, he's not gonna make our break our year to that level anyways.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
A point per game player who makes 7 million dollars while is defensively responsible?

show me a better value contract. please.
This issue isn't his current production or dollars. Either you aren't aware that his contract lasts until he is 39 years old or you are deliberately leaving out that part to make your argument seem better. So which is it?

People in here talking like the Sabres are gonna be contending this year. Get a grip. Kadri doesn't make us contenders and IF (currently that is a very big if) we are on the right track to actually be a contender. It won't be for like 2 or 3 more years. Sorry for not being confident that Kadri keeps doing this when he is 36 or 37. The last thing we need is another bunch of dead cap in a couple years from another buy out if we ARE lucky enough to be contending.

Reactions: freester

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I’m a madman and would consider Cozens for Kadri+. Dunno why, but I feel like he’ll age decently, he’s gritty, yada yada. Don’t see an additional piece that really moves the needle though

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
At that point it’s splitting hairs, his 75 points in 82 games last year isn’t quite point per game, but it’s also not far enough to consider that’s roughly the level of play he was at, especially considering he spent the majority of the season with two rookies.

Another way to look at it, over the last 4 seasons including this one, he has played at a 76 point per 82 game pace. Not point per game, but not that far off either.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I never said both contracts were ick, you made that assumption because for some reason you think Kadri getting paid as a 2nd line C when he's been playing like a #1C is "ick", because he's 39 when it ends, completely ignoring that he's put up his 2 best seasons of his career in the past 3 seasons and has really grown into being a great leader on a young team.

I also never said Cozens contract was worse, I implied they carried a similar amount of risk, but for different reasons.

So you know, you only misunderstood pretty much everything I said.
Ahh so when you said "kadri's contract is no more ick than cozens" you meant Kadri's contract is not ick at all. And then when you said they could be traded for each other, you believe that because they carry similar risk.

Wait, so the contracts aren't equal under ick
But could be equal under risk

Let me ask you this, what exactly did you think I meant when I said the contract was ick? Did I say his current production was ick? No. Did I say he looks ick? No. I said his CONTRACT is ick. Why might i think that? Maybe because I don't like the risk associated with being tied to a player making 7 million till he is 39? It sure seems like maybe you were the one who mistinterpreted what I was saying here and not the other way around because by you saying both contracts have risk, you ARE saying both contracts are ick in the way I was using it.

I am not gonna comment on this anymore because it is stupid semantic bullshit. So i'll let you have the last word on it, you can add whatever insults you want on top of what you already have said.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Ahh so when you said "kadri's contract is no more ick than cozens" you meant Kadri's contract is not ick at all. And then when you said they could be traded for each other, you believe that because they carry similar risk.

Wait, so the contracts aren't equal under ick
But could be equal under risk

Let me ask you this, what exactly did you think I meant when I said the contract was ick? Did I say his current production was ick? No. Did I say he looks ick? No. I said his CONTRACT is ick. Why might i think that? Maybe because I don't like the risk associated with being tied to a player making 7 million till he is 39? It sure seems like maybe you were the one who mistinterpreted what I was saying here and not the other way around because by you saying both contracts have risk, you ARE saying both contracts are ick in the way I was using it.
bro stop saying ick....its getting weird now. Just let them keep Kadri....

Reactions: freester

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad