Value of: Dylan Cozens to the Flames

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Trading Andersson for anyone right now seems crazy to me.

Guys too good. I think they have to wait for the summer and offer a huge contract.

That seems like the best plan as an outsider. And if contract negotiations go poorly, he is likely to garner an excellent return since he is a right hand shot 1D.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
That seems like the best plan as an outsider. And if contract negotiations go poorly, he is likely to garner an excellent return since he is a right hand shot 1D.
Yep, retain half and thats probably the best contract in the league.

I hope he resigns though

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Don't see a deal right now. You'd want him for 25 cents on the dollar, and the 13 year drought Sabres literally can't afford that kind of beating in a trade again.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
According to some of the Flames fans-with-ties Calgary has been sniffing around Krebs which makes a lot more sense given the contract status of Cozens. What would a Krebs deal look like from a Buffalo POV?

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
According to some of the Flames fans-with-ties Calgary has been sniffing around Krebs which makes a lot more sense given the contract status of Cozens. What would a Krebs deal look like from a Buffalo POV?
Ask again in 25-30 games. It's tough to tell how much Lindy likes him / if he's in on merit (I think he is), or because of injuries.

Reactions: Volica

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Something around Andersson for Cozens might have made some sense before the Sabres traded Mittelstadt. Now as it stands, they don't have the center depth to be able to trade Cozens
This is accurate.

I've felt for a long time that Cozens belongs at wing, not C. With Mitts gone, the Sabres can't realistically make that move. Ditto for trading him.

Last edited:

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
If Buffalo is trading Cozens your best C prospect would come back along with Anderssen and something else.

Buffalo will not take back Kadri in any deal

Cozens in a slump now…yes
you know your goal should be to win not to be the youngest team. i'm not a fan of buffalo and calgary but i like buffalo now it's time to make a playoff.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I don't have interest in Cozens personally. I've never viewed him as a center and the more I see of him the more convinced I become. I also see Krebs as a very interesting player. He's already a very strong defensive C and perhaps more opportunity could unlock him offensively to where he could become a middle 6 C.

Buffalo made a bet with that contract to Cozens. It wasn't a bad bet, it just hasn't really worked out. I have no interest in the same bet with more information now. It could still turn, I don't think he's as bad as the offensive totals and his defensive work would indicate, but at the same time I don't think he's a top end 2C like he's being paid to be.

Question for Sabres fans. Do you value Ostlund or Rosen higher? I like Ostlund defensively and Rosen as an entry guy. I'd be interested in either player if they are available.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
The Sabres have made their bed for this year and Cozens and Krebs are in that bed

And there is hope that the roster is trending in the right direction. It’s too early to abandon the plan so early

Maybe talk later at trade deadline depending on how things are going

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Half a bag of pucks.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't have interest in Cozens personally. I've never viewed him as a center and the more I see of him the more convinced I become. I also see Krebs as a very interesting player. He's already a very strong defensive C and perhaps more opportunity could unlock him offensively to where he could become a middle 6 C.

Buffalo made a bet with that contract to Cozens. It wasn't a bad bet, it just hasn't really worked out. I have no interest in the same bet with more information now. It could still turn, I don't think he's as bad as the offensive totals and his defensive work would indicate, but at the same time I don't think he's a top end 2C like he's being paid to be.

Question for Sabres fans. Do you value Ostlund or Rosen higher? I like Ostlund defensively and Rosen as an entry guy. I'd be interested in either player if they are available.

I value Ostlund higher based on being a Center and I think has higher upside.

Rosen is probably safer bet at the moment based on the stage of his development right now. Rosen has great speed and I'm pretty certain he will carve out a nice career as a top 9 forward in NHL

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
what is the Sabre's timeline?
Probably a GM change and a couple of seasons away.

No interest in Kadri since there's like a 5% chance we make the playoffs this season. Organization recently bought out Skinner to save money as well, would hate to trade Peterka or Quinn because of adding Kadri.

I want to keep Cozens and add a center to get back our center depth.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
We can't trade Cozens because we are short at center after the Mitts trade.

Cozens isn't a center long term (clearly).

Lots to unpack there....

jk just seems like weird double standards here. Btw I have no interest in moving him anywhere but wing. He will be fine.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Don't have a ton of interest in Cozens personally. Doesn't have the IQ or consistency to be a reliable top6 C long term in my view. Not exactly cheap either, both in AAV and in likely acquisition cost.

Krebs for a middling pick or something would be my preference. No need to take such a big swing so soon for Conroy.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
While certainly not untouchable, trading Krebs doesn't make much sense for Buffalo at this point, either.
He's been a decent, good at the dot bottom six center with some jam and secondary scoring to the point where some Sabres fans want him to get a look on the second line.
The question is what would you trade for him that could make the Sabres better right now.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I value Ostlund higher based on being a Center and I think has higher upside.

Rosen is probably safer bet at the moment based on the stage of his development right now. Rosen has great speed and I'm pretty certain he will carve out a nice career as a top 9 forward in NHL
Interesting. Rosen seems to be a guy who will provide good secondary offense and be able to be a zone entry guy. What would you think fair value is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad